test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official: The Reaper's Challenge

Comments

• liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    mushellka said:

Since you can do it once per day, I have a question: is the currency per account or per character?

Your question was answered before you posted it.

The Reaper's Mark is max 1 per day per account. It is a reward for beating the daily challenge.

Currently private and public queue item level requirements are the same.

Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited October 2021

mushellka said:

Since you can do it once per day, I have a question: is the currency per account or per character?

The Reaper's Mark is max 1 per day per account. It is a reward for beating the daily challenge.

Mmmm that's not quite the same thing. We've seen events before where you can earn something with an account limit but the token is not considered applicable to all characters.

We know you can only earn one per acct but if I have a token on my first toon, does it register as spendable on my second? (like Zen would).

That would mean you can earn three tokens on three different toons and your inventory would show 3 tokens available on every toon - or not.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • booyin1#6837 booyin1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User

Future Changes:

• Epic Collar Choice Pack and Shards of Empowerment will be added to the store
    Shards of Empowerment (epic), is this only going to be added from the store? This item is very much easy to loot from the mobs everywhere, and that is why it is very much cheap on AH costs 200 Astral Diamond each and very limited of use. We are hoping to get from the NPC is the Shards of Greater Empowerment (legendary) which only from the dungeon or trial chests can be obtained. If not, make it enable to upgrade the epic Shards of Empowerment to legendary version -Shards of Greater Empowerment for even a rate of 3000 epic shard = 1 legendary shard.

• fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User

Future Changes:

• While most matches will be 50k item level, there will be occasional matches that require 40k or 30k.
    • Epic Collar Choice Pack and Shards of Empowerment will be added to the store
    • Mob health will be increased
    • We will get the marks added to the shared bank

Someone asked if we would do a perma-death version. Probably not, or at least not for a while. We want to make sure we keep the challenge more accessible than that. But a max number of lives is a modifier we've considered.
    Nice. Hope it's the Greater Shards though. The normal ones are not an issue.
  • rheylinsark#1888 rheylinsark Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Edited because duplicate of comment above. I shouldn't post before my first cup of coffee.

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

mushellka said:

Mmmm that's not quite the same thing. We've seen events before where you can earn something with an account limit but the token is not considered applicable to all characters.

We know you can only earn one per acct but if I have a token on my first toon, does it register as spendable on my second? (like Zen would).

That would mean you can earn three tokens on three different toons and your inventory would show 3 tokens available on every toon - or not.
    That also has already been addressed by Noworries. The marks will have a shared bank account spot so you'll be able to spend it on whichever character you want.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

mushellka said:

That's exactly right. My question was if currency is shared between all characters on account so I could spend it on character who never completed „The Reapers Challenge".
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    I believe there are many players above 50k who will make this content, especially those who invest in more than one character and are f2p. For example, I will be available to do it every day, since I still plan to evolve my OP and my DC and there are items purchased from this currency that will make my life much easier, even more so now that it will likely have Shards of Greater Empowerment.
  • kir4me8604#8436 kir4me8604 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Is it possible to get the class pack titles, no longer available in game, as possible titles???

- Master of Magic
    - Master of Fate
    - Master of the Savage Wild
    - etc.

from the old class booster packs
  • x10110100x10110100 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    nova#2306 said:

Reapers Challenge Day 2 - Pirate Kings Retreat
    Group Composition: Arcanist Wizard, Hunter Ranger, Soulweave Warlock, Justicar Paladin, Thaumaturge Wizard
    Item Levels: 50k - 59k

- At 50k Item Level the dungeon doesn't reflect the difficulty in regards to the item level
    - Health of bosses need to be increased. I say this because with this being considered a "challenge" there's no challenge if you can still blow through the entire dungeon in less than 10 minutes skipping mechanics. I think in order for the "challenge" aspect to be persevered and highlighted in the dungeon, the health of the bosses should be increases to reflect this 50k Item Level Challenge

Other Things I Noticed:
    - With no health Regen, healing companions, armor enchant and weapon enchants that heal bypass this. Is this intended?
    - With no Revives, Soulforge works. Is this intended?
    - Is there a higher chance at getting premium rewards in Reapers Challenge since its "more difficult" ?

