test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Masterwork Professions Vol. VI & VII

13»

Comments

  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 462 Arc User
    Still no lvl 6 recipes from artisan, or anyone in Sharandar, so that we can make requirements, to get lvl 6 recipes from quest givers in sharandar. x2 professions coming up, and many would at least like to see new recipes and what will be available in new mod, and things they might need in new mod. If not going to be fixed on preview, could it at least be posted what new gear will be, and materials needed?
  • alquimistgg#0914 alquimistgg Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    chiatzou said:

    All those who have the current level of Mastercraft have spent millions in other ways. The amount of AD on the server is very high. Right now a person progressing can use Level 80 artisans which have better stats. It is much easier now to complete MW than it was in the past. It needs to be difficult. If not then it should not be called Mastercrafting. If anyone can make the newest end game items the reasoning behind getting BIS artisans etc would be pointless.

    I don't see a problem with it being difficult to make MW, the only thing that really bothers me a lot is the fact that nibel 80 revenues are stronger than MW revenues. the fact that MW is linked to the guild is a bit inconvenient as mentioned by the colleague above, but it's not a problem for me.
  • alquimistgg#0914 alquimistgg Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    rikitaki said:

    @chiatzou Let me rephrase: The masterwork 1-whatever is just a tedious, pointless filler... up to the last generation, which finally offers something with some potential. I do not argue if the process should be expensive or not, but if something is expensive, it should be worth it. And all those steps are not giving you anything, only the final one does.

    When MWIV was the last iteration, access to it allowed you crafting something of value. Now it is just a filler. And no, especially in MWIV lvl80 artisans and tools do not make it easier, those make it harder... because you make too much of +1 variants that you cannot use/sell for anything at all. Back in the days you were glad because you were able to sell those items for a lot... but those days are gone.

    Again, I am not arguing if something should be hard or easy, but if something is hard, it should provide some value in return. And that is where masterwork fails - you are just dumping resources with no visible goal. You start with "do this a lot of time and access inferior recipes to those that are already in your possession," then you move through a phase "only those trying to push the MW actually care," to the stage "oh, is there even any use for this?"

    At the start of the MW idea, (or atm if you already have the previous iteration,) you invested resources and patience with a clear pass to some desired crafting ability. It surely was not an easy or a cheap pass, but you had it just in front of you.
    But if you start MW from scratch now, you first stand in front of a massive - accumulated - time/resources wall that does not provide you with anything useful at all.

    I totally agree with you, and for me it's all the fault of the leveling up of the profession that brought the level 80 revenue being higher than the MW revenue. If by placing the level 80 recipes being higher than the level 70 recipes and lower than the MW1 recipes, the general state of the profession would be much better, we would still have some use for MW items that were not just useless items that are mostly useless. just needed to go higher in MW to its last level.

    Level 70 alchemy potions are rank 6
    Level 80 alchemy potions are rank 10
    MW 1 alchemy potions are rank 7

    I wonder how many times you looked at this in your development phase and thought it was correct.

  • chiatzouchiatzou Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    > @rikitaki said:
    > @chiatzou Let me rephrase: The masterwork 1-whatever is just a tedious, pointless filler... up to the last generation, which finally offers something with some potential. I do not argue if the process should be expensive or not, but if something is expensive, it should be worth it. And all those steps are not giving you anything, only the final one does.
    >
    > When MWIV was the last iteration, access to it allowed you crafting something of value. Now it is just a filler. And no, especially in MWIV lvl80 artisans and tools do not make it easier, those make it harder... because you make too much of +1 variants that you cannot use/sell for anything at all. Back in the days you were glad because you were able to sell those items for a lot... but those days are gone.
    >
    > Again, I am not arguing if something should be hard or easy, but if something is hard, it should provide some value in return. And that is where masterwork fails - you are just dumping resources with no visible goal. You start with "do this a lot of time and access inferior recipes to those that are already in your possession," then you move through a phase "only those trying to push the MW actually care," to the stage "oh, is there even any use for this?"
    >
    > At the start of the MW idea, (or atm if you already have the previous iteration,) you invested resources and patience with a clear pass to some desired crafting ability. It surely was not an easy or a cheap pass, but you had it just in front of you.
    > But if you start MW from scratch now, you first stand in front of a massive - accumulated - time/resources wall that does not provide you with anything useful at all.

