test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled maintenance and Patch Notes: NW.131.20211003a.5

Comments

• forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    In the patch notes it says that the masterwork recipes for chult are supposed to cost 100k AD and the Sharandar recipes are supposed to cost 500k AD. On the live server the cost for the chult recipes is 500k instead of 100k.
  • kingdarien#5736 kingdarien Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Let’s throw this onto the pile too:
    - professions antiquities exchange does not populate ANY of the resources you actually have in your inventory for exchange. All show zero.
  • madmartigan#1315 madmartigan Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    "Stronghold Masterwork recipes will be purchasable for 100,000 Astral Diamonds per book." - these dont exist at all, only chultan masterwork recipes for 500k

"Masterwork tools and Masterwork fashion are now available for purchase at the Stronghold Artisan for 3000 Guild Marks." - try 100k AD, not 3k marks

the guy in chult gave me a quest out of the blue for my armorsmith masterwork? to make a fishing reel? my armorsmith is lvl17 -_-
  • tiltawhirling#1261 tiltawhirling Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Sybella Artis in PE now only has rewards for Reaper marks -- all options for Legacy Campaign purchases are gone.
  • franciscoperolafranciscoperola Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    "The Reaper's Challenge

A new category of queue has been added: The Reaper's Challenge. Each day provides a different queued map, with different modifiers, resulting in a variety of difficulties and experiences. Completing the daily challenge gives a currency which can be spent at the Priest of Myrkul, who has newly arrived to Protector's Enclave. Each challenge can be completed once per day, per account, and the currency can be transferred between characters on the Shared Bank."

They just forgot to say that you need to have 50K of equipment level.
    One more stride into the abyss.
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    I believe the IL required for each daily queue varies from 30K to 50K. Check the queue for the daily requirement
  • bonbonfiendbonbonfiend Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Edit: just noticed I posted this in console bug thread, I’m on PC.

Im having the same issue I had on Preview last week.

I own all of the original Chultan recipe books. This morning before the patch, each profession had Chultan in the recipe list. Listed underneath the Original Chultan recipes, MW 1-2 was listed under Alchemy and Leatherwork, as I’d completed those quest lines.

When logging on to preview last week, all professions had Chultan in the same place EXCEPT Alchemy. Only one MW recipe book, MW 1, was available for trade, that of Alchemy and not one for Leatherwork.

This is occurring on Live now as well, after patch. All professions have the old Chultan recipes that I bought 6 months ago, except for Alchemy. I have one MW 1 recipe book to trade, for a pretty worthless bag of supplements, for Alchemy, but not one for the Leatherwork that I’d also achieved MW 1-2 previous to this patch. Not that I want to trade any of the hard work, time, and AD/gold sink that was spent gaining the original MW 1-2 quest completions for that bag of supplements (which is a complete slap in the face) .

Also got that fishing rod quest in Chult.

The bait and switch on the AD cost is disgusting. Bring quests back as an option if that price is for real and not a ‘bug’.
  • tommy069#5108 tommy069 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    If the new Masterwork is being locked being the gates of high ranking Guild Houses, why are the costs in AD and not Guild Marks?

Asking for a friend... my 7 year pursuit of the practice of Master Crafting ended with the very clear message;

"You are no longer worthy of advancing in this area... Get a better guild... What's that? We just halved the available Dungeoneers Shards to most of your guild members? HAHAHAHA! Look at all those new players who just walked into PE, asked "Needd Gild 20 must hav orl boons" and EARNED their right to that shiny new Master Work... take a leaf out of THEIR book, you slacker!!!"

Thanks. Thanks a lot!

It's almost like the devs are trying to clear out sub Rank 20 Guilds. Are there too many on the server? Is that why when I try to do SOLO HEs as soon as I hit an encounter the game starts to run like a Victorian "What The Butler Saw" machine? Doesn't happen any where else on my shiny new Xbox, pretty much everywhere else runs like Usain Bolt with a firework up his HAMSTER, but fighting those Beholders today was like taking a photo every two seconds...

Tell you what. Give me back the value of EVERYTHING I have put into mine and I'll gladly shut it down, save you some server space, and go join another. That includes the Zen I spent on all those "Stronghold Starter Packs" AND the AD I spent on vouchers and Chests and God knows what else.

Tell you what... I'll do it for HALF what I spent. (I probably wouldn't have enough bank space to accommodate being reimbursed the full amount of AD I've spent, on only 12 toons...)

