test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

VOS Hardcore Reagents droprate

reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
edited December 2021 in Player Feedback (PC)
@nitocris83 So I've been doing VOS Hardcore a bit, some fails and some completes and I'm still left with the 1st, 2nd and last reagents on 4 characters. The 3rd reagent has been avoiding me, while in the same runs other people get the drops and even make the rings in those runs as it should be. My question is, why do some people get all 4 reagents in 1 run while other people like me complete VOS Hardcore over 100 times still with no luck and no rings? Can we get a slight adjustment to this please? Maybe make reagents account bound? It is already tricky to reach and kill the 3rd mini boss, same with the last boss to complete. Still the drop rate on the last reagent seems to be like 50%...
The shirts and pants, I've seen 1 of each drop... No drop rate to speak of
I don't mind grinding a bit, but this is ridiculous.
Post edited by reeper#9973 on

Comments

• toonban#1467 toonban Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    100% agree, terrible drop rates and demotivating. If you have to run the content THAT much, it becomes stale and boring and removes all motivation to even keep trying. Grind is, and will always be, part of the game, and we are all happy to grind away when necessary, but, there is a point where it becomes ridiculous, and well, this IS that point.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    I've seen all sorts of silly proposals, but this is beyond anything.
    I would do hardcore just to get some stupid emoticon? Loool :DD
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • badnickname#3262 badnickname Member Posts: 47 Arc User

To cure the frustration of hard efforts without reward, I propose emote tickets. For example if you can collect 20 tickets for a dance emote A, you can unlock emote A. It doesn't create imbalance in the game, nor does it make jealously or hirachy (e.g. not invited because you don't have emote). When we have a new menu of other unique rewards, although the rings or pants never drop we can still feel a sense of appreciation.

For such tickets, I would like to buy ingredients I'm missing instead of some useless emotes. This is better than relying on broken rng. We already get emotes from current event, and it is their way to give us something without real value.A long time ago, people asked about some sort of currency needed to buy regular rings. This should be done in similar way like "Lost Scrolls of the Void". At least we would know how many runs we need in worst case.

• reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    The 4th reagent drops almost every second complete HC VOS run, why not make the 3rd reagent like this? Almost everytime we kill the 3rd mini boss, we complete.
    The Shirts and Pants... *sigh*
    @nitocris83 These rings have become an important part of endgame gear. Some of us feel demotivated to play the game :(
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    little off-top but i would add shirts and pants drop rate increase to this. I got 1 ring, but i saw shirts/pants maybe 2times during my runs, and yet- you have to win it in your party, maybe they should drop like items from mini bosses for every one separately not for whole party?
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    I agree with what you said. I made another post suggesting to make reagents account-bound (it would also motivate to farm on another class to avoid the boredom), and/or to have a need/greed option on the reagents, and/or to have a scroll after each successful run, allowing to buy a reagent after 50 runs or whatever.
    And of course, the possibility to increase the overall drop rate that is currently very bad.
  • johnosullivanjohnosullivan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    I agree that the drop rate is not motivating me to go hardcore and with that level of difficulty it should be higher or have something like Werdandi proposed
  • irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    mushellka said:

