test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Mail icon will not go away

demonikhandemonikhan Member Posts: 38 Arc User
I have no mail in any of my mailboxes, but the new mail icon is always up on screen.

Comments

• juniperwuf#9831 juniperwuf Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    Same here. Login, do a mail, claim mail on another character, new mail icon will not go away.
  • destrion#3156 destrion Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    We have the same issue on pc, sending a mail to yoruself and opening temporarily fixes it but it just comes back again.

I'd say "what's the point of PC being the test ground for Console if they get the same bugs" but then i remembered that PC also gets the same known bugs from preview every time they do something there.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited August 2021

We have the same issue on pc, sending a mail to yoruself and opening temporarily fixes it but it just comes back again.

I'd say "what's the point of PC being the test ground for Console if they get the same bugs" but then i remembered that PC also gets the same known bugs from preview every time they do something there.

Well, the point may be there were bugs that were fixed for console release already. It could be you don't know about it because you did not have it. Some known bugs were fixed from preview to live. Just not every known bugs.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • ziggerlinziggerlin Member Posts: 57 Arc User

Even this only seems to work sporadically. There is probably a specific reason why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but 2/3 of the time when I do this, it doesn't work. I don't know what "magic" I am performing to clear out that flag sometimes and not others.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    My workaround in PC is:
    1. Bring up a mail box (a real one or using VIP).
    2. Send myself an email with no content (no sure if it has to be no content).
    3. Close the mail box windows (has to do that, for me anyway).
    4. Wait seconds.
    5. Bring up a mail box (a real one or using VIP).
    6. Click on the mail I have just sent to myself.

Usually, that gets rid of the highlight of the mail icon. If not, try again and wait a bit longer in step 4.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • juniperwuf#9831 juniperwuf Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    It works but as soon as you get mail again you have to do it all over again.
  • chrisb#7185 chrisb Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Pls fix this it is really annoying