I'm kidding... obviously... just please. Stop taking the HAMSTER?
    It's the hardest thing in the game to advance a small Guild through graft and hard work... it really doesn't help when the developers make it a "One step forward two steps back" process.

Just put Masterwork where it belongs... in the bloody WORKSHOP!!!!!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    pelgrax said:

so no point now doing legacy quests unless you need some of the additional resources for the campaign.
    For me it was about the rewards that I could then exchange for the enchants , mount tokens etc .
    Unless it's bugged as when I see the NPC it lists the rewards for the reapers quests .

So is it bugged or intentional ?

You can still do your normal legacy quests. You just don't turn them in until the bug is fixed. The post above yours already said it is a bug.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

"The Reaper's Challenge

A new category of queue has been added: The Reaper's Challenge. Each day provides a different queued map, with different modifiers, resulting in a variety of difficulties and experiences. Completing the daily challenge gives a currency which can be spent at the Priest of Myrkul, who has newly arrived to Protector's Enclave. Each challenge can be completed once per day, per account, and the currency can be transferred between characters on the Shared Bank."

They just forgot to say that you need to have 50K of equipment level.
    One more stride into the abyss.

The item level requirement is not always 50k. It depends on the dungeon.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    AKAIK there isn't an issue with turning them in either, it's just that you can't spend the tokens.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • pain#8116 pain Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    So people who bought at 500k instead of 100k will get a refund or something I suppose?
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! The prices were 100k each on preview for Chult Receipes and now they're 500k each? Or was there a mistake with the implementation and y'all starting charging the 500k on accident which I hope is the case? Because your patch notes clearly say 100k each for the Chultan recipes. I would say fix your patch notes but I more want the 100k book price as promised for the past month. Also, this exchange for old materials is ridiculous since it only deals with batches of 5 or 10. What are we supposed to do with the individual each? Sell it for gold as a loss? This should have been done in a voucher format just like it was last time. So instead of Cryptic choosing what we can trade stuff in for we could have different amount of vouchers for what items are worth. Also this system was not testable on preview or if so it only dropped like Friday and I hadn't tested yet because I would have raised a bigger stink about it there.
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    pain#8116 said:

So people who bought at 500k instead of 100k will get a refund or something I suppose?

Based on track record, id stick to what my daddy used to say:
    Do what you think is smart
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    Everything in the patch that was removing things like sharandar maps(for some reason), working just fine. Must be coincidence that right when they nerf xuna and others, legacy currency bugged so people cant get comp tokens.
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    Yes, awesome fixes. I can say for me, the typo corrections sit near the top of the awesomesauce pile. Right after the companion fixes.
    Can't wait til they offer some of the now prefferred "working" companions in a Zen store bundle right before they fix those too \o/
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User

Sybella Artis in PE now only has rewards for Reaper marks -- all options for Legacy Campaign purchases are gone.

I hope this one gets fixed soon... (this week would be great)
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • israel#6026 israel Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Ola I come through this email to express my indignation in my professions where I have all levels until the 5 in my champion. After the patch I lost the masterwork levels 1,2,3 what happens? Will I be harmed by this update? I await an answer.

<font color="#DAA520">Comment edited by Percemer: I removed some personal information for security/confidentiality reasons.</font>
    Post edited by percemer on
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    All toons that had Chultan Alchemy available to them no longer have it available to them.
    (all but one out of ten toons had it.)

All toons that had Masterwork Available to Level III no longer have that available to them. My first three toons for sure had Masterwork Alchemy and Jewelcrafting to level 3 along with most of my Alts. I had other Masterwork stuff done as well but those ones were only done to whatever level I needed to do to get the "well-worn" tool available to them.

For Jewelcrafting it is easy to see which ones had it to level III because the Masterwork III one is still there but the I and II ones are missing.

The only other issue I see is that I am in a level 10 guild with half of my toons and I have put the rest in my level 1 guild and from the information I read in the guild hall you need at least a level 12 guild to do the higher level masterwork stuff.

All toons still have their "well-worn" tools available to them!

My toons had level II and III masterwork recipes because one of my toons was a member of a level 15 guild for a while and I used to temporarily invite my other toons to get the specific masterwork quests that they already had completed and then I would have them leave and go back to the lower level guild. I am sure I did this with a bunch because of the Masterwork III jewelcrafting that is still there for all of them.
  • alchemistxiiialchemistxiii Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I mean, did you read the patch notes?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11500323-patch-notes:-nw.131.20211003a.5

An exchange for Masterwork I - III and Chultan books is now available at the Artisan.