@noworries#8859

Challenging to who?

Just because it wasn't a challenge for your group doesn't mean that it's not going to be a challenge for the majority of players.

Look at Demogorgon, you have groups clearing it in >5 mins meanwhile when I use the public queue 2/3 times I am put into empty Demogorgon's that wasted 20 peoples time. Those people weren't having fun, trust me. (and plenty of pre formed fail as well)

Not everything has to be a struggle bus where fewer people are having fun than are having fun.

x10110100 said:

nova#2306 said:

Reapers Challenge Day 2 - Pirate Kings Retreat
    Group Composition: Arcanist Wizard, Hunter Ranger, Soulweave Warlock, Justicar Paladin, Thaumaturge Wizard
    Item Levels: 50k - 59k

- At 50k Item Level the dungeon doesn't reflect the difficulty in regards to the item level
    - Health of bosses need to be increased. I say this because with this being considered a "challenge" there's no challenge if you can still blow through the entire dungeon in less than 10 minutes skipping mechanics. I think in order for the "challenge" aspect to be persevered and highlighted in the dungeon, the health of the bosses should be increases to reflect this 50k Item Level Challenge

Other Things I Noticed:
    - With no health Regen, healing companions, armor enchant and weapon enchants that heal bypass this. Is this intended?
    - With no Revives, Soulforge works. Is this intended?
    - Is there a higher chance at getting premium rewards in Reapers Challenge since its "more difficult" ?

@noworries#8859

Challenging to who?

Just because it wasn't a challenge for your group doesn't mean that it's not going to be a challenge for the majority of players.

Look at Demogorgon, you have groups clearing it in >5 mins meanwhile when I use the public queue 2/3 times I am put into empty Demogorgon's that wasted 20 peoples time. Those people weren't having fun, trust me. (and plenty of pre formed fail as well)

Not everything has to be a struggle bus where fewer people are having fun than are having fun.

Did you have trouble with the dungeon in question (Pirate King's Retreat)?

You really can't compare dungeons with each other based only on item level. Otherwise ToMM and ZC would be in the random trial queue. Knowing the communities track record with Pirate King Retreat, I am not surprised that it is on the easy side when scaled up to 50k. Each dungeon is going to need some adjusting to get the right feel.
  • aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    @noworries#8859

A new little report about second, third and fourth dungeon of this new challenge.

2° DUNGEON - Pirate King's Retreat
    Here the record of the dungeon by NOVA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbHSmBQ6qpM&t=0s

Generally feedback
    Mobs are scaled to 50k IL, but the dungeon was INCREDIBLE EASY. Speedrun, with an endgame group. No problem in every place of dungeon.
    If that was intedend, then ok. If not intendend, then increase the dmg and the HP for mobs and bosses at least by 50%

Last boss have 4milion hp, and in the video you can see how we literally burn him.
    If want that dungeon will be more harder, than you know what it needs.

3° DUNGEON - Spellplague Caverns

Here the record of the dungeon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqi1Lr_7VAM&t=1s

Generally Feedback
    This dungeon is perfect balance for this queue. Mobs are hitting right, bosses a little bit to much (but I think its good that a boss can oneshot a dps).

clear run, only some troubles at second boss but they could be avoided with some more focus.

No feedback.

4° DUNGEON - Temple of the spider
    Here the record of the dungeon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxO7rW86UuA&t=10s

Like Pirate Kings Retreat, it was really so easy.
    No problem for all the runs, even if someone us died but we had the condition of no revives.

As Pirate Kings Retreat, you should buff hp bosses and mobs by 50% , and mobs and bosses dmg at least by 30%.

"The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
  • kors#9447 kors Member Posts: 110 Arc User

I actually disagree with you on many points. I'm and endgamer as well (54k IL), but honestly I would not run the content if rewards are like you suggested (BtA, Titles and capes).
    I'm sick of BtA or BtC rewards from anything. Being endgame and keep being endgame has a cost of time, effort and resources. Also, RNG in NW is insanely bad and if you aren't lucky you are nowhere near to get what you need.
    With this being said, I do agree that rewards need an improvement but, from my point of view, many things you suggested are a bit nosense to be in rewards table. Titles? To do what?

