test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

End Game Weapons and Gear,"'The elite Few"

I have only been in game for 3 years now. I have noticed that end game awards such as the Lionheat and the set from Zariel Master Challenge, are avalible to a very elite few. Its slmost impossible to get into the groups for these items unless you have experience. There lays the challange, getting into the groups to get experience but you must have experience to get into the groups to get these items. When a weapon as good as Lion Heart, could be farmed solo, (Mirage Set), It was quickly and again silently nerfed. Was it because those that had Lion Heart weapons complaineed that it was on par with their damage output? We dont know. But i ask a question , to make it fair to players, should there be sets and gear that can be aquired through random q's that are on par with the Lion Heart and Zariel Master Challange set? Or should TOMM and ZMC be made into only pulblic q's. In the current system getting experience for TOMM and ZMC is not easy. You must know someone who knows someone to try to get into these groups. Maybe trying to make then end game content public q only would be fair to all players . Of course there would need to be requirements such as item level or a quest to be completed to get access to these q's. Just something to think about.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Join a guild. Make "friends". Some guilds have training sessions. Go in in private party. Find 4 other people in game and do it together, fail together, learn together, ....
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    ToMM and ZC are very doable, you just need to put in the time to learn the mechanics and make friends to help each other get there. Aside from that though, soon Masterwork will be getting their Sharandar updates and you will be able to just buy a weapon set with a good bonus and high item level.
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    Wouldn’t this suggestion make training a group for the most difficult content and getting the rewards for completing the most difficult content a waste of time?
    Elite Whaleboy
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    wilbur626 said:

Wouldn’t this suggestion make training a group for the most difficult content and getting the rewards for completing the most difficult content a waste of time?

Does playing the game waste of time anyway? The purpose of entertainment for many is about wasting time.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    > @plasticbat said:
    > Does playing the game waste of time anyway? The purpose of entertainment for many is about wasting time.

I understand the basics of entertainment.
    Wouldn’t rendering the rewards for completing “end game”content worthless by making them on par with what a player can get from solo play make it even harder to find groups for said content?
    OP also seems to forget that you can already get very nice weapon sets without entering the end game trials, just craft them.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    May as well just stick the weapons in the zen shop and be done with it.

Wouldn't remotely surprise me seeing how they silently slipped watcher's in. Test run?
    ukspawn said:

May as well just stick the weapons in the zen shop and be done with it.

Wouldn't remotely surprise me seeing how they silently slipped watcher's in. Test run?

They had weapons in the Zen shop before, back in Mod 12.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    As someone whose done enough tomm to gear 30+ alts if I wanted to, I don't see a problem with other gear being as good as it. Its been around now several mods, it should be even tradable to others who desire the set but can't bother with the trial. New gear is coming out for the casual players and hardcore crafters and likely following a new trial that'll put tomm/zariel sets to shame.

I still see a good 80% of dps I run demo with running mirage set, I never bothered with it, so seems people still see it as a good alternative. For tanks there are a lot of set options to fit the situation and play style, which is nice. For healers, they have a few minor options but nothing amazing.
  • shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Imo, those weapons ain't worth it. MW set it's far better and if the Sharandar MW have a new set, might be even better. I feel a constant buff is far better than "when your stamina is...." or "when you use... for 15-30 seconds..." or "every 30 seconds...".
    Or maybe i just preffer gear that can buff the team rather than just me.
    And just to make it clear, i do not own Lion, Zariel nor MW sets atm. Just saving AD (slowly) to get a MW in the future.

The trials are there, you can either try to find experienced players to carry you while you learn or get inexperienced ones and learn togheter.
    Just go to PE and put something like "LF inexperienced TOMM players that want to learn togheter" and boom. If ppl really want to learn it you will get answers, and maybe a experienced player or two will pop up too to help.

The gear that doesn't required you to buy it with money or millions of AD in the AH, it's there for everyone. Might be hard, might take time, but it's there, for free, for everyone.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

Its slmost impossible to get into the groups for these items unless you have experience. There lays the challange, getting into the groups to get experience but you must have experience to get into the groups to get these items.