I would do hardcore just to get some stupid emoticon? Loool :DD

Of course not lol. The ring is main reward.
    My idea is to cure the frustration of hard efforts without reward. After a run we can get tickets for emote or other stuff, as badnickname understood and suggested getting potions. If it rewards other things, then people will farm for other things. If it drops more easily, then poeple will stop playing that content once they got the item. Hence the idea is that we can still collect tickets for side rewards, at least not leaving empty handed. :)<3
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    The reagents drop sporadic, and go to people that usually have it already. This has been suggested by community to make these a party roll, so as not to waste the drop, as it drops maybe 1 in 3 to 4 runs. The shirt/pants....gone through at least 150 HC VOS to 3rd miniboss, and seen a total of 2 pant and 1 shirt drop ever for entire party from the 2nd and 3rd miniboss. It's not even worth getting pumped up for a potential drop anymore, it never happens. Been over a month since i've seen a shirt/pants drop.
  • reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    I only know of the 3rd reagent dropping about 4 times in all my runs. It should have the same drop rate as the 4th reagent in my opinion, because its already so difficult reaching the 3rd mini boss.
  • astaroth#3534 astaroth Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @"reeper#9973" said:
    > @nitocris83 So I've been doing VOS Hardcore a bit, some fails and some completes and I'm still left with the 1st, 2nd and last reagents on 3 characters. The 3rd reagent has been avoiding me, while in the same runs other people get the drops and even make the rings in those runs as it should be. My question is, why do some people get all 4 reagents in 1 run while other people like me complete VOS Hardcore over 100 times still with no luck and no rings? Can we get a slight adjustment to this please? Maybe make reagents account bound? It is already tricky to reach and kill the 3rd mini boss, same with the last boss to complete. Still the drop rate on the last reagent seems to be like 50%...
    > The shirts and pants, I've seen 1 of each drop... No drop rate to speak of
    > I don't mind grinding a bit, but this is ridiculous.

This is completely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, I've completed the whole run so many times and the 3rd part WILL NOT DROP EVER, I've seen first timers get it on their very first kill, FIRST, and they also get it the run after!! What the hell are you doing? Don't you realize how frustrating and demotivating this dungeon is on hardcore mode? How many friendships have died because of 1 single miniboss that DOESN"T drop the reagent? I have lost already 3 friends because of this, YES, they left the game, as everybody else here they feel ripped off, all people who spent tons of money on Zen to prepare for the grind, but this is not a grind, this is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> flaw in the game that could be fixed in 5 minutes max by you, the developers, still doing nothing? Is it so difficult to introduce a token system so that after, say 20 tokens have been obtained, we can trade them for any reagent we miss? Just to work around the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and flawed drop rate especially on the third mini? Do I have to see countless offenses and disconnections from tons of players every single day because you won't take the time to fix a script? And do we wanna talk about how EASY wizards drop the 3rd reagent, it's no more a secret that for some ODD reason wizards drops the 3rd reagent just as often as everybody else drops the 4th from last boss, seriously Cryptic, this is damaging US and YOU both, come up with a quick fix in the next maintenance or else, we are boiling with hatred at this point, and with "WE" I mean a REAL lot of us, no more zens no more vip, i dont need any more radq and rtq daily bs, not untill you fix this and fast, frustration and anger are like COVID,they spread fast, and dont patch easily if at all.
  • thomasisalonethomasisalone Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    The drop rate for a reagent is ~5% after killing a boss (pants and shirts are even lower...). When it drops, it then rolls for everyone regardless whether someone has a reagent or not. So you only have a 1-2% chance of getting a reagent. If it takes an average of 50-100 boss kills to get a reagent, then it's no surprise people go through hundreds of runs without anything.

The only exception is the last reagent, which multiple people can get and the drop rate is around 50%.

I've posted about this before with some recommendations. There really needs to be some sort of currency that is guaranteed to drop and can be exchanged for a reagent, excluding those that have a reagent from the roll, and an increase in drop rate.
  • tipsylu#5922 tipsylu Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    When you grind ToMM and MZC up to 40 times for your weapon set, why is VoS rings not set up like this? Like everyone else on this thread I have yet to get that 3rd reagent (or other). I know several others that need the same piece. I've run the first boss 75 times before I got the first reagent to drop. Lord knows how many times I've gotten to the 3rd boss, with no drop. I've stopped counting. I have seen players mention that they have run the 3rd mini boss up to 500 times before the 3rd reagent would drop. FIVE HUNDRED TIMES on hard core not counting how many times they ran it for the other reagents - Cryptic, don't you think that's a bit excessive, especially since one grinds up to 40 times for weapons in your high end trials. It's a bit sadistic don't you think? It also may explain why you don't have as many players playing your game.