However, I like the idea of adding to the rewards table also Event Consumables, Capes, Enchantment Choice Pack (Armor and Weapon), as example. Moreover, I would like to see a wider choice in terms of pets in the pets pack.
    For the ones of us who plays multiple characters is a help to improve them all and make viable for more advanced contents.
    Also, the chance of getting from a shop with currency you can earn by playing stuff you weren't lucky to get because of RNG is nice and I think rewards in this way have much more sense than just run again and again and hope you'll get what you are looking for.
    kors#9447 said:

I actually disagree with you on many points. I'm and endgamer as well (54k IL), but honestly I would not run the content if rewards are like you suggested (BtA, Titles and capes).
    I'm sick of BtA or BtC rewards from anything. Being endgame and keep being endgame has a cost of time, effort and resources. Also, RNG in NW is insanely bad and if you aren't lucky you are nowhere near to get what you need.
    With this being said, I do agree that rewards need an improvement but, from my point of view, many things you suggested are a bit nosense to be in rewards table. Titles? To do what?

However, I like the idea of adding to the rewards table also Event Consumables, Capes, Enchantment Choice Pack (Armor and Weapon), as example. Moreover, I would like to see a wider choice in terms of pets in the pets pack.
    For the ones of us who plays multiple characters is a help to improve them all and make viable for more advanced contents.
    Also, the chance of getting from a shop with currency you can earn by playing stuff you weren't lucky to get because of RNG is nice and I think rewards in this way have much more sense than just run again and again and hope you'll get what you are looking for.
    I think you are still missing some more of items to max out. I believe most of the end gamer out there is sitting on 60k~63k IL, and that they don't really need anything much but achievements and challenges in the game. I don't think making the items on NPC unbound is a good idea, for it just going to be some another AD pool for possible abuse or exploit in the future, and could destroy the market, just like the enchantments and bondings from the PVP season rewards. Everyone's line "unlucky RNG", if you feel that, then perhaps you're not farming well enough, you need to do more. And that unbound items should really be coming from the chests, at any trials or dungeons even it is a featured one of Reaper's Challenge.
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2021

I think you are still missing some more of items to max out. I believe most of the end gamer out there is sitting on 60k~63k IL, and that they don't really need anything much but achievements and challenges in the game. I don't think making the items on NPC unbound is a good idea, for it just going to be some another AD pool for possible abuse or exploit in the future, and could destroy the market, just like the enchantments and bondings from the PVP season rewards. Everyone's line "unlucky RNG", if you feel that, then perhaps you're not farming well enough, you need to do more. And that unbound items should really be coming from the chests, at any trials or dungeons even it is a featured one of Reaper's Challenge.

If you think that most end game players are sitting between 60-63kil you're delusional. Most players can't get or have the money to buy the insignia powder or Greater Shards to get their Mount Collars and Insignias to Mythic Level. Heck most of us can't even get most of our Collars to Legendary because of the Greater Shards. They don't drop enough and there's no easy way to get the 2500 Insignia powder necessary to get 15 Insignias to Mythic. If you wanna know why majority of us are sitting between 54-58kil it's because of those. @noworries#8859 look into making those easier to get and you'll have more players more interested.

One concern brought up is people leaving to use consumables or using food consumables before entering. We will be looking into/considering dispelling consumable buffs when inside the dungeon.

Custom rewards - fashion, transmutes, visual types of rewards take longer to make due to the art aspect. While we did plan to add these types of rewards in the future, to get this feature live we started with existing rewards.

Please don't look into this. Almost no one in my alliance is going to be able to do this in the first place because of the 50k il heck I lost half of the players available to do RTQ when the requirement got raised to 40k. Which is sad because it was the best way for lower ilevel players get AD and Seals because they were being helped by the higher ilevel players and we can't do that anymore. And even worse is the only reason it was raised was because Demogorgon became harder and drops one better set while the other three trials still drop their worthless gear or in the case of Svardborg three chests with special MoP noone uses anymore. All rewards should have been made better to justify the higher IL not just one of them. Before I hear hardcore players talk about "Get Good" not everything has to be "Darks Souls" levels of difficulty. This is an MMO and most people play this for the purpose of connecting with friends and playing with them. And if it becomes impossible to play because it becomes too hard for the purpose of playing with friends unless everyone is hardcore you'll have majority of your player base just ignore the Reaper Challenge.

