test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reaper's and Damage on adds

xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
Reaper's seem to me a great idea... and iam glad we have it now.... but some adjustment are needed.

Today Merchant Prince Folly
"Critical Hit! Raptor Rider deals 151286 (508323) Physical Damage to you with Spear Throw"
"Critical Hit! Ravager deals 128799 (293096) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack" , 1 add 300k base damage now we scale that 10-20 adds at same time, (block gone in less than 1 sec dead on the next all wipe. thats not a challenge... that slaughter.

There no time to tank or heal, if the group is not full control classes like TR (smokebomb) and CW... its even worst.

Some adjustment must be done i would say...

Comments

• rey007#5400 rey007 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    I'm glad I'm not the only who felt this way. I just Tanked this event and the mobs just overwhelmed my Justicar. Even with my shield up the mobs ate my HP like candy. Fun times, lol.
    - Rey

- in umbra igitur pugnabimus!
  • datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    yea haha some ppl thought its a good idea to get a tank in there... even tank cant deal with 20 mobs hitting for 300k each. We managed fine with 4 dps and a heal - only 3 deaths in total.
    But the tank party sinked hard as he was trying to aggro all mob by himself, as you do as a good-boy-tank :D
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    But this has nothing to do with RC - batiri variant is a slaughter already as a normal skirmish. They did not push it over the board just for RC, that is the default setting.
  • xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    rikitaki said:

But this has nothing to do with RC - batiri variant is a slaughter already as a normal skirmish. They did not push it over the board just for RC, that is the default setting.

Today is Throne of Dwarven Gods... there no Batiri's there... same 300k base dmg...
    Not even a boss, this dmg is to high, there 5-10 adds on you with dmg like this... 2 hit bye bye shield 2-4 hit bye bye tank... there 10-15 add... they all atack in the same sec... that 10 hit 1 sec... dead.

[Combat (Self)]Bone Golem deals 318364 (963671) Physical Damage to you with Leaping Smash

• sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Fighter tank, 58.2k il, 88.5% def, 90% aware, 82.5% crit avoid, 1m+hp...still down in 2 seconds if I don't kite/knock down with shield slam. Even then dps has seconds to kill the kited mobs before I'm downed. The boss does nothing for damage though.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I got one-shotted by a brain leaping on me.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Yesterday was the first time i could play RC. It was hard but damn fun. It's called REAPER for a reason.
    As a healer at first i was like "holy HAMSTER, how can i heal this fast!?" but once everyone get the rhythm it was pretty chill.
    I feel the difficulty it's good enough for the rewards in the long run. Just think about it as a really HC Tales with unlimited lifes.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    This whole thing wouldn't be an issue if tanks in these things could be tanks. Love how Noworries pushed for def to be halved, require tanks to have awareness during bosses when there is no way to get CA'd and got rid of fighter's daily that gave us damage reduction, yet he ignores whats happening. Mess things up for tanks, kill off tank population ingame by making bad choices, making tanks irrelevant in most content (People are running tankless VoS and back to solo-ing many dungeons, as I said would happen and he claimed that wouldn't be possible).

• shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    I feel they tried to fix the tank problem with the bard perk that adds 5% dmg reduction per song. They reaaally need to fix them cuz as you said, i've been in content that was completed without a tank in the boss fights (ie tong).
    The main problem of "lf solo tank" it's cuz instead of fixing the classes they just add bosses with more and more HP instead of challenges that requires you two actual teams. And after a while, experienced players will also ask for "solo heal" to rely if there is a heal check.

All skirmish can be done without a tank/heal and half of the trials can be done without them. Heck, i would risk to say that you would need a tank or healer only in content that have tank checks or heal checks. Which are little and most have bad reweards.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited October 2021

This whole thing wouldn't be an issue if tanks in these things could be tanks. Love how Noworries pushed for def to be halved, require tanks to have awareness during bosses when there is no way to get CA'd and got rid of fighter's daily that gave us damage reduction, yet he ignores whats happening. Mess things up for tanks, kill off tank population ingame by making bad choices, making tanks irrelevant in most content (People are running tankless VoS and back to solo-ing many dungeons, as I said would happen and he claimed that wouldn't be possible).

