test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Masquerade of liars event feedback

Here's some feedback on the masquerade of liars event.

1. It's the same thing every year

If you've done the event once there is barely any incentive to participate in it again. The only thing new we got this year is a new vanity pet and a new faction with a new costume that we can get after the event ended. It would be great if there were new companions or mounts every year similar to the winter or summer events.

2. It's a dumb grind and there is almost no incentive to actually do the quests

The most efficient way to farm the masquerade tokens is to run around PE all day and collect the liar's charm from the pumpkins to trade for the bags that contain 2-3 tokens. If you do the quests for your faction the reward is only 1 bag with the same 2-3 token. There is no reason to do the quests. Maybe if you really want to help your faction and get the free costume reward but that's it. In my opinion the quests should reward more token or bags.

3. The reset time for spectral tricksters is very high

In Mantol-Derith and Caer-Konig you can talk to all tricksters and not complete your quest. That way you have to wait until new tricksters spawn or until the old ones reset. I would let the tricksters switch out faster so that you don't really have to wait in an area for new ones to spawn.

4. The empowered illusionists mask needs an update

It still has a low item level compared to new artifacts and isn't part of a set. Also the active isn't that good.

5. The pinatas still have a 2 minute cooldown

In my opinion the cooldown should be removed. It doesn't add anything of value. It only makes it that players have to spend hours to open all their pinatas to get the witch's sash or to get the event food items.

6. Having to wear the faction mask to complete the trick or treat quests is a really odd mechanic nowadays

Before the appearance rework it made sense that you have to wear a mask. You actually looked like part of a faction when putting it on and it fits with the halloween trick or treat theme of the quests. Ever since the rework you look the same if you put on the mask. A good solution would be to get rid of the mask and instead give the players a temporary belt item similar to the rewards from the event that transforms their appearance.

7. There are still old bugs from years ago

Mainly the bug where you can open a pumpkin and not get the liar's charm even if the message appears that you got a charm.

8. The cost of some of the rewards is really high

A cost of 600 token for a green companion means that you have to open 200-300 bags. To get them you have to run around PE for a long time (See 2.)

9. The only way to get event food from this event is with pinatas

It would be great if the event food that drops from the pinatas was also added to the event shop. That gives players who have all of the other rewards something useful to spend the tokens on rather than some joke potions.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User
    In general, 1,2, 7 apply to almost all event.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I usually switch instances in Mantol Derith and just find fresh ones if I can't do it in the first instance.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    One slight problem with changing instances in Mantol Derith on PC, since the event started I have only ever seen 1open instance, same with Caer Konig.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    There are a lot of illusionists tucked away in alleys in Caer Konig. It hasn't been a problem but Mantol Derith is really bad.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    I haven't had an issue with it in Mantol Derith, every time I go there there's been at least two instances, every year I do it. Caer Conig on the other hand I usually see only one. I must just be lucky with Mantol Derith I guess. That's the only instance I have ever had a problem with running-out of them too. They always seem to bump me more often there than anywhere else.
  • tommynocker001tommynocker001 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Sybella Artis store only accepts The reapers Mark! What happened to her regular stock?
    Her currency is not on the obsolete list so have I lost my coins with her or did somebody mess up?

She is a seer... so did she forsee her own demise?
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Witch sash drop rate is also terrible. I'm 50+ pinata's in without a drop :(
    reg1981 said:

Witch sash drop rate is also terrible. I'm 50+ pinata's in without a drop :(

I have never ever ever ever seen a sash from a pinata, I've done the event over a few years. I've heard people in PE zone chat in the past say they have received one this way, but I've never seen one. Last year I bought the sash after the event ended and saved it for a year, and was able to make the broom this year using that. The drop rate for the sash is abysmal.
    I'm pmsl right now. I am waiting for reset and had a few bags, one of them gave me a sash, too effing funny.
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    For the most part I got all my sashs right away (5x) and on some of them multiple times because in previous years I discarded it on the basis that it was something I would never finish.

Basically 2 years for me because I did not take an interest until the end of the event last year when I finally got around to emptying out my inventory of the event stuff. five of them ended up with almost all the bristles and at least 2 got the sash so I decided I would keep everything and try for it this year.

Oddly enough though, I still do not have a broom because none of them have the campaign currency to make the purchase but they do currently have everything else.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User

I'm pmsl right now. I am waiting for reset and had a few bags, one of them gave me a sash, too effing funny.

I said that many times. The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***