test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Barovian Bash! - 2021

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
edited September 2021 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)

This player made event is planned for 24 hours prior to the Liar's Masquerade. Since the LM in PE starts on Thursday 21st of October after maintenance, the party will start on Wednesday the 20th of October. I will try to be in the game around 9 AM EST / 1 PM UTC and I will remain in Barovian until Midnight EST / 4 AM UTC. I have helpers that allow me to get a break. If I am not there as @sandukutupu then look for my husband @hotfrostworm or my neighbor @blargskull. The only reason for my absence would be and outage, death, or dismemberment.

The Barovian Bash! is the player's party for other players
. No official ties to Cryptic, I run an impromptu costume contest, divide prizes up. Sometimes user @blargskull shows up and challenges players with dance competitions, jokes, and other entertainment. I encourage hunts and hand out prizes there as well. Players bringing me the cowl of the Night Terror can win prizes for hunting him down. I know you can't actually give it to me, just wearing it will be enough. I encourage others to make up some simple fun contests we can do as well. I am informed @tchefi#6735 will be there with an interesting contest of their own!

At the end of the evening as things come to a close, I will randomly select an individuals who showed up and pass out the remaining of the prizes for attending
. I have some level 1 guilds I use for storing prizes, I will be giving those away too. They have no users, only banks, you can rename them and make them your own. It is easy to stand in PE and form a guild, it is much harder to manage one.

Hope to see you in Barovia on the 20th!

Spread the word with the shortcut link to this thread: https://cutt.ly/6EojmXC
wb-cenders.gif
Post edited by sandukutupu on

Comments

• blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User

Spread the word with the shortcut link to this thread: https://cutt.ly/6EojmXC

Do I get 3 cents each time I paste the link in chat? If so, you owe me $3. :trollface:

It appears my work schedule is clear for the day. Also the 20th is a full moon... not that I will see it. Michigan has 75% more cloud coverage than Wisconsin. Every stinking time I want to observe some astronomical event... clouds. You know how many times I used that telescope sitting out on my veranda? It might as well be a garden gnome at this point.

I was thinking about having a singing competition. Four victims could join my party and I sing over the headset, the first to guess the title gets a prize. I won't cover any medical damages my singing could have.

Let me know what other contests you can think of I might do with less liability damages?

Just killing time...
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Your singing would cause irreparable brain damage. I think you owe me more than $3 this month for the rent? Besides that is volunteer work, it is optional.

Have fun! :heart:
    wb-cenders.gif
    edited October 2021
    I was going to post a prize listing here, then the forums went down for 5 hour maintenance... but in short, it is a lot of stuff. It was my fault for not checking extended maintenance posts.

As for contests, I am going to play it by ear this year. I will be in Barovia doing something on the 20th. Wednesday of next week, if you have a costume to show me, find me online, I will take a picture, and give you a prize. I might be doing some trivia, hunting, or just chatting. I know @tchefi#6735 and others have some plans, maybe they can get a rough time line posted in here. @blargskull told me he is too random to set a schedule.

This will be my impromptu schedule for the day:
    My TimeHollywoodParis
    9AM6AM3PM
    Noon9AM6PM
    3PMNoon9PM
    6PM3PMMidnight
    9PM6PM3AM
    Midnight9PM6AM
    I normally pick the lowest populated instance, I hang out by the Vistani party camp for an hour at the time listed above.
    My Events Include
    • Hunts - I will have 1 and 2 star wanted posters for hunts, the party will get prizes.
    • Kill the Night Terror and wear his cowl, I will be giving you a reward for it. It is okay if you killed him a while ago as long as you wear the cowl.
    • Costumes, show up in any fashion I will take a picture and give you a prize. Once per account, I do love seeing multiple costumes.
    • To make the guild give-a-ways fair, I will do a random pick from people who took part in events and send them game mail to set up how, when, and where to obtain leadership of the guild. If the person is online, I will just contact them via chat.
    All my guilds are level 1 banks with no membership. They have 2 panes in each bank and whatever is left over will be in those banks. The new owner will be promoted to Guild Leader and I will leave the guild.

wb-cenders.gif
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    My plans for this fantastic new Barovian Bash 2021 :

Two Music Shows/Quizz will be given by my bard Alinala ChanteClair, in the Tavern of Barovia (in the same instance as where Wendy is, right after her 1 hour contests/sessions).

The schedule :
    Wendy's TimeHollywoodParis (my time)
    1PM10AM7PM
    4PM1PM10PM

For each song I play, everyone in the public will have a chance to win 10 preservation wards !
    For that, you must be the first one to guess and tell in the chat one thing related to the music i'm playing, be it the title, the singer (or band), the composer, or the film/cartoon/video game (if it's from one of these).

