test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled maintenance and Patch Notes: NW.131.20211003a.5

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 53 Community Manager
Neverwinter will undergo scheduled maintenance on all platforms tomorrow, 10/19. You can find the patch notes here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11500323-patch-notes:-nw.131.20211003a.5

(Julia's fine, she's just out sick, nobody panic. :) )

Comments

• anna#4890 anna Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Dedicated Squire: Smite now deals damage appropriate to an AoE attack, rather than single-target.

Wait how did he even get an AoE smite in the first place lol xD
  • irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Need Julia to make the announcement so that the same exact text will sound sweeter. :p
    Post edited by irene#2829 on
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    That's a lot of fixes, nice job.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Patch notes regarding MW are old and not up to date. At least if the latest preview update is what we get on live.
    Price of Sharandar MW recipes have been increased to 1.5M per profession.
    Price of Chultan MW recipes have been increased to 500K per level per profession.
    Any mention of Stronghold MW means Chultan MW, the old MW1-3 recipes are gone and not for sale.
    I do NOT see any of the Masterwork tools nor fashion available for 3000 GM, only for 100K AD.
    Sharandar charts ARE for sale at the The Generalist (they were removed from preview at first, but was was put back once Sharandar MW recipes became available).
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • methuslah#7626 methuslah Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Is this some kind of sick joke? Massively <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with mastercraft with only 8 hours notice!?!?

At least last time you gave plenty of time for people to get prepared, but now I have over 100M AD with of mc 1-3 mats and 550 charts. No mention of a chart refund and not enough time to farm them either....

You really do like to screw people over in an increasingly extreme way, BRAVO!
  • datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    what a hamster show haha
    increase dmg and HP in most leveling zones :D I guess you have a lot of new players that complained how fast and easy the progression is for not geared new players :D because they literally ask every day for help in PE :D
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Is this some kind of sick joke? Massively HAMSTER with mastercraft with only 8 hours notice!?!?

At least last time you gave plenty of time for people to get prepared, but now I have over 100M AD with of mc 1-3 mats and 550 charts. No mention of a chart refund and not enough time to farm them either....

Try 11 days, not 8 hours.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited October 2021

Is this some kind of sick joke? Massively HAMSTER with mastercraft with only 8 hours notice!?!?

It has been in preview and various discussions for a while.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    After patch, doesn't appear Stryker there in sharandar to start quest for artisan and then buy new recipes.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    Hero's medallions are still in the currency tab but sybellas rewards for them have gone

did you forget to add a tab?
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
    edited October 2021
    It was only posted here 8 hours before it went live. I don't have access to other sources, including preview as I'm on ps4.

Nothing has been said in these forums as far as I can see and nothing has been mentioned in my alliance, so i didn't know to try digging anywhere for info as it hadn't been announced. This is, quite literally, the first I've heard about it....
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited October 2021

It was only posted here 8 hours before it went live. I don't have access to other sources, including preview as I'm on ps4.

Nothing has been said in these forums as far as I can see and nothing has been mentioned in my alliance, so i didn't know to try digging anywhere for info as it hadn't been announced. This is, quite literally, the first I've heard about it....

You have access to this forum and you are here. It means you also have access of other forums in this web site including preview forums. Try click "Discussions" above to check other "interesting" information that comes up time to time. Recent bunch such as "unbind token", "Masterwork", ... so that you won't have the next surprises.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • zombiefan03#9189 zombiefan03 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Maybe i misread, but i thought the purchase price for chultan recipes were 100k per book. They are 500k right now. Also i can't seem to find the recipes for Sharandar. Thought there was a trader in Sharandar, but can't seem to find it.
  • faldaril#4027 faldaril Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    I gave up making a full list of bugs and problems found after this last patch because I didn't have the strength.
    The alchemy masterworks (but perhaps also of other professions) have disappeared or maybe not, the problem is figuring out where the hell to find them. Maybe Juma at least does something useful. The materials to be exchanged are exchanged only in multiples of five or ten, the others cheerfully clog up the inventory, which was already not enough before, Sybella no longer exchanges tokens of heroism, but gives the players vigorous pat on the back. There is no png that gives Sharandar masterworks to Sharandar. Stronghold masterwork, what are they? Never seen. in conclusion
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54x4SWpUrT4
    But do you work like this?
    "Siamo solo delle piadine in mano hai potenti della terra" (Cit. Complottista Anonimo Facebook)- Professional AoE Tester - Doom of Healers and Tanks
    I appreciate you pointing out the thread, I only check the preview section periodically and hadn't looked in the last 10 days I guess. I've had a look through and there's only 2 official posts, neither of which give any likely time frame.

My complaint isn't that they have made changes, even though they are pretty absurd. Rather it's the fact that we had only 8 hours official warning. For example, there's no chart hand in only the mats from them. I have 550 "defunct" charts which I could have been farming instead of sharandar charts if they had given a sensible amount of notice. It's looking like these will be wasted, a lot of gm farming....

The last time they made such significant changes (m15??) they gave at least several weeks notice. They gave more notice than this for changing the levels, which had no impact in game! Posting something in the preview server thread with no ETA does not constitute notice. I'm pretty sure I can speak for most MC5 crafters and say that we like to be prepared for stuff, so dumping this on us at such short notice is a massive PITA.

This isn't some minor tweak, it's essentially a complete reset of the MC system with essentially zero notice. Just, Aaaarrrgghh!
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • nativerock9015#2463 nativerock9015 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    @nitocris83 With today's update we seem to have lost the legacy quest reward store, in its place is the reapers challenge store.

Now my question is this, is this a bug or is this a case of a forgotten tab. A lot of people use the legacy store to get what they need to upgrade enchants, artifacts etc.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

This issue has been escalated and we can confirm that it's a bug. The dev team will prepare a fix as soon as possible.

The quests are however still awarding the medallions. Thank you for your patience!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    Exactly.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Yep, same for me and other alliance-mates. no sharandar recipes from artisan, and old MW recipes are 5x the price quoted in notes(bait and switch!) :) . But seriously, get your act together Cryptic and actually provide the fixes/upgrades you say you are providing, without having to constantly go and redo your work.
    edited October 2021
    Currently investigating about these issues

Update: these issues have been escalated to the dev team for investigation.

The dev team will prepare as soon as possible a new build to fix them. Thank you for your patience!

Regards,
    Post edited by percemer on
    Percemer
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
    so no point now doing legacy quests unless you need some of the additional resources for the campaign.
    For me it was about the rewards that I could then exchange for the enchants , mount tokens etc .
    Unless it's bugged as when I see the NPC it lists the rewards for the reapers quests .

So is it bugged or intentional ?
  • alchemistxiiialchemistxiii Member Posts: 42 Arc User

Not mentioned in the patch notes, so most likely a bug, using the same shop ID for inventory maybe
  • murphystoutmurphystout Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    It is a bug and was a bug on preview server but not fixed.
    edited October 2021
    Greetings,

Just a note to indicate that we did not forget to publish the patch notes in Russian, but the localisation team is still working on it. It should be ready and published tomorrow. Thank your for your understanding.

Regards,
    Percemer
    ----------
  • kingchunkin#9603 kingchunkin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The hunting hawk and greenscale still can't be claimed by other characters on account. Is this getting fixed?
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    Two problems I saw/was told about

•The first level of books start at 500,000 instead of 100,000 (chultan recipe 1, 2...).

•There is no person to learn the final Sharandar 500,000 recipe from
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    No more material slots? I am totally unable to handle this with all the normal versions and +1 versions, old materials and new materials, we need infinite bag space for materials!
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
This discussion has been closed.