Resources in these books have been removed.
    Existing resources on players will not be removed, and can be sold or created used as needed.
    Certain High Quality resources that have been removed from the recipe books can now be exchanged for new resources.

there is a massive chunk on crafting - part of it right there though
  • juniperwuf#9831 juniperwuf Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    This is so confusing. I thought there were supposed to be Stronghold Masterwork recipes somewhere. I went in and saw the book exchange-- at the bottom where my books were listed it said trading in the books would put those recipes into my recipe lists. So I trade in my Alchemy 1 and 2 books. Now I have a bunch of pretty useless supplements and no mastercrafting recipes in Alchemy AT ALL. The vendor says I still have my other books but no more Alchemy Books and ALL masterwork recipes in all categories are gone. I have chultan recipes listed but I had chultan recipes before from when I purchased them in chult. These do not look the same, so what happened to my old chultan recipes and are these masterwork recipes or not? This is very confusing and not at all what the patch notes said.

Also, my Alchemy recipes now no longer have my old Chult recipes that I purchased in Chult long ago.
  • fns2005fns2005 Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    With this week's patch introducing Reaper's Challege, the Legacy Campaign store from Sybella Artis matches the Reaper's Challenge store for Reaper's Marks. Legacy Campaign quests have not been updated to give Reaper's Marks.
  • samus#9581 samus Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I am having the same problem. Sybella's legacy campaign store is showing the stuff for Reaper's challenge. I did check on multiple characters. The quests still give heroes Medallion. There was no mention of these to go away in the patch notes. It would be frustrating if they took these away without any warning.
    edited October 2021
    Yep. Just turned in my Chult mission and tried to buy a few companion tokens. Got a whole new store of things I cannot buy from a queue I cannot run...

I remembered patch notes said they were putting the Reaper merchant in the marketplace so I went there to see if maybe they swapped that with Sybella. Except I was using my Bard and apparantly she cannot talk to most of those merchants either. This is really sad. She cannot talk to the Stronghold Outfitter and now I find out she cannot talk to most of the merchants in the market.

I have a kind of silly idea-- maybe fix the old, already reported problems before rolling out a whole lot of new stuff that has a whole lot of new problems. I guess that will never catch on? I do appreciate that Cryptic is always trying to put out new stuff and the ideas are great but the execution needs a little work.
    I took another character to the marketplace to look for the Reaper merchant-- a warlock toon. Apparantly he cannot talk to a a lot of the merchants either, so maybe this is on purpose? I can talk to the Material supplier, the Potions & Kits merchant, and the Battle Potions merchant. And of course the Seal Traders and the Incentives Trader. But the weapons merchant, jeweler, etc. cannot be interacted with. Maybe because I am Level 20?

I did find the Reaper Merchant. He is on the map if you read the sidebar you will find him. Unfortunately, he has the Reaper merchandise, same as Sybella.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    It is already identified by dev it is a bug.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    Ok, pre-changes I had been working on my Blacksmithing and had it up to Masterwork III, working through IV-V, o top of this i also had the original Chultan recipes "Chultan".

Post changes: So the SH vendor had "Chultan Masterwork - Blacksmithing I" (greyed out) and "Chultan Masterwork - Blacksmithing II" available to purchase, so I purchased this.

At this point, I was lost. All my existing masterwork quests, at various stages are gone from my quest list (no pop-up notification of this btw). So I headed back to Chult and spoke to the "Master of the market" as I'm sure he was my previous quest giver, sure enough he had a new quest, great I thought..

"Speak to Lillian Brackyn" she then gives me an order to obtain "Brightsilver Fishing Reel 0/1". This is where I'm stuck. There's no recipe or further indication at this point. Either I'm going crazy/missed something or this is very messed up. Any help appreciated.

I've noted there's seemingly a LOT of issues with the changes so I'm thinking this could be one.

Also, thanks for upping the cost from 100k to 500k... that a bug also?
  • juan#5043 juan Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I cant buy tailoring recipes for chultan, and cant see any trade at sharandar, more, i lost MCIII in several categorías... That is in Ps5, recipes cost 500000, not 100000...complete disaster this patch
  • yamioni#9870 yamioni Member Posts: 55 Arc User

I mean, did you read the patch notes?

I mean, is it unreasonable to expect that things you already unlocked stay unlocked?

They removed them, and forced everyone to pay 500k AD each, to unlock them again.

It's a huge kick in the nuts to anyone that put any time into Masterwork crafting at all, and there are plenty of us upset about it.

This discussion has been closed.