At the end of each song, i will point out the winner, and trade with him to give him the prize.

Two different lists of songs are planned, one for each show, so you can come try to guess and win preservation wards during both ;) !

In between the 2 shows, i will be wandering around Barovia or chilling at the Vistani Camp, maybe playing some songs who aren't on the quizz lists, and will be happy to meet and chat with anyone.

Have fun !
    Post edited by tchefi#6735 on
    See you in the game tomorrow.

wb-cenders.gif

This will be my EXACT schedule for tomorrow:
    Bar City (My Time)HollywoodParis
    RandomOff and OnImmer Wieder
    I will start by playing a little game called hide and go sleep. I will turn off my Mad King Thorn's online status and hide somewhere on the Barovian maps. Then you find me. Send mail to me, where I am and what I am doing. I will mail you back a prize... when I wake up.

Mad King Thorn looks just like this.

Je verrai à chaque fois ...
    à chaque fois que je me lève. :trollface:

Just killing time...
    I am still grave digging through the 87 MB of files I recorded while online yesterday.
    But I wish to thank all my guests who I found so far...

Drew
    Eshyka
    Sir Galahad
    Lyria Silverwing
    uh'Clem
    Maggie
    Esmerelle
    Tiny Elvis
    Bailey
    Arvis Ul'Tharyen
    Undefined
    Varelar Gilmoalea
    JuiceDaNinja
    Magianis
    John Shadow
    Sacred Fire
    Dalian Morhan
    Alinala Chante-Clair
    Menolly Gonraen
    Il'tana
    Flechtor
    Snype
    Hamster

Thanks so much for making this event very remarkable. Special thanks to our musicians who did a super job playing songs!
    wb-cenders.gif
    Here is the public gallery I started uploading images today.

Barovian Bash 2021 in photos

There are much more to come. :heart:
    wb-cenders.gif
    Yes, I like the first photo in there the most. :trollface:

@tchefi#6735 Sorry I missed the gig at the bar, I do love this picture with your axe!

Great costume, I didn't know you can dye the instrument?

Just killing time...
    edited October 2021
    I have added 17 more photos to the gallery a total of 47. I have linked my Google Dive with the demo files I recorded. Read below on how to use them.

I don't know how, but there was a dimensional breach at some point and Star Trek fused with Neverwinter.

Red Shirt Gorn

Using the .demo files
    1. Place inside you demos folder. If you don't have a demo folder create one inside your Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live folder.
    2. Make a new desktop shortcut to your client. For example; my target is
    "C:\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\x64\GameClient.exe" -demoplay working.demo
    3. The Start in should be the Live folder path; mine is "C:\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live"
    4. Next simply copy or rename the demo you want to work with to working.demo
    5. Run the shortcut and your game will load without login and begin a play back.

You can pause the demo, speed up is arrow key Right and slow down is arrow key Left. F2 unlocks the camera and I hold right mouse button and use W key to fly around the area. W,A,S,D are movement for the camera in relation to the direction it is pointed. The grave or ~ Key will bring up a cursor. Use renderscale .5 to move around easier renderscale 2 for high resolution shots, and screenshotjpg for taking screenshots. To interact with options menu, simply type options. Use the grave key to close the command prompt or you cannot fly or move around with it open.

This is a very detailed user editor, unfortunately there is no official Cryptic Documentation as usual. You will need to search the web for what others know about it. I had a little practice with it, others know how to task the camera and do all sorts of tricks for making videos.

Also you can edit the demo files with WordPad, don't use NotePad as these files are too big. Here are some neat tricks I learned from just messing around.

In the first part you will find a line; Startworldtime 18.244005
    This number is military 24 hour clock. If you record in day time, you can set the world to night and force the demo into night time. Want to see Well of Dragons at night? Set the clock to 23.00

A tricky edit is removing pets or "entities" just search for "ENTITYCRITTER" you are going to find something that looks like this;
    ........Createdents
    ........{
    ................EntityRef 14549017
    ................ContainerID 34480
    ................Entitysenddistance 360.000000
    ................Entitytypeenum ENTITYCRITTER

................Costumev5
    ................{
    ........................Hreferencedcostume Companion_Feypanther_04
    ................}
    ........}
    Simply remove the line; Hreferencedcostume Companion_Feypanther_04 and when the demo loads, it will not appear.

:heart:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User

Great costume, I didn't know you can dye the instrument?

Yes, obviously you can ^^.
    And yes, that's a great picture :D
    @tchefi#6735 hello my friend, you asked me a while back about bards. I finally got around to making one this is a short video of my bard Michin Squirbo...

wb-cenders.gif