test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Convert to Appearance Library option fails for Blacksmith Crafting Wear

hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
Expected Behavior:

I open the Blacksmith Crafting Wear pack from the Gond event and the three items (Goggle, Apron, Pants) go into my Inventory Fashion Tab. I right-click on each of them and select 'Convert to Appearance Library' and they are removed from the Fashion tab, added to my appearance library and I should be able to apply them to my character as a free appearance change.

Actual Behavior:

I open the Blacksmith Crafting Wear pack from the Gond event and the three items (Goggle, Apron, Pants) go into my Inventory Fashion Tab. I right-click on each of them and select 'Convert to Appearance Library' and they are removed from the Fashion tab. When press C and select the Appearance tab and choose Head, the appearance library page for head gear opens and nothing is there (well, the Blacksmith Goggles are not there). Same for Armor and Pants. They are removed from my inventory completely.

I had the same thing happen with the Disciple of Leira equipment obtained earlier this year. Once the conversion option is chosen, the item is deleted.

Does the option to convert fashion items to appearance library item work for anything? I ask before I try the same with Jubilee outfits that are only available once a year.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Were you checking "Gear Appearance Preview" or "Fashion Appearance Preview"?
    Gear Appearance Preview shows 10 items for change.
    Fashion Appearance Preview shows 3 items (head, upper body and lower body) for change.
    Blacksmith wear are fashion and are in "Fashion Appearance Preview".

Click the right icon under "Gear Appearance Preview" text in your Appearance tab window.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Yes, thank you @plasticbat I did not see that there were two libraries. I was able to equip the blacksmith outfit completely ... but I am unable to view the Farm tools at the same time. Is there some way of having the 'fashion appearance' items overlay the Head/Armor/Pants items in the Gear Appearance Preview permitting a composite result?

I am looking for a leather rugged equipment set to go with the farm tools. Prior to the Wondrous Bazaar discount event last month, the Valliant Wayfairer set was shown as leather top and no Tyrolian hat (or red/black/white tops for some magical classes). They changed quite a few of them prior to the sale to now all have the brown leather swashbuckler garb with Tyrolean hat (instead of a Tricorn).
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User

Is there some way of having the 'fashion appearance' items overlay the Head/Armor/Pants items in the Gear Appearance Preview permitting a composite result?

No.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***