test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Let us skip Cutscenes faster

robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
Please let us skip Cutscenes faster.
There is no point to hold Esc key for that (if I decide to skip it then why do I have to wait for it?).

On top of that, I'd like to see this option:
Auto-skip Cutscenes, unless it's the first time on that account.

Comments

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Cut scenes are great - for the first couple of times. After the 50th they become really tedious...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    chucknorris#1854 chucknorris Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Just let us skip ALL the cutscenes.
    And just go back to the "1 click space to skip" instead of "hold escape for 10 seconds", this is useless and just reduce QOL ...

• Options
    burlyfish#6097 burlyfish Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I thought it was quite genius of the devs to have us hold down the esp key. I think back to how many times i have accidentally hit the esp key during a cutscene and wham gone before i was able to enjoy the full experience of the dungeon i was in. FYI that happened zero times 🤨
  • Options
    robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    So, what was the reason for forcing us to hold Esc key?
    Please give us an option "Esc skips Cutscenes instantly" at least.
    Also, additional option "Auto-skip Cutscenes, unless it's the first time on that account" would be nice.

With these options anyone will be happy:
    - those who want to watch Cutscenes (and hold Esc and wait in case don't want to see it)
    - and those who don't want to watch Cutscenes every single time (and don't waste time of holding Esc key)
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Oh noes, whatever would one do with those missing 5 seconds? Such a weird thing to make a post about. Those unskippable cutscenes are unskippable for a reason btw, to set the board, so to speak, and avoid awkward random spawning, especially of giant babies.
  • Options
    onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    I assume that they did this as part of their anti botting initiatives. Frankly I would prefer them to allow me to purchase items quicker or make items faster in my workshop, cause you cannot click too fast, which is an anti botting measure, AFAIK.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    onodrain said:

I assume that they did this as part of their anti botting initiatives. Frankly I would prefer them to allow me to purchase items quicker or make items faster in my workshop, cause you cannot click too fast, which is an anti botting measure, AFAIK.

cut scene is not part of the anti botting method because bot does not care about waiting. Human does.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

Oh noes, whatever would one do with those missing 5 seconds? Such a weird thing to make a post about. Those unskippable cutscenes are unskippable for a reason btw, to set the board, so to speak, and avoid awkward random spawning, especially of giant babies.

Except for things like Bel where the cutscene only plays some of the time and there isn't any oddness for the ones who don't get it. The cutscenes serve one purpose and that is to waste player time so it seems like there is more to do.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User

onodrain said:

cut scene is not part of the anti botting method because bot does not care about waiting. Human does.
    If a bot has to wait for a cutscene, then it does not work as quickly. So a bot would be impacted by waiting.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    onodrain said:

onodrain said:

If a bot has to wait for a cutscene, then it does not work as quickly. So a bot would be impacted by waiting.
    When one makes a bot, it is not always about doing something faster. It is about replacing a human being doing the same thing. If the bot needs to spend (say) 10 minutes to finish a dungeon, extra 5 seconds means nothing. It takes much longer waiting for the queue.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    onodrain said:

onodrain said:

maybe you missed the "big picture"{

"impacted" by waiting lol i think not..also multiply that by every bot / account someone may be deploying or using
    and then tell me how impactful 5 second waiting is to an army of bots (in theory of course )
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I've found that you don't have to wait until the cutscene starts to hold down the esc key, not much of a difference, but it does speed it up slightly so it's something I guess. As soon as the screen goes black before the scene loads, you can hold down the esc key straight away and it will start counting down and by the time the scene shows up it's halfway through.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.