test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official: The Reaper's Challenge

Comments

• noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    arcanjo86 said:

@noworries#8859

please check taroka card description for some ideas for modifiers:

- such as tank have 100% more aggro radius,
    - enemies damage applie poison to you,
    - when player uses damage with at-will they take some damage,
    - theres a chance werewolfs packs will hunt you,
    - chance when killing enemies ghosts will spawn,
    - when player dies they spawn as ghost for few secs and then respawns at campfire(no res possible),
    - enemies have +100% more hp,
    - enemies deal +100% more damage,
    - when using daily power player is stunned for 3 secs,
    - encounter powers cooldown is doubled,
    - mounts combat power cooldown doubled,
    - active artifact cooldown doubled,
    - players power and defense decreased by 10%

As a note we already have no revive and encounter power cooldowns doubled modifiers for The Reaper's Challenge and the critters have higher item level than usual (giving them more health and damage) and have some additional health modifiers applied as well for all of the matches.

There are options in your list we may add to the queues in the future. Thank you for the feedback.

We had avoided at-wills do damage to yourself and using your powers stun you as those felt like they interrupted the flow/experience too much, but we can consider them if players think they will be interesting.
  • arran#4326 arran Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    lmao 30 days for a lego mount? it takes me like 30 mins to get one on twitch xD
    I guess we skppin mod 22 too #sadgegang
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Who said anything about M22?
  • arran#4326 arran Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

Pretty sure I did lmao #englishhard

arazith07 said:

Pretty sure I did lmao #englishhard
    Yes, and I was basically wondering why you would bring up M22 and what it's relevance is to Reaper's Challenge. We are still in M21, with almost no information yet on M22 other than a trailer and estimated release date.
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    arazith07 said:

This game at "hardcore" is easy mode for any other MMO. NOTHING in the game even comes close to "Dark Souls level of difficulty". This community is really bad about anything that is more difficult than a simple Tank and Spank and raises a loud commotion and gives up on a single wipe.

Just because something has a high item level requirement, doesn't mean it's for hardcore only. It's the same level of difficulty and the base dungeon, just with more HP and damage and some minor debuffs or limitation on powers/items that players in the normal dungeons hardly ever use anyways. This is just content for players who have played the game for more than a year or two, and gives rewards that is mostly useful for alts.

Just content for players who have the played the game for more than a year or two? My dear sweet summer child, I've been playing this game since it came out on console. I remember when VT and Malabog was nigh impossible between bugs and how it was at the time. I remember when Svardborg couldn't never be done via PUGs and had to be only done with a group of 10. I've also put more money into this game on two different systems than I want to admit. I'm not worried about myself. I could do this if I wanted. But I'm one of the heads of an alliance. And I worry about them. I worry about this gives items to people who don't really need it. Again pay closer attention to my complaint about RTQ. Only one of them now has gear worthwhile but we weren't doing this as an alliance for the gear but for the AD and the Seals. So unless they give all 4 Trials worthwhile gear what's the point of raising the level for entry. This is for people who want a challenge sure. I agree with the one video of Nova's that where those bragging right titles come in. Or possibly gorgeous looking transmutes or mounts that look awesome and can show you did hard work to get them. That's one of things that WOW actually does well. They make difficulty challenge stuff give cool looking stuff not necessarily stuff that raises power. Not a way for people who don't need this extra gear who are already close to max ilevel to get more things they don't need. They want the rewards to not be Bound so they can auction them off since they won't need them. To sell to those people who do at sometimes exorbitant prices. Make Reaper Challenge about bragging rights not getting highest level gear.

arazith07 said:

This game at "hardcore" is easy mode for any other MMO. NOTHING in the game even comes close to "Dark Souls level of difficulty". This community is really bad about anything that is more difficult than a simple Tank and Spank and raises a loud commotion and gives up on a single wipe.

