test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Add companion and mount upgrade tokens as a standard reward from dungeon chests ?

As an almost new player i find very difficult to increase my item level to run endgame content specially after the new 40kiL requirement to random trial queue came out plus that in random dungeon queue geared players kick those that are around 30k...cause they think are inexperienced ...

Comments

• mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    As a new player, you should be concerned with character progress and not running end-game content.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Companion and mount tokens are premium rewards in dungeon chests and are meant to supplement other ways of obtaining them. Legacy campaigns(Sybella), Bel Fights in Vallenhas, Lockbox drops, Tradebar store, and a few others. It's a grind to get there for sure.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    The logic behind them changing stat allocations so that players relied most heavily on companions: to make players upgrade lots of companions and purchase tokens either through token packs from the Zen store or with Trade Bars that come from keys (either direct or from VIP) also purchasable only from the Zen store.

In other words, to make players buy Zen, preferably with $$. This is also why it costs a lot more if you use AD than if you use tokens (if the cost of Zen is priced at 1k Zen to 750k AD).

They supply a meagre amount of tokens via gameplay from Legacy quests and epic dungeons/trials as a sop to the FTP majority but nowhere enough to challenge the necessity for Zen/VIP for most players that need to upgrade multiple companions within a reasonable timeframe.

As such I don't foresee them adding many extra sources.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox