test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Two handed Wepon Fighter or Barb

Hey, I have a problem. The point is that I love the warrior game you know full armor two-handed sword, but in update 16 they changed to barbarian (which should have leather armor).
Well, I found out that people still consider him a fighter with a two-handed weapon
and many things remain even the blademaster specialization which is a fighter
Although they wanted to change the names as in 5e, the specializations have nothing to do with it

How should I treat it as a fighter who fights with a two-handed weapon or like a Barbarian ??? (Because for me, Fighter is more suitable, but only on this fight with a two-handed sword because here the wepons are blocked :()

And how do you see it........ ?

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

How should I treat it as a fighter who fights with a two-handed weapon or like a Barbarian ??? (Because for me, Fighter is more suitable, but only on this fight with a two-handed sword because here the wepons are blocked :()

And how do you see it........ ?

As a whole, the Barbarian class in NW is an inferior version of the old Great Weapon Fighter that took the Barbarian name to capitalize on tabletop player money.

You are more than correct in treating the class as "Mediocre Weapon Fighter", since the class in NW lacks much, if any mechanical distinction in being barbarian like.

Hey, I have a problem. The point is that I love the warrior game you know full armor two-handed sword, but in update 16 they changed to barbarian (which should have leather armor).

I disagree about using leather armor, we should be optimally pushed towards running around naked.

After all, it's in the Barbarian spirit to have weapons and spells bounce off their shredded washboard abs, incorporating the 5e Barbarian's Unarmored Defense class feature.

Well, I found out that people still consider him a fighter with a two-handed weapon

And that is because, originally in the Mod 16 beta, GWF originally took the name "Fighter" and GF took the name "Guardian".

At some point later in development, the two classes changed names to Barbarian and Fighter to pretend they are following 5e D&D.

You can still see remnants of this hasty name change in the collections, with older (ie, classic through Mod 15) GWF/Barbarian items stating "of the Fighter" and the GF/Fighter items stating "of the Guardian".

(Cloak of the Guardian displays the Guardian Fighter symbol).

Although they wanted to change the names as in 5e, the specializations have nothing to do with it

The Blademaster name is just like the Barbarian name: a weirdly phrased name that pretends to take after 5e D&D ... even though it's really a lamer version of the 4e D&D Swordmaster paragon path.

It's so half baked that the developers in charge of redesigning GWF even forgot to change the name from "Swordmaster" in the flavor text.