test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kudos to Devs for Demogorgon Rework

onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
Wanted to praise the developers for the Demogorgon rework.

Demogorgon takes groups 15 to 30 minutes to complete, depending on how well equipt the DPS are and how well they pay attention to mechanics. I hear lots of melee DPS complain when Demo is being kited, because they don't seem to understand that Demo stops periodically to cast his AEs and you are supposed to unload DPS on him then.

Understanding the mechanics is key to success. I have done the trial dozens of times as a healer, tank and DPS. If groups ignore the portals in phase 3, you get overwhelmed. The 4 times my groups have failed have been due to this.

HUGE kudos to the developers for not making demo require a DPS check. While better equipt DPS makes the trial faster, it is not required for a successful completion. That Demo is a skill check is GREAT! Please make more content like this.

Comments

• datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    yea - its cool :)
    done it for 9 mins, done it for 30 mins also :)
    I don't like that it depreciates my mouse so much.
    the monsters could have 20% less hp, if I would change something...
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    onodrain said:

Wanted to praise the developers for the Demogorgon rework.

Demogorgon takes groups 15 to 30 minutes to complete, depending on how well equipt the DPS are and how well they pay attention to mechanics. I hear lots of melee DPS complain when Demo is being kited, because they don't seem to understand that Demo stops periodically to cast his AEs and you are supposed to unload DPS on him then.

Understanding the mechanics is key to success. I have done the trial dozens of times as a healer, tank and DPS. If groups ignore the portals in phase 3, you get overwhelmed. The 4 times my groups have failed have been due to this.

HUGE kudos to the developers for not making demo require a DPS check. While better equipt DPS makes the trial faster, it is not required for a successful completion. That Demo is a skill check is GREAT! Please make more content like this.

I like it too - but in reality phase 3 is long long old DPS check... kind of. If you dont have the DPS to take out the portals with 2 dps [1 each side] its usually a fail as the battle takes so long ppl run out of lives or if tank or heal perma dies its a wipe.

Thats OK though, i just think it should come out of RTQ for a while as ALliance RTQs and RTQs in general are a bit of a mess right now, let alone PUGs.

Typical PUG example fails with DEMO at 80% health or more in phase 3 due to attrition of dps or a healer/tank death.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    My point of view:
    1. They should have fixed the second phase prior the release - Goristo should not reconsider the jumps if he does not feel like it, he should not take his time to jump back, the portals should do what they are supposed to do.
    2. It is not supposed to be in RTQ. At 40k IL and with such a dps check in the 3rd phase you are much more likely to finish TOMM or BBZ - why would you push forcibly the hardest content to the biggest suckers? (no offence, I am part of that foolish group that runs randoms not as a fully pre-made 50k+)
    3. The demo de-buff mechanics is a straight down overblown and bad idea - you can say even by the 6th stack going straight to overflow. =) Personally, I would increase the demo damage slightly and massively reduced the de-buff.
    However, another way would be to at least help us keep the track: after second stack - keep the purple link between demo and target player permanently up and visible for everyone (just visuals). That way... people would notice.

Generally, the rework made sense of the first phase, the second phase did not get fixed, and the third one needs fine-tuning. Not a bad job - if it have not taken the RTQ system down.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    The rework of demo is nice for higher end players. It however removes the RTQ from newer players as a pathway to progress through the game and improve. The stacks on demo need a rework also as the damage on them stacks too quickly and doesn't make sense. Need better visuals on that if you want to promote tanks swapping aggro as a mechanic.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    My suggestion: Take the current Demo out of RTQ and put the old one back in (most recent old, not old old) exactly as it was as a training version so new under-geared players can learn the general mechanics for later and be better prepared when they do the proper one at endgame, and have the current one as a standalone top-level trial. Make it as hard and grueling as you like and even add-in new mechanics which make it even more of a challenge. This would be kind of like it used to be with nDemo and eDemo but they would be split into different parts of the game. Some things from the past were good ideas and had merit, not everything needs to be totally scrapped. -Take from the past and improve on it for the future, don't just scrap everything completely because it's old. Easy and hard versions of the same things have their place and especially considering the game is trying to attract new players who don't know what they're doing and those players are making up more and more of the playerbase now, it could be a very useful and practical approach to relieve the angst of existing advanced players. You could even extend this to other endgame top-level trials and create simpler easier versions for the daily random queues destined for new players as sort of training exercises for later on, this way they would not land fresh into something and have no idea on how it worked and upset those who run it all the time and cause more and more fails. A well-organized and smooth run is a dream come true for players and makes them happy (which is what the company wants), to have this you need players who know what they're doing and easier versions earlier-on would enable this to happen better.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    Phase 1 takes twice as long as phase 2 and 3 combined. Would be nice if we could speed up phase 1.