test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fighters Retaliate critical severity (still) countered by players own critical avoidance stat.

wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
edited October 2021 in Bug Reports (PC)
Before the combat ratings rework, Retaliate was unable to crit if the players critical avoidance stat was high enough to counter the players own critical hit stat. After the combat ratings rework I was happy to see Retaliate crit like any other skill, but it seems the problem only shifted with the change to how critical avoidance works.

Retaliates critical hit damage is now reduced by our critical avoidance stat, resulting in critical hits doing LESS damage than normal hits.

In this picture you can see the stats of my test toon along with the results of the comparison between calculated expected damage values and actual ingame damage values. Note that critical hits are far from what is expected.

Since we know that Retaliate was calculating critical hit chance based of our own toons critical avoidance before the combat ratings rework, I made sure to make my toon have almost equal critical severity and critical avoidance stats. If the bug is still there, this would result in critical severity being negated by critical avoidance :

As seen in the picture, the difference between projected and actual damage dealt is extremely close when disabling critical severity in the calculation.

To make sure this was not some weird coincidence, I made changes that would result in critical severity being about 5% higher than critical avoidance. Note that the critical avoidance % in this picture is with Unshakable Shieldarm from Dig In activated :

We can clearly see that the difference between critical severity and critical avoidance results in higher critical hit damage than what is calculated.

During this test I found that there is a 0,5 sec window between Dig In activation and Unshakable Shieldarm activation. As a final test to prove that our own critical avoidance counters Retaliate critical severity I had Retaliate hit before the feat could activate :

Lowering critical avoidance by 10% increases Retaliate damage by 10%.

@noworries#8859 @nitocris83 @percemer

Elite Whaleboy

Comments

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Does this bug only appear on the Fighter class?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    armadeonx said:

Does this bug only appear on the Fighter class?

I'm currently testing all Fighter, Barb and Paladin powers and will report bugs as i find them. I have to admit I suspect that this calculation error is present for both Paladins Burning Light and Barbarians Primal Fury as they all use the same stamina based formula.

Edit :

Tested Barbarians Primal Fury.

Hits at 0 stamina very hard to achieve due to stamina regeneration, but these numbers are close enough to confirm that damage is WAI :

Hits at full stamina :

Conclusion : Primal Fury damage is working as intended, damage varies from 100 magnitude at full stamina to 750 magnitude at 0 stamina.

Post edited by wilbur626 on
    Elite Whaleboy