    The fact that gold wire has ways been needed since MW1 it has always allowed people the ability to make astral diamonds. If someone needs certain materials you can craft them and sell them. You can even try to craft the non plus +1 versions of items and sell those for a high markup for people who want to complete. Craft up the Titansteel items that are needed as a non plus +1 and sell those to people. There are ways to make AD from it but it requires dedication. I think keeping the tiered system let’s people who want to farm for the original materials an ability to make AD. The original charts are still rerollable by the way. The game does not require you to finish old content to access new content dungeon wise. Mastercraft is also a great AD and item sink which the game needs to help with inflation.
  • alquimistgg#0914 alquimistgg Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    chiatzou said:

    > @rikitaki said:
    > @chiatzou Let me rephrase: The masterwork 1-whatever is just a tedious, pointless filler... up to the last generation, which finally offers something with some potential. I do not argue if the process should be expensive or not, but if something is expensive, it should be worth it. And all those steps are not giving you anything, only the final one does.
    >
    > When MWIV was the last iteration, access to it allowed you crafting something of value. Now it is just a filler. And no, especially in MWIV lvl80 artisans and tools do not make it easier, those make it harder... because you make too much of +1 variants that you cannot use/sell for anything at all. Back in the days you were glad because you were able to sell those items for a lot... but those days are gone.
    >
    > Again, I am not arguing if something should be hard or easy, but if something is hard, it should provide some value in return. And that is where masterwork fails - you are just dumping resources with no visible goal. You start with "do this a lot of time and access inferior recipes to those that are already in your possession," then you move through a phase "only those trying to push the MW actually care," to the stage "oh, is there even any use for this?"
    >
    > At the start of the MW idea, (or atm if you already have the previous iteration,) you invested resources and patience with a clear pass to some desired crafting ability. It surely was not an easy or a cheap pass, but you had it just in front of you.
    > But if you start MW from scratch now, you first stand in front of a massive - accumulated - time/resources wall that does not provide you with anything useful at all.

    The fact that gold wire has ways been needed since MW1 it has always allowed people the ability to make astral diamonds. If someone needs certain materials you can craft them and sell them. You can even try to craft the non plus +1 versions of items and sell those for a high markup for people who want to complete. Craft up the Titansteel items that are needed as a non plus +1 and sell those to people. There are ways to make AD from it but it requires dedication. I think keeping the tiered system let’s people who want to farm for the original materials an ability to make AD. The original charts are still rerollable by the way. The game does not require you to finish old content to access new content dungeon wise. Mastercraft is also a great AD and item sink which the game needs to help with inflation.

    maybe you don't know, but +1 items can be converted to regular items with just 2 clicks, this has been implemented for some time. Yes, MW is still an AD source just because there are hopeful people in this system and they like professional systems enough to want to evolve this and not because it's a system that brings relevant items to players.
  • chiatzouchiatzou Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    > @alquimistgg#0914 said:
    > maybe you don't know, but +1 items can be converted to regular items with just 2 clicks, this has been implemented for some time. Yes, MW is still an AD source just because there are hopeful people in this system and they like professional systems enough to want to evolve this and not because it's a system that brings relevant items to players.

    +1 farmed items not crafted items. You can make gold ore plus 1 into regular gold ore but you cannot make a +1 weapon into a regular weapon. If that was the case the regular ones would not have such a high price compared. Tell me you are not a mastercrafter without telling me you are not a mastercrafter.
  • alquimistgg#0914 alquimistgg Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    chiatzou said:

    > @alquimistgg#0914 said:
    > maybe you don't know, but +1 items can be converted to regular items with just 2 clicks, this has been implemented for some time. Yes, MW is still an AD source just because there are hopeful people in this system and they like professional systems enough to want to evolve this and not because it's a system that brings relevant items to players.