Just because something has a high item level requirement, doesn't mean it's for hardcore only. It's the same level of difficulty and the base dungeon, just with more HP and damage and some minor debuffs or limitation on powers/items that players in the normal dungeons hardly ever use anyways. This is just content for players who have played the game for more than a year or two, and gives rewards that is mostly useful for alts.

Just content for players who have the played the game for more than a year or two? My dear sweet summer child, I've been playing this game since it came out on console. I remember when VT and Malabog was nigh impossible between bugs and how it was at the time. I remember when Svardborg couldn't never be done via PUGs and had to be only done with a group of 10. I've also put more money into this game on two different systems than I want to admit. I'm not worried about myself. I could do this if I wanted. But I'm one of the heads of an alliance. And I worry about them. I worry about this gives items to people who don't really need it. Again pay closer attention to my complaint about RTQ. Only one of them now has gear worthwhile but we weren't doing this as an alliance for the gear but for the AD and the Seals. So unless they give all 4 Trials worthwhile gear what's the point of raising the level for entry. This is for people who want a challenge sure. I agree with the one video of Nova's that where those bragging right titles come in. Or possibly gorgeous looking transmutes or mounts that look awesome and can show you did hard work to get them. That's one of things that WOW actually does well. They make difficulty challenge stuff give cool looking stuff not necessarily stuff that raises power. Not a way for people who don't need this extra gear who are already close to max ilevel to get more things they don't need. They want the rewards to not be Bound so they can auction them off since they won't need them. To sell to those people who do at sometimes exorbitant prices. Make Reaper Challenge about bragging rights not getting highest level gear.

If your complaints are about RTQ...then take them to a different thread.

About the rewards for Reaper's Challenge, I do agree with you that the rewards should be bound, we really don't need to cause more inflation. But bragging rights won't keep endgamers to continue to log in, which is something that is plaguing NW. There simply isn't enough reward and content to keep people interested, and this is something that will help (though not solve). We simply can't afford to not have content for high item level players.
  • mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    > @milehighxr#1299 said:
    > I for one have no interest in this event at this time. A few reasons:
    >
    > 1 Rewards, they are very lackluster for me, and I still have several toons that need gear, and mounts and comps, but to spend 30 days to get one leggy mount, or one leggy comp, even if account wide unlock, is too high a price IMHO. I personally don't give a rats rear end about titles, transmutes or any other "intangible" just for bragging rights trash. I want something useful, weapon enchants, greater shards, mythic collars, insignia powder, mythic collars. Things I can't get fast by farming ad. I expect something that is going to be this challenging to get me a mythic insignia, in less time than I can farm ad to just buy it. I also will say this again as I have said many times before: All drops from all content should be 100% UNBOUND on pick up, and then when equipped ACCOUNT BOUND at worst. I loved the fact that within 2 weeks of TOMM being released I could get at least 2-3 decent rings for a few AD. I still have not been able to do even one TOMM completion. Those of us that can't get into content like TOMM, or MZ, or HC VOS, would like a way to get this stuff. Also the RNG needs to be way better, I get tired of constantly grinding content, such as bounties in New Sharandar, and never getting even 1 epic comp piece. I also really liked ho we used to be able to buy weapons form the trade bar store, even if they were 2 mods old. It helped my alts out immensely.
    >
    > 2 Echoes has turned out to be pretty much trash so far. Rewards renegged on, and content surpremely boring, The only redeeming quality is that the currency is account wide. So I can do it on my best dps, and claim the rewards on all my other toons. I think it was a terrible idea to go back and claim that the reroll tokens and coal wards weren't supposed to be account wide unlocks.
    >
    > 3 Disconnects, redirects, the game plain just not functioning. The last 2 days on console I have barely been able to log in to do invocations on my toons, let alone to be able to play for any amount of time. If this kind of stuff keeps on happening, I see this new challenge being terrible....

