test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Live Servers] Extended Maintenance - October 13

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2021 in News & Announcements
All Cryptic Games will undergo extended maintenance this Wednesday, October 13, 5am to 10am PT (when is this for me?). For Neverwinter, this will impact PC, Xbox, and PlayStation. There will be no Tuesday/Thursday maintenance this week.

Patch Notes will be posted when available. There is finally no patch notes, just a network maintenance.
Post edited by percemer on

Comments

• irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    I realize the store will usually restock with new items during maintenance. <3

Wish for Golden Bulette Pup to make a temporary return. I missed the purchase long ago and have been waiting for many months. :3
  • razor4lpharazor4lpha Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    How about smaller shields not overwriting bigger ones or at least if they do the old one should be converted at HP.
  • mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    > @davucho#2485 said:
    > Could you please buff the paladin healer? it's the only healer that doesn't have over time heal could you make shields optional? Warlock is good healer but Cleric is too BROKEN
    > Passive that gains 25% outing healing? an ability that heals a 1700 target? It is not because he is sarcastic but he just needs to resurrect the dead from the campfire.

What content needs healers?
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited October 2021

Could you please buff the paladin healer? it's the only healer that doesn't have over time heal could you make shields optional? Warlock is good healer but Cleric is too BROKEN
    Passive that gains 25% outing healing? an ability that heals a 1700 target? It is not because he is sarcastic but he just needs to resurrect the dead from the campfire.

Firstly, a thread about maintenance is the wrong place to be asking for class changes.

Secondly, as someone who actively plays cleric and paladin, imo the cleric is a good healer, the warlock is reasonable and the pally is not in a good place atm.

That's not the fault of the cleric class and the choice of powers are extremely limited. Also that 25% bonus only works when you have full divinity, meaning you use Healing Word (HoT) and just have to wait until your divinity bar is full again - which is very slow. The single target Intercession that you referred to is your backup emergency heal and has a long cooldown so you save it for when someone is in actual trouble.

But yeah, the pally is not good. My pally is my highest TIL toon and I used to regularly switch between tank & healer paragons depending on what was needed - but I've given up running Oathkeeper as primary healer since it was changed as its performance is just so underwhelming. It definitely does need improving and a group HoT would be great.

But as I said, this is not the right place for this discussion and I fully expect both of our posts to be removed as being 'off topic'.
    Post edited by armadeonx on
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • razorblade#7675 razorblade Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    there is noting wrong with the cleric is not broken u may just have the wrong gear on. many seem to think they need to be super dps on healer NOT healers job is to heal. Tanks job is to tank not try to out do the dps. many players need to learn there roll in game and stop just looking at score board. it's called team work and many need to slow down in dungons stop open chests pick up all coin. not a race to finish. and stop asking to be kicked because u think a team mate is to weak. suck it up and do your best to teach that player.if there item lvl says they can be there then they can. u not like that u can leave and take the 45 min penalty. If u don't have the time to run a dungon the right way then don't run them at all. personally I'm getting sick of 1 player setting the pace on a dungon and the rest feel they need to follow because that one all they care about is chest at the end.
    That's wrong and not right to new players and players that want to grab everything they can. the game bullies need to stop. back to the topic u go in as tank u tank not dps same for healer u go in to heal not try to be top dog on dps if u can't do that then u need not play the game. dungons are all about team work

• jkd666jkd666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    Will we have another maintenance tomorrow? Because I still can't get my Werewolf account with my other characters.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    jkd666 said:

Will we have another maintenance tomorrow? Because I still can't get my Werewolf account with my other characters.

According to what she said in the first post, no.

For Neverwinter, this will impact PC, Xbox, and PlayStation. There will be no Tuesday/Thursday maintenance this week.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nefariousbob#4684 nefariousbob Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Lose track of time? 2 hours off your expected timeline is.... not good.

Lose track of time? 2 hours off your expected timeline is.... not good.

What do you mean? For PC, it was done before their timeline.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • marcm713#3446 marcm713 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    are the servers still down or is it just me? I'm in western US.
  • marcm713#3446 marcm713 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    well now...forget it. Just got in.
  • deleannah#2407 deleannah Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Can somebody help me?
    I get kick out of the game after a few minuten and my charakter Gets placed back when i Am moving. Alsof i get disconnected when i want to log in, I checkt the wifi and the problem is not there.
  • alvaro11#4677 alvaro11 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, look, and I played the game again and a friend told me that they gave a gift mount, but I did not appear to claim it, I would very much like if they gave it to me if it was a mistake
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Hi, look, and I played the game again and a friend told me that they gave a gift mount, but I did not appear to claim it, I would very much like if they gave it to me if it was a mistake

That was last week's gift, you had from Oct 12th to Oct 18th to claim it. If you did claim the mount during that time and do not have it on your account, then you'll have to contact support.

Every week, there is a gift. It requires you to claim it in that week. So, it will be a new one next Tuesday.
  • bennythebull22#1342 bennythebull22 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2021
    I'm have a problem with a quest that doesn't allow me to continue further in the game no matter what I do, I can't abandon it and its very frustrating because this is a fun game, the quest to do is. show upgraded etched glass enchantment to tarhun. it doesn't allow me to go forward in the game someone please help me, I don't want to delete this game.
  • forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    The link to this thread is still visible on the forum on the top of every page almost a month after the actual maintenance.
  • c9kamic9kami Member Posts: 2 Arc User

Could you please buff the paladin healer? it's the only healer that doesn't have over time heal could you make shields optional? Warlock is good healer but Cleric is too BROKEN
    Passive that gains 25% outing healing? an ability that heals a 1700 target? It is not because he is sarcastic but he just needs to resurrect the dead from the campfire.

why are you calling the class that's primarily dedicated to healing broken? the entire point of devoted clerics is to heal while pali heals are not meant to have massive amounts of healing in the first place ... they offer heals but also shielding which pretty much makes up for the fact that their heal cant top up 50% of a persons hp like a cleric can ...