    +1 farmed items not crafted items. You can make gold ore plus 1 into regular gold ore but you cannot make a +1 weapon into a regular weapon. If that was the case the regular ones would not have such a high price compared. Tell me you are not a mastercrafter without telling me you are not a mastercrafter.

    all crafted items that go to the craft inventory because of this reduction, not just for the collected resources. in fact equipment (which goes to the common inventory) cannot actually go through this transformation process from +1 to regular items, however this only reinforces what I said earlier, the AD that rotates in the market in search of these regular items are mostly traded by players who like the profession with a focus on advancing the evolution of the system itself in the hope that it will one day be useful, the other items are useless and this is the problem with the system currently, and will probably last in M21. The fact that +1 items have no output by themselves is already an issue and shows how irrelevant items are to the game currently. a +1 weapon sells for 100k while a regular one sells for 1kk, I can't say that's right and it's only because the quest is actually just for quest completion. to say that this moves the market as some say to me is a little exaggerated
  • chiatzouchiatzou Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    > @alquimistgg#0914 said:
    > all crafted items that go to the craft inventory because of this reduction, not just for the collected resources. in fact equipment (which goes to the common inventory) cannot actually go through this transformation process from +1 to regular items, however this only reinforces what I said earlier, the AD that rotates in the market in search of these regular items are mostly traded by players who like the profession with a focus on advancing the evolution of the system itself in the hope that it will one day be useful, the other items are useless and this is the problem with the system currently, and will probably last in M21. The fact that +1 items have no output by themselves is already an issue and shows how irrelevant items are to the game currently. a +1 weapon sells for 100k while a regular one sells for 1kk, I can't say that's right and it's only because the quest is actually just for quest completion. to say that this moves the market as some say to me is a little exaggerated

    I have millions upon millions crafting leveling up items for other people. The resources are outdated for making new stuff in general so it is the equivalent of using materials that have little to no value to produce something that has value. The cost of the item is reflected by the difficulty to produce it. If you think something is overpriced compared to something else craft it and sell it. Use a real world capitalism model in game with MC and you can be successful.
  • alquimistgg#0914 alquimistgg Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    chiatzou said:

    > @alquimistgg#0914 said:
    > all crafted items that go to the craft inventory because of this reduction, not just for the collected resources. in fact equipment (which goes to the common inventory) cannot actually go through this transformation process from +1 to regular items, however this only reinforces what I said earlier, the AD that rotates in the market in search of these regular items are mostly traded by players who like the profession with a focus on advancing the evolution of the system itself in the hope that it will one day be useful, the other items are useless and this is the problem with the system currently, and will probably last in M21. The fact that +1 items have no output by themselves is already an issue and shows how irrelevant items are to the game currently. a +1 weapon sells for 100k while a regular one sells for 1kk, I can't say that's right and it's only because the quest is actually just for quest completion. to say that this moves the market as some say to me is a little exaggerated

    I have millions upon millions crafting leveling up items for other people. The resources are outdated for making new stuff in general so it is the equivalent of using materials that have little to no value to produce something that has value. The cost of the item is reflected by the difficulty to produce it. If you think something is overpriced compared to something else craft it and sell it. Use a real world capitalism model in game with MC and you can be successful.

    It's basically what everyone does, but as you said, it's outdated stuff, I'm not saying it's something you can't get any return on, but it sure has a lot less return than it should thanks to level 80 recipes. of level 80 had entered as MW VI instead of revenue 80 the whole system would be better today.