Wait, what? It sounds as if you have been playing a long time, but then it doesn't. If you have been playing a long time, why can't you get into HCVOS? Its exactly the same as normL VoS except you can't die. But if you are having trouble avoiding deaths, it sounds as if your IL is too low and maybe free legendary mounts would help you raise your IL and avoid deaths. This new event gives us a free legendary mount for doing content we already do. You don't want free legendary mounts to> @milehighxr#1299 said:
    >
    > 1 Rewards, they are very lackluster for me, and I still have several toons that need gear, and mounts and comps, but to spend 30 days to get one leggy mount, or one leggy comp, even if account wide unlock, is too high a price IMHO. I personally don't give a rats rear end about titles, transmutes or any other "intangible" just for bragging rights trash. I want something useful, weapon enchants, greater shards, mythic collars, insignia powder, mythic collars. Things I can't get fast by farming ad. I expect something that is going to be this challenging to get me a mythic insignia, in less time than I can farm ad to just buy it. I also will say this again as I have said many times before: All drops from all content should be 100% UNBOUND on pick up, and then when equipped ACCOUNT BOUND at worst. I loved the fact that within 2 weeks of TOMM being released I could get at least 2-3 decent rings for a few AD. I still have not been able to do even one TOMM completion. Those of us that can't get into content like TOMM, or MZ, or HC VOS, would like a way to get this stuff. Also the RNG needs to be way better, I get tired of constantly grinding content, such as bounties in New Sharandar, and never getting even 1 epic comp piece. I also really liked ho we used to be able to buy weapons form the trade bar store, even if they were 2 mods old. It helped my alts out immensely.
    >
    > 2 Echoes has turned out to be pretty much trash so far. Rewards renegged on, and content surpremely boring, The only redeeming quality is that the currency is account wide. So I can do it on my best dps, and claim the rewards on all my other toons. I think it was a terrible idea to go back and claim that the reroll tokens and coal wards weren't supposed to be account wide unlocks.
    >
    > 3 Disconnects, redirects, the game plain just not functioning. The last 2 days on console I have barely been able to log in to do invocations on my toons, let alone to be able to play for any amount of time. If this kind of stuff keeps on happening, I see this new challenge being terrible....

Wait, are you trolling? If so, well played!

But I suspect you aren't which raises many concerns. You've been playing since ToMM came out and haven't been able to not die in ToM. yet? Thats scary bad gameplay on your part. If you want, I can show you some pointers? Also, whats very concerning is that if you have been playing since ToMM came out and still haven't done a ToMM or a much, much easier deathless VoS yet, you are severely under geared and you're complaining about free legendary stuff? That doesn't resonate well. But you made many good points. The newer players, which we need, can use all the help we can give them and making the loot unbound would give them another opportunity to build wealth so they can improve their builds.
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    nova#2306 said:

You honestly cannot be serious..

You do know that if you do your RADQ or RTQ everyday for lets say 30 days that's around 3Mil AD
    or you could save that 3Mil AD wait and put it in the ADX and use the 30 Reapers Marks to get an account wide mount/companion.. but that's "lackluster" ? lol

THIS is what I mean by certain types of players too lazy to even do 1 dungeon a day, and they want things handed out to them. "is too high a price"
    You say you want something useful, and out of all the rewards there, they are all useful for types of players from fresh 30k - 50k item level players.

You do realize that there's no content currently in the game right now that requires you to have mythic collars, let alone mythic insignias? - btw you typed mythic collars twice, so I'm sure you typed this with some sort of rage..

Drops being unbound so you can what? ... sell it on the AH for what AD? but didn't you just make the statement assumption that the 30 days it takes to get the most expensive is too high and you can probably get it in less time? So what are you arguing about?

Reapers Challenge is there to help you build your toons without the need of having to go through a middle man (AH or trade with player) to get what you want, but you want to bring that back so you can make AD?.. seriously?

Do you even know the mechanics to tomm? Can you name the first 5 mechanics of that Trial?
    Lots of players say they "cant get into" this or that when most of them don't even know the mechanics and prefer to get carried by others.

