test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Difficulty Options for Old Trials/Dungeons

sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
edited October 2021 in PvE Discussion
After a long break, I just realised that you can now oneshot Halaster xD

An option for higher difficulty would certainly provide a new milestone and encourage players to obtain BiS. Albeit, people would expect better loot, however, if that is not feasible, perhaps we could get a higher % chance obtaining items/currency that are obtainable in other content, that would otherwise involve a tedious grind. There was a time when not understanding your class and the rotation was punishable.

The difficulty options was one of the common ideas touched upon in the CPD and it is, but, a very popular one in other MMO's as well. We do have a hardcore VoS.

What do others think about this? How difficult can a rotation of 10seconds before the Boss Phases be?
Post edited by sobi#1980 on

Answers

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
  • bomber#7738 bomber Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    sobi#1980 said:

After a long break, I just realised that you can now oneshot Halaster xD

An option for higher difficulty would certainly provide a new milestone and encourage players to obtain BiS. Albeit, people would expect better loot, however, if that is not feasible, perhaps we could get a higher % chance obtaining items/currency that are obtainable in other content, that would otherwise involve a tedious grind. There was a time when not understanding your class and the rotation was punishable.

The difficulty options was one of the common ideas touched upon in the CPD and it is, but, a very popular one in other MMO's as well. We do have a hardcore VoS.

What do others think about this? How difficult can a rotation of 10seconds before the Boss Phases be?

I'd be onboard with that.

I wish they'd go back to having an Epic and Master version of all group content.
    The Epic (standard) version would get players accustomed to any instance mechanics and the Master (hard) version would offer increased difficulty and better rewards.

That's my 2¢ at least. :)