  • salidor#0795 salidor Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Hmm seems there was an update the items in Questdescription are now in german \o/

    Nethertheless i still cant manufacture them, because i dont have the recept VI for make items to get recept VI

    But as masterwork Professions is not mentioned in Jewel of North, im afraid i have to wait much longer to see some progress here :(
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 462 Arc User
    On preview, now on collection it shows the masterwork weapon set for VI-VII. The recipes for lvl VI-VII are still not available, so turnin for the quests in Sharandar for each profession is not possible to get progression, and cant see any recipes or what else will be available or what it will take to make.
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 462 Arc User
    Alchemy now shows the lvl 5 crafted potions under masterwork lvl 4-5, but there are ingredients that can't be found to make them. Tried temp merchants at guild and saw 1 new material in alchemy vendor, but no others. The other professions don't seem to have the lvl 5 update to include things they want to proceed and get lvl 6 recipes.
  • alquimistgg#0914 alquimistgg Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 14

    Help
    Has anyone managed to advance in the MW 6 quest? i took two quests in sharandar that asks to craft things but i don't have access to these items in the workshop.


    Feedback
    Is it really that even with a level update and new recipes coming in will continue to leave the level 80 items, which will be level 20 after att, being better than the MW items? The evolution logic is that the level 19-20 revenues are lower than the MW 1 revenues, as well as the MW revenues are lower than the MW2 revenues.

    In the Alchemy profession only the names of the potions were modified. potions that are called rank 8 in the live are rank 2 in the preview, even need to update the MW 4 quest that asks to craft rank 8 yet, but when making rank 2 is working, just typing problem. However in practice the 19-20 revenues are higher than those of MW 1 and it's been a long time in all professions since the M16 arrived with the increase of the maximum level to 80. Now is the time to solve this problem. it doesn't make sense to have 19-20 revenues being higher than MW5 revenues, it just doesn't make sense. Is the only incentive to release MW revenues just to get to the new 6 and 7 MW? Are we going to keep it working the wrong way?



    The tools, my god, the tools are totally disproportionate as are so many items. I've always been a big user of profession systems in games, it's an area I've always liked, but since the M16 came along we've been a mess with it all. The frustration of receiving each new weapon when moving forward with the MW and realizing that it is MUCH inferior to a basic 19-20 recipe weapon, the frustration is immense, completing the MW5 cookbook and seeing your epic tools is such a pleasure that disappears shortly thereafter when we realize that such tools have proficiency and focus status at 500, while the cobalt tools from the 19-20 recipes have 575, even the gond artifact tool that was once a big highlight for the profession, now are almost the same as cobalt tools.

    an appeal @nitocris83
    Please don't leave it at that, we've been very patient waiting over 2 years since the profession was messed up in the M16, and to see that even with all the changes planned for the M21 we won't have a resolution for these issues is a very sad thing for everyone .

    Even with this topic apparently abandoned by the devs, I will again leave my appeal. Fix the profession problems before launching these new recipes, it's not that complicated, just update the items from the level 20 recipe (formerly level 80) so that they are below MW1, this would help a lot, however the best way I think it would be a rebalancing in the stats of all MW items, so that it follows the logical order of crafted items,
    to actually keep recipes in this order:
    1 - 4
    5 - 8
    9 - 12
    13 - 16
    17 - 18
    19 - 20
    Masterwork I - II
    Masterwork III
    Masterwork IV - V
    Masterwork VI - VII

    Currently the recipes are in this order:
    1 - 4
    5 - 8
    9 - 12
    13 - 16
    17 - 18
    Masterwork I - II
    Masterwork III
    Masterwork IV - V
    19 - 20
    Masterwork VI - VII

    This is very wrong and does away with much of the profession system. I saw that some things went into the preview in this week's patch, I saw for example that some visual things have changed in the alchemy profession, but their orders still remain broken.

    It's no use building another floor on top of a heavily loaded building full of cracks, it's necessary to reinforce its structures before the weight of another floor is placed on it.

    Note: the quests for new recipes are still possible to complete as I can't find the necessary materials in any location.
  • juggarnatha#3498 juggarnatha Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    So, many have stated that it looks like you have to have MW6 recipes to make MW6 stuff, but, if you look at the mats required and compare with the scrolls vendor, I think it might just be that they haven't tied the farmable scroll materials to the recipes accurately yet. At least for the potions for MW6. However, the Blacksmithing quest does look like it wants you to turn in MW6 items in order to craft MW6 items. Maybe that was supposed to be MW 6 to 7 instead of 5 to 6. I want to say that the new crafted weapons are supposed to be MW7 . . . .