Why use trade bars when you can just do the intro quest in some areas to get weapons? (undermount, barovia, maps in avernus) [unless they changed them]

RNG is RNG it's an MMO RPG it's embedded in the code

I think it's always hard to balance these systems for all different types of players. I agree the Reaper's Challenge is a great complementary tool, but there's also a world in which new players look at Mounts, Companion, Gear, and whatnot and feel that the amount of days they have to spend doing the Reaper's Challenge to get anywhere is simply too high.

Plus doing RADQ and RTQ is BORING as hell. I can rarely get myself to do them more than twice per week. And then I often just queue with a tank to get the role bonus and if the dungeon/skirmish/trial is one of the harder or longer ones in the list I just leave and try again in 30 minutes. Most grinds are bad by design because they take away choices from players, which make them feel worse than they are. Neverwinter does such a bad job at rewarding time spent in the game unless you do very specific activities. There are many sessions lasting three hours in which you do stuff that you enjoy but walk away with very little rewards.

I sometimes have to think back many years ago. Not sure what iteration of the daily dungeon system is was, but at some point we got ADs for the first two (?) skirmishes and dungeons we ran. This feels like heaven right now, just running the content you like and get additional rewards in the process. The other solution would be to balance the challenge vs rewards within all those random dungeon systems. Not all content is equally hard, but yields the same rewards. I think TiC and Demogorgon inside the random queues should grant 50% more ADs etc. Then it wouldn't feel like "bad luck" drawing these and the incentive to stay is higher. Reaper's Challenge suffers from the same issue. If you get one token per day I surely will avoid the harder dungeons and modifiers unless I'm getting a fair amount of bonus loot for doing them.

Does that make me lazy? Maybe. But I'm not willing to put in more effort unless the game does a better job of balancing the rewards based on time spent and difficulty.
  • mbunny#5813 mbunny Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    > @milehighxr#1299 said:
    >
    >

The rewards you can get from this can literally be used to obtain pretty much everything you whined about. Granted, I don’t know if you saw they added the legendary shards to the rewards before posting. But, as some have said, you can use trade bars to buy epic insignia to get dust, greater shards to make collars, tokens for mounts/comps upgrading, etc. Legendary shards are around 200k each on PlayStation. Sooo you can get 200k a day just for doing this queue. 30 days to get a legendary ACCOUNT comp/mount is not bad. Mythic items in this game are highest status. You cannot expect to get them right away. Oh btw, you do not need mythic collars or insignia to complete Tomm, MZC, or hcvos.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    nova#2306 said:

I for one have no interest in this event at this time. A few reasons:

1 Rewards, they are very lackluster for me, and I still have several toons that need gear, and mounts and comps, but to spend 30 days to get one leggy mount, or one leggy comp, even if account wide unlock, is too high a price IMHO. I personally don't give a rats rear end about titles, transmutes or any other "intangible" just for bragging rights trash. I want something useful, weapon enchants, greater shards, mythic collars, insignia powder, mythic collars. Things I can't get fast by farming ad. I expect something that is going to be this challenging to get me a mythic insignia, in less time than I can farm ad to just buy it. I also will say this again as I have said many times before: All drops from all content should be 100% UNBOUND on pick up, and then when equipped ACCOUNT BOUND at worst. I loved the fact that within 2 weeks of TOMM being released I could get at least 2-3 decent rings for a few AD. I still have not been able to do even one TOMM completion. Those of us that can't get into content like TOMM, or MZ, or HC VOS, would like a way to get this stuff. Also the RNG needs to be way better, I get tired of constantly grinding content, such as bounties in New Sharandar, and never getting even 1 epic comp piece. I also really liked ho we used to be able to buy weapons form the trade bar store, even if they were 2 mods old. It helped my alts out immensely.

You honestly cannot be serious..

