test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AD hike on re-rolls gives a bad look to the company

rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
I don't normally use reroll tokens because I stopped doing VIP and more or less buying zen at all for a while now so don't have the luxury of using them. However we recently got 20 free ones so I used them, max on each run, and I noted that on the first opening of the chest you get a certain amount of AD, after the next reroll it goes up and after that it goes up again and stays higher on the other rerolls. It did this consistently every single time. It's not a good look for the company that people who don't use tokens and just accept the initial selection offered get an inferior choice than those who pay to buy reroll tokens via VIP. Rerolls should really just randomly swap around things with good items dropping here and there, that's fine, but the AD hike which stays in place permanently only when you use a token seems rather like a cash grab and is a bad look.
Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.

Comments

• melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    I generally do not bother with it anymore because most times it does not seem to change anything except for rAD and the random item drop which is almost never for the toon I am playing.

I have started doing RADQ and in that undermountain one it appears to have no affect at all (except to change the quantities) on what you get so I no longer bother with that one anymore.

Now, when I do use it, it is generally in a dungeon where I want a specific item type and I know the drop rate is high in the dungeon or skirmish I am in so I use it if I have to.

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Yeah I think you just had a bit of luck with the increasing AD, I often find the first option has the best AD and everything is downhill after.

I think that if you use rerolls on a chest, you should be allowed to pick which one you want. To be able to scroll back and forth between the 5 rolls and select which offers the most.

That would also boost the popularity & viability of reroll tokens.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Well I only had the 20 reroll tokens so it wasn't an extensive amount of rerolls and I only was doing CN chest so not a variety of chests so it's kind of limited, but I know what I saw. Each and every time the initial AD amount with no reroll was on the low side, it increased on the first reroll by about 1-2k and then went up to around 7-10k on all subsequent rerolls and stayed there. It never dropped below 7k after re-rolling and definitely never dropped back to the initial level.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    So we talk about 4 tests?

20 /5.....
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    I re-roll a lot and tend to have the opposite experience. Usually the AD I see on first opening a chest is the best I get offered. (Not always but usually). But to be fair I re-roll for items not AD. So nice AD rolls are nice but I'm in it for the goodies.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

So we talk about 4 tests?

20 /5.....

The first one is free, so he checked on 5 chests.
    In my case, at the last roll the value of ad is the lowest.
    And I tested on hundreds of re-rolls, not 20.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .

Well I only had the 20 reroll tokens so it wasn't an extensive amount of rerolls and I only was doing CN chest so not a variety of chests so it's kind of limited, but I know what I saw. Each and every time the initial AD amount with no reroll was on the low side, it increased on the first reroll by about 1-2k and then went up to around 7-10k on all subsequent rerolls and stayed there. It never dropped below 7k after re-rolling and definitely never dropped back to the initial level.

I'm not doubting you at all mate, I believe that's what happened to you. I've had that happen as well but when it does I consider myself lucky.

Up until the last set of changes I was running trials every day (plus dungeons on Sundays) and I nearly always reroll the chest and have spent roughly 1k reroll tokens. In my experience, the majority of chests have decreasing rewards but sometimes they increase.

Imagine the post you would've written had that happened to you instead!

That's why I suggested allowing players to pick which reroll option they want to take - the tokens would be much more attractive.

"Imagine the post you would've written had that happened to you instead!"

If that had happened to me I would have assumed that I got lucky on the first rolls and it was true RNG. Even with the limited number of rolls I did it acted exactly the same each time I did a chest and was a little too consistent.

"Imagine the post you would've written had that happened to you instead!"

If that had happened to me I would have assumed that I got lucky on the first rolls and it was true RNG. Even with the limited number of rolls I did it acted exactly the same each time I did a chest and was a little too consistent.

Well it is possible they've recently changed things to make the AD escalate with each reroll, I guess we'll see as people give more feedback on new rerolls. I haven't run any dungeons or trials since the RTQ change so I can't say.

Well I've used up my tokens and won't doing any more, I'm back to the tiny amounts again. I haven't seen a 7k since I stopped, let alone a 10k.
    edited October 2021
    (Because it works both ways, -yea this is to you who ridiculed me for only doing such a small amount of rerolls- I only did a handful of rerolls sure, but I grind that dungeon until my fingers bleed, it's my fave, I run it for hours over and over nonstop so I am still opening a cr@pton of chests in it and just as able to monitor it from one end of the equation as the other. If it was truly natural RNG I would see the initial amount with no reroll vary and go up high to 7k or more sometimes. Not happening. That's my point.)