If you think that most end game players are sitting between 60-63kil you're delusional. Most players can't get or have the money to buy the insignia powder or Greater Shards to get their Mount Collars and Insignias to Mythic Level. Heck most of us can't even get most of our Collars to Legendary because of the Greater Shards. They don't drop enough and there's no easy way to get the 2500 Insignia powder necessary to get 15 Insignias to Mythic. If you wanna know why majority of us are sitting between 54-58kil it's because of those. @noworries#8859 look into making those easier to get and you'll have more players more interested.

One concern brought up is people leaving to use consumables or using food consumables before entering. We will be looking into/considering dispelling consumable buffs when inside the dungeon.

Custom rewards - fashion, transmutes, visual types of rewards take longer to make due to the art aspect. While we did plan to add these types of rewards in the future, to get this feature live we started with existing rewards.

Please don't look into this. Almost no one in my alliance is going to be able to do this in the first place because of the 50k il heck I lost half of the players available to do RTQ when the requirement got raised to 40k. Which is sad because it was the best way for lower ilevel players get AD and Seals because they were being helped by the higher ilevel players and we can't do that anymore. And even worse is the only reason it was raised was because Demogorgon became harder and drops one better set while the other three trials still drop their worthless gear or in the case of Svardborg three chests with special MoP noone uses anymore. All rewards should have been made better to justify the higher IL not just one of them. Before I hear hardcore players talk about "Get Good" not everything has to be "Darks Souls" levels of difficulty. This is an MMO and most people play this for the purpose of connecting with friends and playing with them. And if it becomes impossible to play because it becomes too hard for the purpose of playing with friends unless everyone is hardcore you'll have majority of your player base just ignore the Reaper Challenge.
    This game at "hardcore" is easy mode for any other MMO. NOTHING in the game even comes close to "Dark Souls level of difficulty". This community is really bad about anything that is more difficult than a simple Tank and Spank and raises a loud commotion and gives up on a single wipe.

Just because something has a high item level requirement, doesn't mean it's for hardcore only. It's the same level of difficulty and the base dungeon, just with more HP and damage and some minor debuffs or limitation on powers/items that players in the normal dungeons hardly ever use anyways. This is just content for players who have played the game for more than a year or two, and gives rewards that is mostly useful for alts.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    Don't run content that's not fun for you / content you cannot do due to lack of time, lack of motivation, or other restrictions.
    It's as simple as that. Not everything has to be casual friendly (and I say that as a filthy casual myself) but that does not mean you cannot have fun.
    The problem is that there is just not MUCH new content at all - so if you wait for a long time for M15, people that want something like M17 would be disappointed and opposite around... simply because the wait is long and you want something new. So... collect your NW friends in a discord and go play something else if they don't release something you want to play.
    - bye bye -
  • nova#2306 nova Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    Curious as to why in the most recent Preview patch, the shards of empowerment and greater shards of empowerment cost the same?
    Nlogo
    Nova - Thaumaturge Wizard
    Bardtholomew - Minstrel Bard
    Mariah Carries - Devout Cleric
    Darth Bane - Thaumaturge Wizard on Xbox
    Neverwinter's Prophet - MMO Specialist
    Discord YoutubeTwitterTwitch
    nova#2306 said:

Curious as to why in the most recent Preview patch, the shards of empowerment and greater shards of empowerment cost the same?

I second this, wondering why the currency requirement is just the same. Imagine the epic shard costs 200 AD or free on the ground vs legendary shard costs 160k-180k AD on Auction House.

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

kors#9447 said:

1. End-game and BiS are not equivalent, one can do all end-game and not be maxed out. In many cases maxed out is not really worth the time, since the cost is not linear.