You do know that if you do your RADQ or RTQ everyday for lets say 30 days that's around 3Mil AD
    or you could save that 3Mil AD wait and put it in the ADX and use the 30 Reapers Marks to get an account wide mount/companion.. but that's "lackluster" ? lol

THIS is what I mean by certain types of players too lazy to even do 1 dungeon a day, and they want things handed out to them. "is too high a price"
    You say you want something useful, and out of all the rewards there, they are all useful for types of players from fresh 30k - 50k item level players.

You do realize that there's no content currently in the game right now that requires you to have mythic collars, let alone mythic insignias? - btw you typed mythic collars twice, so I'm sure you typed this with some sort of rage..

Drops being unbound so you can what? ... sell it on the AH for what AD? but didn't you just make the statement assumption that the 30 days it takes to get the most expensive is too high and you can probably get it in less time? So what are you arguing about?

Reapers Challenge is there to help you build your toons without the need of having to go through a middle man (AH or trade with player) to get what you want, but you want to bring that back so you can make AD?.. seriously?

Do you even know the mechanics to tomm? Can you name the first 5 mechanics of that Trial?
    Lots of players say they "cant get into" this or that when most of them don't even know the mechanics and prefer to get carried by others.

Why use trade bars when you can just do the intro quest in some areas to get weapons? (undermount, barovia, maps in avernus) [unless they changed them]

RNG is RNG it's an MMO RPG it's embedded in the code

Serious as a heart attack. I have 10 mythic mounts on 5 of 8 toons, 3 of those toons are essentially banks, and they have 6 or 7 mythic mounts. I get mount upgrade tokens like candy from lock boxes, or buy them when on sale in trade bar store. Running random qs gets me enough ad every 25 days or less to buy the next mythic mount if I so choose. I don't run the random qs much anymore because I'm tired of stupid rewards I find useless. Visage of I can't remember name now, some kind of helmet, that might make good transmute- for someone else. But it drops BTC, so I can't sell it/trade it for something I want. I don't care about transmutes/fashion/vanity pets. If I could sell/trade all of that stuff I would.

I don't prefer to be carried by others. I couldn't even name the mechs in LOMM, or VOS, but I've done both plenty, and I'm more than willing to learn when someone takes the time to show me, or let me learn. Would like to do more VOS though, but most of my guild/ally is done with it, or has moved onto HC. As to TOMM, by the time I was ready to even do practice runs they weren't happening very often, or coincided with other activities that are more important than a game. I do work for a living, 41-42hrs/week no less, and have other hobbies, as well as a wife, kids and dogs that enjoy spending time with me for some reason. Here it is 2 yrs after TOMM came out, and 99% of the folks in my guild/ally aren't running it anymore. Kind hard to get 10 people to do something so one guy can get a completion, let alone take the time to train him up on it.

Yer right, there is no content that requires mythic collars/insignias, but that is the next thing I need, not transmutes, not old weapons, not leggy mounts, not comp/mount upgrade tokens. So for me personally, yes lackluster rewards. If it was mythic mount after 15 days, sign me up. That's faster than I can do it on AH/q farming. Heck make it 10 days, or let us earn as many currency as we want per day, I generally only have 1 day that I can spend the whole day in game, and the rest of the week is just enough time for randos, or invocations. Putting together a group of 5 to run harder content, I don't have time for that, I can't even find enough friends for HC VOS.

So maybe, what I'm really arguing against is more hard content that requires a group. That is what kills me more than anything else in this game, finding groups for the hard stuff. I'm not the worst in the game, but I sure as heck have never ever claimed to be the greatest, I know there's always someone better than I am out there.