Absolutely this. As many of us predicted, the number of people playing tanks has shrunk dramatically due to the major nerfing of tank survivability.

I was on all day yesterday and all I saw in Alliance Chat was "need tank for VOS" - "need tank for Trial" etc etc. ALL DAY.

Such arrogance in the face of evidence infuriates me.

@noworries#8859
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    My fighter/tank spends all his time lately in DPS mode.

My paladin/tank spends all his time working for Sybella. Or did until she closed up shop.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

This morning our group attempted to finish The Shores of Turen and guess what? Another dungeon which is not consistent with the Q requirements. Our group went through the dungeon fine until we reached the end where the Boss, the AoE/DoT effects, and the mobs ate us alive. We spent the next 45 minutes trying to figure ways to beat it and ultimately the group gave up.

Today's Reaper Q challenge requires 30k IL, no consumables and no reduced recharge speed. I'm a 59k Paladin who has successfully completed ToMM and HC VoS. What am I missing here?

the thing is not even the mechanic works, turen final boss stay close to boss to avoid the fire ball that set ground on fire... boss move for no reason... adds do dmg like hell...

That what we got when there no testing. half the dungeon does normal dmg then adds on final boss hit like the boss... base dmg 300-400k on each add that atack fast and comes on groups.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    you know in mods (1-2-3-5) getting 2 or 3 hit and swarmed by mobs was actually normal default game play difficulty level folks .. then again we actually had extended mob and CC controls in the tool kit to help
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Greetings from Merchant folly xD

If the LvL of difficulty of your dungens is just mobs-one shot everything- then congratz- you are .... :)

Fix all bugs in dungeons at least... becuase players are dying from invisible fire in you new brilliant idea.
  • rey007#5400 rey007 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    > @forumaccount#7167 said:
    > There is no way that someone actually tested the boss fight and said yeah that difficulty is ok and let's set the ilvl requirement to 30k.

This point in particular!
    - Rey

- in umbra igitur pugnabimus!
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    There really is no challenge in most of the reaper Ques. Just straight up horrendous design .
    Who in there right mind spends an hour or more to earn 1 token ? The enemies are buffed , we are weakened, scaled and punished . To add to this , let’s make an invisible AOE that one shots everything.

Ty for making these broken ques . I don’t mind a challenge , but make it fair .
  • ordepmaia2ordepmaia2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Tuern is easy if you know the mechanics of the fight. Just did it with 4 players, two of them with 40k IL (tank and healer). There were a couple wipes, but it was doable.

• olocancom#0595 olocancom Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Knew the strategy but fire on the ground not rendering until after you're dead doesn't help. I couldn't see any 30k team finishing this. Not when the boss crits for over a million. Some groups might get through, some might have fun. But a majority of the player base that qualifies will not be able to finish it. I really like the idea of Reapers and it being a challenge. It provides a good incentive for people to log on everyday. But if they can't complete it in two hours, which is what I'm seeing a lot of, they're gonna stop trying.
  • destrion#3156 destrion Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    > @modlesie said:
    > Greetings from Merchant folly xD
    >
    > If the LvL of difficulty of your dungens is just mobs-one shot everything- then congratz- you are .... :)
    >
    > Fix all bugs in dungeons at least... becuase players are dying from invisible fire in you new brilliant idea.

In Tuern today i saw hits for over 2 mil, gotta love how that attack doesn't even have a red zone
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Main problem in tuern is that invisible aoe... So final result isn't about skill, or mechanics but about luck and repetition. In that case, yes, even 30k ilvl can pass if they have luck to avoid invisible aoe dmg.
  • tamtoucantamtoucan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2021

Tuern is easy if you know the mechanics of the fight. Just did it with 4 players, two of them with 40k IL (tank and healer). There were a couple wipes, but it was doable.