    Anyone know how often they update preview? Is it just on a rolling basis?
  • culluket#6919 culluket Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 17
    BUG: (and i know where it comes from, but i DONT KNOW how to make this damned text red :( )

    Alchemie gives the requested quests, now, but with materials that were there ONCE (1-2 Years ago) accidentally for about 12 hours ...
    That was when there were explorers charts for undermountain - maps.

    Dear Programmers / Developers: Please consult your explorers charts for sharandar to chose material for the recepies.
    I can show you the now-requested materials for Alchemy-Potions rank 5 (eg "Marblehorn").

    They do NOT exist in the game (neither preview nor life). It states "can be found in Undermountain" ...
    But you didn´t put Explorers charts for Untermountain in the game!

    (If any kind soul could somehow explain to me, how to make this text red, please do so!
    I have the impression it wont be read by the people that should know about the problems, if its not colored correctly.)
    Post edited by culluket#6919 on
  • zularosezularose Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Bug: @nitocris83 can we get any updates for the mastercraft? even if it is going to be delayed, or you guys are still working on it? we are feeling a bit abandoned. Mastercraft is a huge deal for many, even if they don't post; I get asked daily if the new weapons will be worth it. any feedback at this point would be appreciated.

    also... still no way to do any of the quests to obtain the recipes.... because they require you to make items with the new recipes that we cannot see. are we going to see those eventually unlock as a temporary thing to craft? or will it be replaced with older items that are craftable at rank 5? everyone is having an anxiety attack wondering if we will be able to enjoy the new mod or not.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Jewelcrafting quest for the VI-VII recipes books is still requiring items not available to be crafted.
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    This isn't a bug as much as an annoyance. Why is the last stop for the Explorer's chart in Icespire Peak all the way up on Lakkar's axe? I know the map before had big distances but was hoping you would fix that some with the new ones. It should really be near the Healing Camp that got destroyed. Also this may be a bug but the Explorer's chart for The Chasm doesn't direct you to the one closest to the beginning but towards one like halfway down the slope first. Also again the last spot (this one on the tip of the outcropping near the gate) Is off the normal map space and is horrific to try to find and the sparkly line doesn't direct you to it correctly because it is off the map.
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    @nitocris83 is there any update on this? It's fine if the answer is we're still working on it. But an update and a timeline would be great. The Mod has been out for almost 7 weeks now and nothing no word or anything and there's still the bug with the Ruins map
  • zularosezularose Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Bug: @nitocris83 can we get any updates for the mastercraft? even if it is going to be delayed, or you guys are still working on it? we are feeling a bit abandoned. Mastercraft is a huge deal for many, even if they don't post; I get asked daily if the new weapons will be worth it. any feedback at this point would be appreciated.

  • zularosezularose Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    did we get ghosted? lol
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Totally ghosted
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 462 Arc User
    zularose said:

    did we get ghosted? lol

    Feels that way
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 462 Arc User
    Any update on new masterwork? Been 4 months since it was announced, and a few months since it was pulled off preview. Any update would be appreciated.
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    @nitocris83 @crypticpop#7861 @cryptic39#8917 any update on this? Us mastercrafters feel abandoned and distraught over 4 months of no news. Especially since it's Guildmark weekend and the question is "are the material maps for Sharandar worth buying or are you getting rid of it like you did Undermountain.
  • crypticpop#7861 crypticpop Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 9 Cryptic Developer

    @nitocris83 @crypticpop#7861 @cryptic39#8917 any update on this? Us mastercrafters feel abandoned and distraught over 4 months of no news. Especially since it's Guildmark weekend and the question is "are the material maps for Sharandar worth buying or are you getting rid of it like you did Undermountain.

    Unfortunately I've got no clue on the masterwork stuff (fairly new to the team still), but looks like you already got your answer a few hours later :)

    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1263122/official-masterwork-professions-changes
Sign In or Register to comment.