As for raging out, no. Rambling, maybe. Am I going senile in my old age, oh definitely. What were we arguing about again LOL

> @milehighxr#1299 said:
    > Yer right, there is no content that requires mythic collars/insignias, but that is the next thing I need, not transmutes, not old weapons, not leggy mounts, not comp/mount upgrade tokens. So for me personally, yes lackluster rewards. If it was mythic mount after 15 days, sign me up. That's faster than I can do it on AH/q farming. Heck make it 10 days, or let us earn as many currency as we want per day, I generally only have 1 day that I can spend the whole day in game, and the rest of the week is just enough time for randos, or invocations. Putting together a group of 5 to run harder content, I don't have time for that, I can't even find enough friends for HC VOS.
    >
    > So maybe, what I'm really arguing against is more hard content that requires a group. That is what kills me more than anything else in this game, finding groups for the hard stuff. I'm not the worst in the game, but I sure as heck have never ever claimed to be the greatest, I know there's always someone better than I am out there.
    >

I feel like you have either ignored what everyone who has replied to you has said or have missed the whole point of this challenge. Again, the rewards can literally be used to make mythic collars and insignia. They are not giving you these rewards to just sell in AH. You don’t have time for 5 man group content? Sorry, but that it is a main part of this game. Legendary not good enough for you, you want mythic in 15 days? Lol. Use the mount tokens to get your mythic mount. This event is not supposed to contribute to your ah flipping. It’s supposed to be another way for players to get items to help equip toons. You don’t need? Then don’t do.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User

> @milehighxr#1299 said:
    > Yer right, there is no content that requires mythic collars/insignias, but that is the next thing I need, not transmutes, not old weapons, not leggy mounts, not comp/mount upgrade tokens. So for me personally, yes lackluster rewards. If it was mythic mount after 15 days, sign me up. That's faster than I can do it on AH/q farming. Heck make it 10 days, or let us earn as many currency as we want per day, I generally only have 1 day that I can spend the whole day in game, and the rest of the week is just enough time for randos, or invocations. Putting together a group of 5 to run harder content, I don't have time for that, I can't even find enough friends for HC VOS.
    >
    > So maybe, what I'm really arguing against is more hard content that requires a group. That is what kills me more than anything else in this game, finding groups for the hard stuff. I'm not the worst in the game, but I sure as heck have never ever claimed to be the greatest, I know there's always someone better than I am out there.
    >

I feel like you have either ignored what everyone who has replied to you has said or have missed the whole point of this challenge. Again, the rewards can literally be used to make mythic collars and insignia. They are not giving you these rewards to just sell in AH. You don’t have time for 5 man group content? Sorry, but that it is a main part of this game. Legendary not good enough for you, you want mythic in 15 days? Lol. Use the mount tokens to get your mythic mount. This event is not supposed to contribute to your ah flipping. It’s supposed to be another way for players to get items to help equip toons. You don’t need? Then don’t do.

Interesting.
    How can these rewards from the shop would help him upgrade his insignia or collar to mythic rank?
    Maybe you mean trade bars he can use to buy a purple insignia? Okay, let's count. . .
    It takes four challenges (days) to buy one purple insignia.
    Purple one gives us 50 powder, so we need 50 of them to make a mythical insignia and 75 for the collar.
    To sum up: one mythical insignia will cost you 200 days of daily challenges, while a collar will cost you 300 days.
    I wish you good luck in getting 15 insignias and 5 mythical collars that way.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
    > @mushellka said:
    > Interesting.
    > How can these rewards from the shop would help him upgrade his insignia or collar to mythic rank?
    > Maybe you mean trade bars he can use to buy a purple insignia? Okay, let's count. . .
    > It takes four challenges (days) to buy one purple insignia.
    > Purple one gives us 50 powder, so we need 50 of them to make a mythical insignia and 75 for the collar.
    > To sum up: one mythical insignia will cost you 200 days of daily challenges, while a collar will cost you 300 days.
    > I wish you good luck in getting 15 insignias and 5 mythical collars that way.

Well I would hope he’s not just relying on the items from this challenge to get everything he needs for upgrades. This is a bonus event that I wish they would’ve rolled out a long time ago. Mythic is the highest level you can get in the game currently. People really expect to get these in 15 days? Mythical collars are around 35mil on PlayStation (last time I looked). Again, mythics aren’t even needed to complete any of the content in the game currently.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    Well, I was just pointing out an obvious untruth in your statement. The challenge does NOT help in any way to improve the insignia and collar.
    We just asked for the powder to be added. But apparently, if you don't need it, no one else should get it either.

