test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Well of Dragons - Instance Spawn Threshold needs adjustment

hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
edited October 2021 in Bug Reports (PC)
With the release of the new event, Dragon Runs in the WoD are suddenly more popular than normal. The past week (since the release of the event) each hour commonly has 80% of the available instances filled to max (40/40) players leaving few choices of jump instances after the 5th Dragon is killed. There are also some unfortunate players that think it is ok to ignore the callers and the 'order of kill' and defeat dragons randomly preventing the majority from credit for all 5 (the Wizard Tower SH quest).

You have the logs ... Can you please adjust the threshhold to trigger a new instance when there are more than 30 players on any instance? Your call how you do it, but let the players enjoy the thrill of trying to get 15 dragons in the time instead of stimulating negative and rude behavior as the groups fight for the chance to keep playing for the 10 min time period.

As one of several regular callers of DRs the current configuration is making the leadership courtesy more like a burdensome job far beyond herding cats --- err, adventurers. Of course a Title of "Dragon Run Caller" or some variant thereof is always welcome :)

Thank you.
Post edited by hexngone#5489 on

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    Fortunately, most people already finish the new event by now. Hence, it will be 'normal' soon.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Why is it supposed to be 5+ kills at once? One and done, and come back 4 more times.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Yes, we should keep that quiet. Otherwise, they will make sure you can't do that. They did that to Dragonflight in SH. Long time ago, we were doing 3+ rounds in 3+ SH among alliance without using the Bell.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    I'd rather see the dragons return to their former glory; i.e. before dragon runs.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

With the release of the new event, Dragon Runs in the WoD are suddenly more popular than normal. The past week (since the release of the event) each hour commonly has 80% of the available instances filled to max (40/40) players leaving few choices of jump instances after the 5th Dragon is killed. There are also some unfortunate players that think it is ok to ignore the callers and the 'order of kill' and defeat dragons randomly preventing the majority from credit for all 5 (the Wizard Tower SH quest).

You have the logs ... Can you please adjust the threshhold to trigger a new instance when there are more than 30 players on any instance? Your call how you do it, but let the players enjoy the thrill of trying to get 15 dragons in the time instead of stimulating negative and rude behavior as the groups fight for the chance to keep playing for the 10 min time period.

As one of several regular callers of DRs the current configuration is making the leadership courtesy more like a burdensome job far beyond herding cats --- err, adventurers. Of course a Title of "Dragon Run Caller" or some variant thereof is always welcome :)

Thank you.

If you are killing the dragons faster than new players can run to them from the campfire, then it is okay for them to ignore the "callers" and just kill the closest dragon.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

Thank you.

If you are killing the dragons faster than new players can run to them from the campfire, then it is okay for them to ignore the "callers" and just kill the closest dragon.
    If you mean it's ok for a new player to run to any dragon to get a few hits in, I agree. If you mean it's ok for a high powered individual to kill dragons before the main group gets there, I disagree. That is a d*ck move by most peoples standards.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    When I am not a part of the main group or any instance that says they are doing a dragon run then I will simply chose to start with the white or the closest dragon and start fighting it and a lot of the time other players will join in and help out.

So far, every time I have started with the white we have gone counterclockwise and generally are able to get 2 or 3 dragons in the instance.

As far as I know there is no communication in the instances I am in but it always seems to just work out. (Certainly nothing by me.)

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Bringing up the map will show anyone which dragon is currently in progress as completed ones won't show the HE.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    greywynd said:

Why is it supposed to be 5+ kills at once? One and done, and come back 4 more times.

Remembering when I used to do the Dragon Runs as a 'newbie' and even now find myself (for leadership's sake) leaving one dragon and getting caught by the Drakes .... to become the sacrificial Drake herder that, like a Pied Piper has them follow you all the way to the next Dragon.... with a large group of players, it is often difficult for the new/slow/late runner to keep up and get a hit in at each dragon. Doing a second instance gives those players a 'second chance' to get credit for the dragon.

The way the Wizard Tower Quest is currently coded, you need to be present in the 'area' where the dragon dies to get credit in the quest. For credit for doing the Heroic, you just need to be in a group and get a hit in (location at the time the dragon is killed doesn't matter).

So, my impression is, aside from the pride/bragging-rights of killing more than 5 Dragons in a run, the hope is that the inexperienced/unlucky will get the chance to complete 5 dragon kills in one run.

As tempting as 'come back another hour if you miss one' assumes DR is the center of your NW world and you have no other quests to do (or don't need to run X alts through for the influence/Guild Marks of the quest). There is a marked difference in the logistics needed by a player with few characters and one with many alts.

The point of this report is that Echo's of Prophesy was released into production seemingly without consideration of the impact on WoD instance spawning. I'm only asking that it be reviewed and adjusted accordingly.

• Options
    I've got 12 characters. I find myself not spending as much time in the game as I used to. I don't feel the need to do all 12 in everything every day.