Care to share these mechanics? And how you avoid the invisible fire that the rest of us died from?

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    You stop the invisible fire from being created by hugging the boss. He won't throw the fireballs if they hit him and they are always centered on a player.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    pitshade said:

You stop the invisible fire from being created by hugging the boss. He won't throw the fireballs if they hit him and they are always centered on a player.

All it takes to prevent a mass murder might be a single hug...
  • ordepmaia2ordepmaia2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    tamtoucan said:

Care to share these mechanics? And how you avoid the invisible fire that the rest of us died from?

Tank kites dragons, because if they are alive, boss hits less harder and dps are able tank his hits. Dps and healer fight close to the boss to avoid being targeted by fireballs. While tank is running he must be careful to avoid places where boss have attacked previously and that might have invisible fire. After boss is dead, finish dragons. This should be enough do complete the challenge.
    Re the comments on tanks, I know I'm stating the blinkin' obvious, but tanks are called tanks because they get their name from an actual armored tank which can withstand huge amounts of damage without suffering too much and certainly not dying. Opposite to a glass cannon which shatters like glass when hit but has huge damage like a cannon. As such, a tank should not die in a similar fashion to the other classes or need the same amount of healing and while it's fine to have it programmed to need some healing I guess when under very heavy duress from multiple sources at once, it should survive way and beyond all other classes. It should not die even after being subjected to damage which kills everyone else. It's an effing tank. It does low damage but it's very hard to kill. As a healer I'm seeing many tanks lose health at a comparable rate to everyone else and this is just plain idiotic. Their base resistance at character creation without any boons or buffs should still make them more survivable than they are currently. I suspect pvp moaners had something to do with it.
    Just having a think about it. It could be as easy as significantly raising the HP of tanks (I'm talking an extreme amount) being that HP's are proxy defense. As an example, if an enemy hits someone for 50k damage and that player has a max 100k HP, that one hits does 50% HP damage to them and they're halfway to dead. If the same enemy with the same 50k hit attacks a player with 200k max HP it only does a quarter damage to them overall and is effectively a weaker hit to them. So rather than tinkering with complicated formulas for defense and resistance, it may be viable just to increase tanks base HP to very very high levels, I don't know what that would be but something like 2,500,000. Or whatever, I'm just pulling that out my rear end to make the point. But adding loads of base HP to a tank at character creation would maybe be a simple and effective way to make them more unkillable and take more damage. Heals to tanks from healers could be increased significantly as well to compensate for percentage differences of the heals compared to total HP's of the tank so a heal did what it was supposed to do with so many extra HPs to heal. Also, that way both these 2 things could be turned on and off depending on whether the tank was in PVE or PVP and the tank could be reduced down when dealing with other players making them more in line with each other, if it was the PVP aspect which caused tanks to be nerfed in the first place.
    None is saying its not possible to do, so points like I did it... lurn mechanic, tank kites... are useless comments. The dmg on adds still to high, MPFolly with batiris hiting 300k base and 4-5 groups at same time is stupid. Its that hard to say the dmg is to high for no reason on some place? like group swarm fight where 2-3 hit kill any tank. Invisible fire its not a bug?

"Critical Hit! Raptor Rider deals 151286 (508323) Physical Damage to you with Spear Throw" that 1 hit from 1 add on MP Folly on a tank and a range attack there were 10+ adds all doing this kind of dmg.

Like last RC FBI, Troll's destroy you, the boss hit with a wet noodle. Yes u can Kite as as a tank... but if the tank needs to kite u dont need a tank or u not a tank.

And when it ask for 30k Ilv and 50k+ parties have problems imagine the others, without band of air and ring from vos... and all those goodies. Lets Face it the objective should be help players close the gap tokens, mounts, companions.... what lv 50k + doesnt have all bolsters max?? or 5 collars?