Also, vos rings are not required to complete any content in the game. And yet you probably have them.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
    > @mushellka said:
    > Well, I was just pointing out an obvious untruth in your statement. The challenge does NOT help in any way to improve the insignia and collar.
    > We just asked for the powder to be added. But apparently, if you don't need it, no one else should get it either.
    >
    > Also, vos rings are not required to complete any content in the game. And yet you probably have them.

How does it “not help in any way”? Do you not know what’s used to upgrade collars? There is an epic collar choice pack and legendary shards in that reward store. And yes I have vos rings because I play the game and run content. You literally get them from completing the dungeon, your comment makes no sense.
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Now this has gone live, and I’ve had a chance to complete and fail a few different Reaper’s, I think I can sum up my feeling. It’s like having the brutal 1-shot mechanics of Mod 15, but not having the capabilities of my Mod 15 toon who could handle it.

For me [cleric heals] there really isn’t any enjoyment in running the challenge. Also, the fact deaths don’t show on the leaderboard feels intentional to keep from further discouraging the already beaten down group.

The rewards are reasonable for difficult content. However, this, in its current form, is not worth my time and aggravation.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Lets put it short
    I play in a pretty good alliance, i did this challenge once, the one in Chult skirmish, not going again
    never seen my alliance forming a team for it, everyone look at those rewards and say is not FUN or worth the time/effort...

Not saying you should remove it, just saying that you should put some visual thing, like a unique mount skin, or unique enchant color, maybe a special skin companion

The Wing mount from Citadel event is perfect event, theres a similar one from Zen store but only the top players on that event have that wing...

That would give the guys with the will for it something to show off...
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Fangbreaking Island was the only OK one
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    The 1 shot definitely needs to be fixed. This does not only happen in Reaper, in VoS on Maze's part there are always these.
  • kors#9447 kors Member Posts: 110 Arc User

I actually think higher tier contents were more "balanced" than others (bugs and features a part).

Skirmishes were.... awful. Full of bugs, unbalanced damage from enemies, invisible AoE, not working stuff, etc etc.
    Everything predictable but that has been brought up even more by IL increase for the RC.

Basically all contents need fixes. Some heavier than others, but I also believe they will never receive any fix. This make the randomization of RC challenges not doable and some contents may be really, really, really painful to deal with.
    Because of the bugs and not working as intended stuff.
  • kors#9447 kors Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    kors#9447 said:

I actually think higher tier contents were more "balanced" than others (bugs and features a part).

Referring to ToNG and CR (latter one which is a bugfest too).
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    T9 , CR , Shores and prince Folly need some work for reapers . Mobs either need thinning or damage reduction in prince folly . Dread ring same .
    AOE in shores should help if it’s visible .
    Ghosts in T9 need hp reduction.
    Also prophecy of madness was a little too much damage from mobs
    Malabog was fine today .
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User

Except the manticore roar that from full health kills everyone except the tank, who gets left with a sliver of health as a sole survivor. Mandatory and unavoidable "now all die" is a flawed mechanics - and in this case will mean a permanent stop for any party if the FBI is rolled with "no revives" option.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    rikitaki said:

Except the manticore roar that from full health kills everyone except the tank, who gets left with a sliver of health as a sole survivor. Mandatory and unavoidable "now all die" is a flawed mechanics - and in this case will mean a permanent stop for any party if the FBI is rolled with "no revives" option.
    Well that wasnt my case, but maybe we had more Il than the average. Still agree that was too much dmg.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Healer in my group had 810k hp =/ survived first roar, died to others. All dps died to rest, highest hp was 740k. Honestly don't know what more we could do with both arti and mount powers being blocked.