test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Masterwork professions

WTF? You make changes and you take masterwork away from people who already worked masterwork stuff? All of that money and time spent just gone? There better be a fix coming to restore it to people who had it prior to the moronic change made.

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Aside from Guild deco (which I assume will be completely reworked when they have their Guild Rework anyways), what was so important to have from the deleted mastercrafts? I would rather they had better compensation for the recipes than supplements, but please don't readd it. For the most part, what they deleted was just stepping stones to get to the Chultan Masterworks and soon the Sharandar Masterworks.
  • shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    So if i get this right, they deleted outdated "endgame" crafts to make room for new "endgame" crafts with better stats, that would sell even higher on the AH?
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    Be careful what you ask for, you might get it ;)
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    shugensha said:

So if i get this right, they deleted outdated "endgame" crafts to make room for new "endgame" crafts with better stats, that would sell even higher on the AH?

Keep in mind that the stuff they got rid of was 10+ mods old, and while doing so, lowered the barrier of entry to get into useful Mastercrafting.
  • shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    So they make it more accessible for everyone to start mastercrafting? I may be understanding this wrong tho.
    I used to do crafts back in the day (before chult) only for transmutes and tried to get into mastercrafts but after a couple of quests i realized how much of a time and AD i would need to put. Since i was "new" i needed to choose either put all my time and AD into crafts or gear myself, so i choosed gear. So a less "challenging" goal for crafts sounds good, and i feel it would make the reamaining craft resurces (and new ones) have a good flow of movement.
    Other than the pain and insulted the "old" mastercraft ppl feel, i think now it cost way less AD to reach there and to craft.

Again, i might understading this wrong or not at all.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    I am a person who insisted not to spend any AD to do Mastercraft. So, I did it slower and gathering/crafting stuff my way. I have 2 characters has Masterwork I to III in all profession and "Chultan" in some profession. That is where I hit the road block. Since I did my "experiment" slowly, Masterwork does not earn me anything useful and I did not spend AD anyway.
    With this new change, I will have to spend AD to go forward. At this moment, I am not sure this change is good for me or bad for me. It went against my "principal" of this experiment though as I wanted to see if I can do that without spending any AD.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    the could simply rework the recipies and introduce a new function to focus,

like:
    - base focus value for that item give chance to +1 version of that item(+100 item level or +1% value),
    - 2xbase focus value chance to a +2 version of that item(+200 item level or +2% value),
    - 3xbase focus value chance of a +3 version of the item(+300 item level or +3% value),
    - 4xbase focus value chance of a +4 version of the item(+400 item level or +4% value),
    - 5xbase focus value chance of a +5 version of the item(+500 item level or +5% value)

they could also have old modules hunt gear have its quality change to green quality and offer chance to craft upgrades to those specific items with mastercraft recipies were they need the hunt poster/bait + mastercraft resources to craft the upgraded versions