test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Public Advance dungeons (Is there a point doing it anymore?)

ogion#6221 ogion Member Posts: 2 Arc User
U wait one hour for a dungeon queue only to end up with a bunch of random level 30s that clearly dont have the power or much less, understand the mechanics of the boss fight to eventual succeed in the end. Public Advance dungeons should be set to a minimum item level 40. Even it u dont agreed, many level 40\50s refuse to run the advance dungeons with 30s, this mean there is alot of dungeon run cancellation. Why! because even if u buff to compensate for your fellow dungeon comrades lack of power, it ends up being a waste of resources, because its not enough to pickup the slack on your own. Looks like advance dungeons are becoming private guild only runs.

Comments

• riccatwo#4547 riccatwo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Analysis is perfect. Why calling them random anymore?
    Where is random element when I try as healer and i always get stuck in an empty Demo RTQ left open by players asking for reinforcements?
    Same happens with Infernal Citadel in RADQ. Queue empty and waiting for reinforcment.
    Finding something else is a pretty rare event.
    And why we haven't heard A SINGLE WORD from gm or developers? Nobody has given an explanation or an excuse for this mess.
    So far I've only read often future plans. I've never complained so far and went through all changes but getting rough diamonds in a reasonable amount of time is most important aspect of game and now is gone away.
  • redchillismoke#2115 redchillismoke Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I'm pulling people from PE and explaining mechs. So far, it's worked ok. Only had one poptart that joined a HC Q, ran ahead, died, then yelled at all of us because we had just loaded in. If you're in PE, holler back for a pick up.
    Murder time is fun time!
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    How to fix RADQ: Remove dps and heal checks...Seriously. Dps checks are the laziest design in the game and heal checks being placed only to give healers a false sense of usefulness. Tank checks are a bit harder to remove because anything can count as a tank check, even mobs. If you can't stay standing during a group of mobs, you failed. The issue in RADQ hasn't been tanks from what I've seen, mostly since I can pull aggro off tanks as a dps fighter and survive anyways...

I've failed so many lomms due to second boss since the rework because dps run away from the tank or the healer cries out of divinity in 3 seconds.

IC actually has a higher completion rate than lomm because of how nerfed the dungeon has been since the rework, but there is still a pointless dps check at the end that doesn't need to exist.

CR they claimed will be fixed on first boss...let's see.

Tong you can basically solo as a dps, so its not an issue.
  • thordet91#6067 thordet91 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    No, I do my reapers and if my guild is not running tomm or zariel I log of
  • mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    > @rod#8890 said:
    > U wait one hour for a dungeon queue only to end up with a bunch of random level 30s that clearly dont have the power or much less, understand the mechanics of the boss fight to eventual succeed in the end. Public Advance dungeons should be set to a minimum item level 40. Even it u dont agreed, many level 40\50s refuse to run the advance dungeons with 30s, this mean there is alot of dungeon run cancellation. Why! because even if u buff to compensate for your fellow dungeon comrades lack of power, it ends up being a waste of resources, because its not enough to pickup the slack on your own. Looks like advance dungeons are becoming private guild only runs.

Why wait an hour when it takes 2 to 3 minutes to host it?
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    My biggest problem with the Epic Trials and the Advanced Dungeons is that they cap to an item level that it painfully low for the level of challenge. If a group shows up that is at the item level for that Trial or Dungeon, then they should have a chance to win it. That is so, so, SO not the case. If a group enters Cradle of the Death God, and every character has the item level to which it is CAPPED (I'm thinking 35k, but I'm not sure at the moment), then that group will absolutely fail 100% of the time.

Demogorgon is exactly the same. It caps you at 48k. All three of my characters are at or above 50k, and so they are capped every time. Technically, that means they are too powerful for that trial. And yet, I am useless with all three. I can't close portals fast enough to keep them from opening.

Minimum IL is 40,000 for Demogorgon. A 40k party would never make it past the first phase.

So, why is it that the IL cap or a trial or advanced dungeon is actually the minimum required to have a chance at success? Isn't that sort of...backwards? Shouldn't the IL MINIMUM be the minimum required IL to have a chance of success???
  • link#8009 link Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I honestly don't have a problem with Demo i can solo tank it on my 40k ilvl fighter the problem i have is people logging out or standing till screaming kick me kick me over and over. Also bring in a penalty for people who miss use the vote kick player the other day i did radq my tank is an old build from when i had as much passive heal as possible we got T9 and by the time we got to the first boss i had healed more than the healer for the next 3 mins i watched the healer, heal the guy who took the orcus dmg buff until he was top healer after we cleared the boss no death top aggro they didn't even leave green i talked to the door to continue and all of a sudden loading protector enclave they vote kicked me for no reason this isn't the first time
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    At the very least they need to remove the upper TIL cap. It's absolutely silly having an upper cap in advanced content! Players are already capped at 90% on all stats so capping their base damage and HP in LOMM, IC or Demo is just an insult - especially when they still want players to chase improving their IL.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

At the very least they need to remove the upper TIL cap. It's absolutely silly having an upper cap in advanced content! Players are already capped at 90% on all stats so capping their base damage and HP in LOMM, IC or Demo is just an insult - especially when they still want players to chase improving their IL.

I agree, but I also think there's a little nuance.

Groups that fail Cradle of the Death God fail it SOLELY because of the imposed IL cap. Groups that should be able to win, with a challenge, just cannot.

Groups that fail Demogorgon fail because the damn thing is designed for the IL CAP, not the IL MINIMUM.

If you say that you need 40k to play it, then it should be playable with a group at 40k. That is 100% untrue. You can survive with a character at 40k, yes, because the group carries you. You cannot effectively contribute to the group's success at 40k, at least not without some optimal build that requires scrutiny of the game, the internet, Reddit, and YouTube. Not everyone who plays a random queue should be required to focus that much effort into the game.

This is a game, not a lifestyle.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Yep it's always been true that if you access dungeons or trials where the majority of the group were at the minimum entry IL you were probably going to have a failed run - I suppose that's the price of having such a wide band and it's probably what they were aiming at addressing when they introduced the IL upper cap; narrowing the band so they can target the difficulty better.

They have missed the mark on that front (as everyone knows) - partly as they've combined it with the new stat system that disproportionately reduces the effective DPS of everyone who doesn't have 100% companion bolster, regardless of their IL, weapon & artifact set etc.
    Post edited by armadeonx on
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    random to Cryptic means playing with random people,

random to player means getting a random chance to play a particular set of queues,

I feel I am almost always entering a failed queue rather than starting a new queue