2. To have working economy, people with Zen need something to buy for AD. Historically those were unbound items, usually gear. So regardless of where it comes from, while there is always a risk of abuse that should be mitigated, unbound items play large part in balancing the ZAX which state we can see now..
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    @noworries#8859

please check taroka card description for some ideas for modifiers:

- such as tank have 100% more aggro radius,
    - enemies damage applie poison to you,
    - when player uses damage with at-will they take some damage,
    - theres a chance werewolfs packs will hunt you,
    - chance when killing enemies ghosts will spawn,
    - when player dies they spawn as ghost for few secs and then respawns at campfire(no res possible),
    - enemies have +100% more hp,
    - enemies deal +100% more damage,
    - when using daily power player is stunned for 3 secs,
    - encounter powers cooldown is doubled,
    - mounts combat power cooldown doubled,
    - active artifact cooldown doubled,
    - players power and defense decreased by 10%
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    I do love what you have put in the shop, even if I don't understand why epic and legendary shards have the same value...
    These rewards will allow people to upgrade their characters and alts more easily .
    For more currencies (30?), you could consider adding a coalescent ward to the shop.

There is just one thing that puzzles me: the usual gear score requirement will be 50K+ and only a few dungeons will have a lesser requirement. I would suggest to increase a bit the frequency of the lesser gs requirement, so that non-endgame players, i.e the ones that are really struggling to upgrade basically everything on their toons, can have a better chance to progress and keep their motivation to play.
    Being able to play together more often (endgame and mid-game players) will also avoid the feeling of discrimination.
    Post edited by werdandi#8366 on
    edited October 2021
    x10110100 said:

Typical "me only" replies. It's always the same thing, the most hardcore best in slot people want everything to only be for them.

arazith07 said:

This game at "hardcore" is easy mode for any other MMO. NOTHING in the game even comes close to "Dark Souls level of difficulty". This community is really bad about anything that is more difficult than a simple Tank and Spank and raises a loud commotion and gives up on a single wipe.

Just because something has a high item level requirement, doesn't mean it's for hardcore only. It's the same level of difficulty and the base dungeon, just with more HP and damage and some minor debuffs or limitation on powers/items that players in the normal dungeons hardly ever use anyways. This is just content for players who have played the game for more than a year or two, and gives rewards that is mostly useful for alts.
    Typical "me only" reply.

If there is more HP, Damage, Debuffs, ect. it's clearly not the same level of difficulty at all. Why make rewards only for people who by your own admission don't even need them? Item level has become little more than a gate to keep people who actually need things from being able to get them.

Seriously? This is no where near being a "me only" reply. What is wrong with having content that is meant for players that are actually in the endgame? This game is always lacking content for the top 1/3 or 1/4 of the available gear level.

You having levelling content that brings you to 20k and Random Dungeons, then you add in Random skirmishes, and the majority of all the campaign maps, the rest of the adventurer paths, events and most trials.
    30k opens up Random Advanced Dungeons, Avernus maps, ToMM, Baby ZC
    35K ZC
    40K Sharandar and Random Trials
    45k VoS
    So what is there for those who reach 50k-65k item level? That is a HUGE gap of content! Yet there are a ton of people claiming that everything is aimed at BiS/elite/hardcore/endgame players.

For the record, I am not BiS or hardcore. I am simply a casual player (50k iL) who loves the Forgotten Realms setting.
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    arazith07 said:

You having levelling content that brings you to 20k and Random Dungeons, then you add in Random skirmishes, and the majority of all the campaign maps, the rest of the adventurer paths, events and most trials.
    30k opens up Random Advanced Dungeons, Avernus maps, ToMM (Have you ever done Tomm to think a 30k gs can even survive or carry his weight here??), Baby ZC
    35K ZC (35k gs is a dead weight in master ZC)
    40K Sharandar and Random Trials
    45k VoS
    So what is there for those who reach 50k-65k item level? That is a HUGE gap of content! . (lol not really: once you reach 50k, you are suitable for everything)

For the record, I am not BiS or hardcore. I am simply a casual player (50k iL) who loves the Forgotten Realms setting Bold">(don't pretend to know the truth then, you have upgraded before the last rtq change, so easy diamonds). s

Actually the current most important difficulty for upgrading is more between 35k to 45k gs. After, you will be of course less efficient than a maxed-out player, but you can do the job (even if yes, it will take long before you reach the super maxed out status).
    So definitely players between 30k and 50k need to be taken into account because they are at a critical stage.
    And of course other endgame players can keep on maxing out their characters with fancy items.