I just have to ask, when the content was released, it was hard and no one had those weapons, how people completed it? There were no experienced people.
    greywynd said:

Not exactly true. There were people that spent their time when it was on preview learning it before it was dropped on live.

Those people also started as inexperienced, even more so as the fight would constantly change.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Yes, but that gave them an advantage when it went live. And I wouldn't be surprised to find out they are part of the crowd in PE running content "experienced only".
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    > @greywynd said:
    > Yes, but that gave them an advantage when it went live. And I wouldn't be surprised to find out they are part of the crowd in PE running content "experienced only".
    That’s not the point of @micky1p00 post though. Everyone starts out as inexperienced and has to learn via trial and error.

As far as your second comment goes, why wouldn’t they just use the same team they had on preview or recruit from their own guild? No the people asking for experience on day one are looking to be carried.
    greywynd said:

Not exactly true. There were people that spent their time when it was on preview learning it before it was dropped on live.

What difference does it make? Changing servers makes you experienced?
    greywynd said:

Yes, but that gave them an advantage when it went live. And I wouldn't be surprised to find out they are part of the crowd in PE running content "experienced only".

1. Preview is open to everyone, there is no inherit advantage over anyone else.
    2. There is no advantage in the context of gaining weapons in doing it earlier. Only later.
    3. Actually, the people who ran in PE and ask for experienced are not those who did on Preview.
    Actually, preview gives a big advantage and bigger if it's about content. Let's say in live you have 100 scrolls of life and a 500 charges of stones. You send it to preview two times and pass them from one to another, now you have 200 free scrolls and 1000 charges of stones to burn for FREE while learning the new content with NOTHING to lose.

No advantage on gaining a weapon earlier? Are we still talking about preview? If yes, then again there is advantage on it.
    While getting it before it's launched, and upgrading it FOR FREE, cuz you sended toons with resources and shared them to one toon, you level the weapons and test it. AD lost testing? None. Experienced gained? A LOT.
    Other than that, you can only rely on what other ppl say or just make a gamble with your resources and AD.

I feel the preview ones already have 2 or more copies of the weapons for every single toon they have. The ones on PE (imo) are mostly ppl with "dead" guilds or guild/alliance members that are either too low or just don't need to grind it anymore so they are grinding "new" content.

TL;DR: Preview is a big advantage that anyone can use (on pc at least) but only a small few use.

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

2. There is no advantage in the context of gaining weapons in doing it earlier. Only later.
    3. Actually, the people who ran in PE and ask for experienced are not those who did on Preview.

Not everyone plays on preview, because, in the long run, as far as progression goes for the characters, it doesn't mean squat.

As far as your third point, I doubt it. I remember the old days in the Well; "characters like X don't need Tiamat!" Which is an attitude that carried over to new trials, new dungeons, etc. Which is a lot like the current calls for XP only.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited October 2021
    greywynd said:

micky1p00 said:

Not everyone plays on preview, because, in the long run, as far as progression goes for the characters, it doesn't mean squat.

As far as your third point, I doubt it. I remember the old days in the Well; "characters like X don't need Tiamat!" Which is an attitude that carried over to new trials, new dungeons, etc. Which is a lot like the current calls for XP only.
    Well, It's a choice, if people choose to or not to it's up to them, but one choosing not to can't claim that those that chose have some advantage they do not.

I know who did training runs on preview and who was asking for experienced people on the first week they are not even close to the same - funny thing the main person who did ask for experienced/finished people thought that the transition from phase one to the actual trial was the end, not knowing that it's just the beginning - later they tried to sell runs (weapons) while not accepting people without weapon to the groups - hence creating demand for their own sells tactics.

Calls like that are not related to content but to people, this is why people form guilds, to chose whom to play with, and not encounter such things. Haven't encountered it in my groups in old Tiamat (and never grouped via the well), nor ever since.
    Post edited by micky1p00 on
    shugensha said:

Actually, preview gives a big advantage and bigger if it's about content. Let's say in live you have 100 scrolls of life and a 500 charges of stones. You send it to preview two times and pass them from one to another, now you have 200 free scrolls and 1000 charges of stones to burn for FREE while learning the new content with NOTHING to lose.

