test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

And it glows and glows, and glows, and...

therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
@nitocris83

The mail and campaign icons keep on glowing, although there is no unread mail and there are no open tasks in any campaign to do nor any un-fetched campaign rewards. Will this ever get fixed? It was reported so many times and I am seriously tired of the workaround - at least for the glowing mail icon. For the glowing campaign icon there is no workaround afaik.

Comments

• melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    Issue has already been addressed previously, if you have more than one toon just send yourself e-mail with stuff attached and collect it on another toon. If not, then I think you just have to change instances or something after sending yourself stuff.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

Issue has already been addressed previously, if you have more than one toon just send yourself e-mail with stuff attached and collect it on another toon. If not, then I think you just have to change instances or something after sending yourself stuff.

What part of "[...] and I am seriously tired of the workaround [...]" was misleading...?

I KNOW that there is a workaround, I am just tired of applying it and I would like to see this bug fixed finally after seeing it reported several month ago for the first time (and the last "it is under investigation" message was two month ago).

Additionally (and again), there is NO workaround for the glowing campaign icon.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I only had the mail one happen for the first time the other day. I had to send a new mail to all my characters (luckily I only have three), sending just one to myself once from the same character I opened it on didn't work, I tried several times. I wondered if the system thought it wasn't being opened because it didn't know what character it was supposed to be opened by (not that that ever mattered before) so I made a new mail for each character (just with the @handle three times, not the individual character names) and opened all of them on each one and on the last one the light went off. I also have had the campaign light on since this issue was first reported, it says I have a quest completed in Tyranny of Dragons but there is nothing outstanding to pick up there.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

What part of "[...] and I am seriously tired of the workaround [...]" was misleading...?

I KNOW that there is a workaround, I am just tired of applying it and I would like to see this bug fixed finally after seeing it reported several month ago for the first time (and the last "it is under investigation" message was two month ago).

They have the mail bug fixed internally and it should be patched soon. I'm not 100% sure of the status of the campaign icon issue, but I'll try to get an update tomorrow.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    kreatyve said:

They have the mail bug fixed internally and it should be patched soon. I'm not 100% sure of the status of the campaign icon issue, but I'll try to get an update tomorrow.
    Thanx, @kreatyve
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    If you want the campaign light to turn off do everything in your journal.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

If you want the campaign light to turn off do everything in your journal.

That's what I did. It is still glowing. And no, I did not miss anything in the journal. I checked multiple times.
    Exactly, do you think we're that clueless?
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Is the campaign flag from the PvP campaign? That wouldn't surprise me.

If it is, a quick fix would be a short intro quest - go to an npc who tells you a bit of blurb about pvp then leaves it up to you as to whether you play it or not. Flag off.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    As kreatyve mentioned, there is a fix ready for the mailbox issue - I'll check on the campaign icons.

greywynd said:

That's what I did. It is still glowing. And no, I did not miss anything in the journal. I checked multiple times.

The only ones that I have that have the issue are newer characters.

Exactly, do you think we're that clueless?

=)
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User

I'll help poor nitocris out here - campaign icon issue is a bit trickier, it's caused by having a character with partial progress in one of the removed campaigns. I have a fix in code review now but it will likely just miss this next update. Thanks for your patience!

Except that's not the only reason. The only character I'm having that issue on is my Bard and the Campaign that's currently causing it is PVP which I have no intentions of doing like EVER. Unless you mean if one character has it in partial progress all characters show that which is also not the case since I don't do PVP.

• crypticpop#7861 crypticpop Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 24 Cryptic Developer

Except that's not the only reason. The only character I'm having that issue on is my Bard and the Campaign that's currently causing it is PVP which I have no intentions of doing like EVER. Unless you mean if one character has it in partial progress all characters show that which is also not the case since I don't do PVP.

Aha... so I wasn't exactly lying to you. Your bard does have an older campaign task automatically completed... in order to access a certain recently reworked trial. Checked him out and he's all fixed up in my local version! Nice name by the way :)
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User

Aha... so I wasn't exactly lying to you. Your bard does have an older campaign task automatically completed... in order to access a certain recently reworked trial. Checked him out and he's all fixed up in my local version! Nice name by the way :)
    Thank you for the compliment . And unfortunately I wasn't speaking about my PC Characters but about my PS4 characters. Which there my bard has finished every campaign but TCA, Sharandar and Avernus but he's gotten far enough in them that there's no automatic completions. So on him the only thing left triggering is the PVP campaign. Sorry I realize this is the PC bug thread but this is a bug throughout all systems and the reasoning you stated doesn't seem to match up with what I'm seeing on there. Unless of course what you stated is the reason behind the PC Bug
  • maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User

Thank you for the compliment . And unfortunately I wasn't speaking about my PC Characters but about my PS4 characters. Which there my bard has finished every campaign but TCA, Sharandar and Avernus but he's gotten far enough in them that there's no automatic completions. So on him the only thing left triggering is the PVP campaign. Sorry I realize this is the PC bug thread but this is a bug throughout all systems and the reasoning you stated doesn't seem to match up with what I'm seeing on there. Unless of course what you stated is the reason behind the PC Bug
    The old Underdark campaign.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

The old Underdark campaign.
    Yeah, this, because the demogorgon key was an account unlock.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    kreatyve said:

Yeah, this, because the demogorgon key was an account unlock.

Still is. It's an account unlock from the Bazaar now. Anyone on the account can spend AD and buy one. Instead of, you know, allowing us to create them like we used to.
    Spending AD to buy a key because I want the extra chest to get more AD seems kind of pointless so I don't bother with the key now. It was better when we just made one a day for free.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

Spending AD to buy a key because I want the extra chest to get more AD seems kind of pointless so I don't bother with the key now. It was better when we just made one a day for free.

Yeah we're now expected to spend refined AD to gain unrefined AD, which for anyone hitting the refining cap equals negative earnings, unless they get v. lucky and find something in the chest that is 1. unbound, 2. worth something on the AH.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    It's sad how things gets ripped appart, stuffed away. I absolutley loved old Sharandar and the quests there. The ones in the New Sharandar are mindnumbing and SO repetative. I also have this problem on my newest toon, the Bard. None of my other 11 ones have it.