test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Incorrect cost of all gear

sergey235711sergey235711 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
edited October 2021 in Bug Reports (PC)
Cost of all gear depends on item level and reach maximum cost when item level more or equal 60. In early modules (Mod6+) gear item level was equal to the required level, so system worked correctly. But in later modules (including Mod21) item level of gear was increased, and at the moment all gear has item level above 60 and sells for a maximum value.

For example after all these changes players will be able to craft level 1 gear in professions (with 34 silver coins costs) spending only 1 silver on crafting. Player can make 80 low level crafts per day by using motivation, so player can easily obtain 30 gold coins per day from each character.

To show how it unbalanced at the moment I compared gold obtaining from crafting to common sources:

Crafting: I can obtain 1500 gold coins from less than 2 hours.

Quests: base quest reward (for 20 level) is 20 silver coins. So I need to complete 7500 quests to obtain same amount of gold.

Drop from enemies, it depend on enemy tier:
Tier 1: 0 copper coins.
Tier 2: 40 copper coins.
Tier 3: 90 copper coins.
Tier 4: 100 copper coins.
Tier 5: 200 copper coins.
So I need to kill 75000 tier-5 enemies to obtain same amount of gold.

Simple solution example:
Is it necessary to sell crafted gear for gold? What if you disable the option to sell crafted gear for gold?

In addition I think you need to increase gold amount from other sources at least in x5, current amount is too small.
Post edited by sergey235711 on

Comments

• rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Seems to me the cost of things has gone up and I'm burning through much more gold than I ever did before. Currently the two ways I use to keep it from going backwards are going back to doing MEx3 again (which I'd stopped) and running it on my own choosing the balanced gold rune, for 3 runs I get 24 gold a day @ 8 each time, - incidentally I tried yesterday running two runes thinking I would get 2X the gold and it gave me only 10 gold total at the end, 2 more than for only one rune @nitocris83 maybe you can confirm if this is a bug or not because it really should double because the extra difficulty and time is simply not worth the 2 extra gold, for the next 2 runs I just went back to one rune again for 8 gold - and the other thing I'm doing is to convert AD to gold by buying gold bars from the AH and selling those back to the sellers but this eats into my AD which I already need for other things.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Also, when planning to work for gold, slot enchantments/artifacts/etc. that add to gold gain.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    The current masterworks crafting economic model relies on other players manufacturing gold and selling it on the AH, since MW production needs a lot of it. This is why Cryptic added Gold Bars to vendors that can be bought and sold at 1 bar = 1 gold.

If Cryptic changed the professions workshop to make all things produced have zero / token value, Masterworks would dry up almost completely.

To be honest, apart from MW and enchantment swapping, gold as a currency has very little utility - so I believe this is WAI. Now, if you want to suggest that they increase the value of drops to match that of professions, well that's another matter.

Sidenote:
    Also, by my understanding, your calculations are a little off. To produce 1500 gold at 30g per toon you'd need 50 toons - and at roughly 10 mins per toon (including logging onto the next toon) means it would take you over 8 hours.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    You may think the price is incorrect but they intentionally set it up that way since the beginning of the new Profession.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sergey235711sergey235711 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Sidenote:
    Also, by my understanding, your calculations are a little off. To produce 1500 gold at 30g per toon you'd need 50 toons - and at roughly 10 mins per toon (including logging onto the next toon) means it would take you over 8 hours.

It takes about 2 minutes to craft and sell 97 items (if you have Workshop Sending Stone). I think it takes less than 3 min without it.

Masterworks don't require a lot of gold, at the moment gold is the cheapest part of masterworks. Because of the low gold price and easy ways to obtain players spend most of the gold on Gond professions (50-100k per event).

armadeonx said:

Sidenote:

It takes about 2 minutes to craft and sell 97 items (if you have Workshop Sending Stone). I think it takes less than 3 min without it.

Masterworks don't require a lot of gold, at the moment gold is the cheapest part of masterworks. Because of the low gold price and easy ways to obtain players spend most of the gold on Gond professions (50-100k per event).
    That's not been my experience, the fastest I've done it is 8 mins including the time to sell them & swapping toons - also you are losing 5 morale per toon that way. Also, you can't keep up that pace after the first few toons as it gets REALLY mind numbing.

All of this is moot though. I'd like to ask; seeing as gold is only good for MW and enchantments (plus some skill kits I suppose) - why are you asking for this to be changed? Who do you see benefiting from such a change? (not that Cryptic are going to pay any attention to your request, but still, I'd like to know)

• rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    What about healing potions etc? They cost gold.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.

What about healing potions etc? They cost gold.

They do but at 33 gold for a stack it's worth considering buying them with AD from the AH as they tend to be pretty cheap there.

It depends on class, TIL etc but I assume most people tend to get through less than 10 potions a day - a cost of 3g, so not something that would be impacted by professions (where someone can also make their own potions).