No advantage on gaining a weapon earlier? Are we still talking about preview? If yes, then again there is advantage on it.
    While getting it before it's launched, and upgrading it FOR FREE, cuz you sended toons with resources and shared them to one toon, you level the weapons and test it. AD lost testing? None. Experienced gained? A LOT.
    Other than that, you can only rely on what other ppl say or just make a gamble with your resources and AD.

I feel the preview ones already have 2 or more copies of the weapons for every single toon they have. The ones on PE (imo) are mostly ppl with "dead" guilds or guild/alliance members that are either too low or just don't need to grind it anymore so they are grinding "new" content.

TL;DR: Preview is a big advantage that anyone can use (on pc at least) but only a small few use.

Yes, but the point is that, it's available to everyone equality. It's not some advantage one group has and another do not. It's just a choice to use something or not.
    I understand your point, and as you said it's a choice to use. And the group that trained there the new trials, are smarter (or at least have more free time) and used it to their advantage in live.
    Same happened when the trial (tomm) went to console, i remember reading a post about a complain that X person had a pc player explaining them how to beat the trial in an event that rewarded the first group to complete it. By that time, there were a lot of videos explaining the mechanics and streamers doing it.
    You can choose to ignore it and enjoy the surprise of discovery or you can inform yourself and use that advantage to increase your success.

Now, don't get me wrong. I am not saying that the beauty of surprise it's a bad thing, im just saying that we are in a game where you are expected to know the same things as someone that plays since mod 1. Which really really sucks.

• tommynocker001tommynocker001 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Quests should have been overarching in my opinion, weaving back through the main story to the beginning. All weapons should have been brought back to a new area in the Well of Dragons called "The Forge" a place where all the artifacts, weapons and gear could be disassembled and reassembled so that all gear scores became (more or less) equal. Each artifact usually had three gear scores. Splitting an artifact into three parts (a main gear part and two add-ons) would give the ability to customise something for the way you play.

Currently those Lionheart equipment just seem too... out of reach.
    Most of the Lionheart wielders think they can 'solo' many of the dungeons... everybody else just gets shouted at to "Keep up!". :)
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    For most classes and roles, Mirage is likely to do the most damage, but many prefer or seek out the ones mentioned as they have more item level.

Yes, it is difficult to find groups or even other players to practice with, because at the first failure there is always someone who leaves the group (most of the time it is the healer) which causes the group to quickly disintegrate. I understand who leaves, this one has probably watched some tutorial videos and is aware of the mechanics and is offended when other players die for example in the "spread" stage.

In the last few days, when doing RC, I've noticed that many players with 50k don't do the basics, like dodging the red zones or staying in Combat Advantage position (there's an in-game tutorial for this). But what caught my attention the most were the players who didn't know what Companion Enhacement Power was.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User

Quests should have been overarching in my opinion, weaving back through the main story to the beginning. All weapons should have been brought back to a new area in the Well of Dragons called "The Forge" a place where all the artifacts, weapons and gear could be disassembled and reassembled so that all gear scores became (more or less) equal. Each artifact usually had three gear scores. Splitting an artifact into three parts (a main gear part and two add-ons) would give the ability to customise something for the way you play.

Currently those Lionheart equipment just seem too... out of reach.

They could return us the old weapons that were obtained with a lot of sweat and that we had to exclude them due to lack of space or there were better options at the time that practically made us exclude them. I miss my Exhalted Primal, it would be so nice to have her for an aoe build.
    pherrow said:

Without reading this thread fully ima add my take anyways...

I've been playing this game for years and I've done many, many dungeons, grinding and playing my role as best I can. I suppose that's just not enough grind for you then. X)

• pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    > @tommynocker001 said:
    > I've been playing this game for years and I've done many, many dungeons, grinding and playing my role as best I can. I suppose that's just not enough grind for you then. X)

No. The game has specific rewards for the particular grind that you do. If I grind ToMM, I would expect to get that weapon set. Not be gifted the mirage set from cryptic as a participation trophy.
    As I've also spent years grinding dungeons, I've never assumed I should be gifted items from content I don't do. Should I?