test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character body texture borked after changing appearance

viola996viola996 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
I changed the appearance of one of my characters, and now she has the wrong texture on her upper body. I thought the texture was missing at first because it's mostly transparent, but it seems to be just the wrong texture - some kind of chainmail. The texture got messed up on entering the appearance edit interface, but sadly I didn't notice until after saving my changes. Tested a couple of other characters (without saving changes this time) and it seems to happen for characters with faces that are no longer available. This character was created in 2014 so I guess a lot has changed since then.

I tried the Force Verify option in the launcher, and setting my graphics to default settings. Neither helped. The GM who took my support request suggested I submit a bug report here so, here it is.

Comments

• rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    I saw this happen to someone else a little while back, months, also there was a thread with someone else affected by this. Yup, it was because the character was an old one and if I recall correctly there was some answer from @nitocris83 in the thread, maybe she remembers and can help you out.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Any character that has an original, pre-mod 4 skin bugs if you change their appearance without first selecting a preset. Basically you can't alter the old appearance but rather have to start with a new model as base and start from that. The only fix is to redo youd appearance again and select a preset before making changes. You can attempt to keep as of your old look as possible by screenshotting the sliders on the individual tabs, first.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • viola996viola996 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Thankyou @pitshade that fixed it.
    In case any devs read this, I would suggest auto-selecting a preset for outdated character models, and maybe showing a warning message.