test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Echoes of Prophecy Launch Bugs

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Please use this thread to post about bugs specific to Echoes of Prophecy on PC. To better allow the identification of issues, feedback on the event should be placed on the feedback forums.

Comments

• somveraasomveraa Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    If you have also purchased the premium battle pass rewards, and you select them out of order you cannot get the first and second premium rewards. You cannot earn more currency to even unlock them. Reported in game aswell.
    Screen Shot

EDIT Oct,1 9:41 PM CST: @nitocris83 Thank you for merging this, I am sorry I did not see this post, my mistake.
    Post edited by somveraa on
  • forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Edit because it got merged and the title is missing: You can't see the amount of event currency the event quests reward in the journal.

Here's a screenshot of the journal:

https://imgur.com/a/DQdzbxT

It also doesn't tell you when you accept the quest from the NPCs
    Post edited by forumaccount#7167 on
  • bonbonfiendbonbonfiend Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    > @kstubble#4883 said:
    > out of curiousity I purchased both account wide premium battle pass and account milestone buyout. was able to claim 8 items from the toon that purchased the milestone buyout ONLY. cannnot claim any of the 8 rewards from any other alt. they are shown as still locked even though the currency is maxed for the milestone at 4000/4000. I can run the quests but do not get any more currency (cause its maxed). PLEASE FIX or tell me what i did wrong... thank you

Have you checked the RCA?
  • kstubble#4883 kstubble Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    what is rca? root cause analysis?

from my perspective that is on cryptic to address. should work as described and does not.
  • voelliglattevoelliglatte Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have the same problem, the issue might be that I claimed them in the wrong order... Pls fix...
  • ene#5785 ene Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    HI, @nitocris83
    if I wear this artifact, I can no longer slot sparkling into any slot.
  • stryker80#0653 stryker80 Member Posts: 131 Arc User

what is rca? root cause analysis?

from my perspective that is on cryptic to address. should work as described and does not.

By "RCA" they are likely referring to the Rewards Claim Agent in Protector's Enclave. Judging by how Redeemed Citadel worked though, I doubt that's the resolution. To me, it sounds like the way you expect this battle pass thingy to work is the way it SHOULD work, and it IS for the devs to resolve.

I'd suggest submitting a ticket if you haven't already, as well as following up here.

@nitocris83
  • ene#5785 ene Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    If I wear this artifact Banner of NW, I can no longer slot sparkling into any slot.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    I cannot equip this artifact, I get the message: "[Error]You cannot slot this here".
    Please fix this as soon as possible.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Not sure these are bugs, but imho it's not very clear how to get campaign currency from non-EoP quests. The event lists quests with the legacy marker and random queues, but none of them show the currency or the purple boxes of EoP quests in their rewards.

Even worse, the quests with the legacy marker do not generate any campaign currency at all. Instead Sybella's legacy campaign weeklies (that do not have the legacy marker) grant 120 Batches of Honor when turned in. If that's working as intended the description of the campaign is misleading. I haven't tested random queues yet.

There is also some sort of undocumented cap. I'm not sure how many legacy weeklies did hand out the 120 Batches of Honor, but when I tried turning in some more on a different character a message popped up about a "tracker" cap that will expire tomorrow on the daily reset. So I guess you can only get extra currency once per day?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User

Quest asks for a Major Heroic but requires an Epic one. Also, there are still the old bugs with Icewind Pass Epics as I completed Raid the Raiders (10+ and didn't get credit for the Event quest (or Sybella either)
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited October 2021

Not sure these are bugs, but imho it's not very clear how to get campaign currency from non-EoP quests. The event lists quests with the legacy marker and random queues, but none of them show the currency or the purple boxes of EoP quests in their rewards.

Even worse, the quests with the legacy marker do not generate any campaign currency at all. Instead Sybella's legacy campaign weeklies (that do not have the legacy marker) grant 120 Batches of Honor when turned in. If that's working as intended the description of the campaign is misleading. I haven't tested random queues yet.

There is also some sort of undocumented cap. I'm not sure how many legacy weeklies did hand out the 120 Batches of Honor, but when I tried turning in some more on a different character a message popped up about a "tracker" cap that will expire tomorrow on the daily reset. So I guess you can only get extra currency once per day?

I just realized the blog post mentioned the weekly legacy quests. I think it would be nice to change the event description ingame as well.

I also did notice that the blog post said all rewards are account unlocks. But you can only reclaim both emotes and the hawk on all your characters.
  • paladinmyst7766#9026 paladinmyst7766 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    The emotes do not show up for any of my characters. Also, I bought the battle pass but when I complete milestones it won't let my other alts claim the awards.
    Edit: Never mind. I got the emotes to work. Didn't see them in my inventory. However, the campaign still won't let my alts claim rewards.
    Post edited by paladinmyst7766#9026 on
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

The emotes do not show up for any of my characters. Also, I bought the battle pass but when I complete milestones it won't let my other alts claim the awards.

Did you check the claim agent?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Quest trail for "A Subtle Curiosity"
    After you speak to Elder Reader Laris in Sage's Shop, the quest line takes you to Feldon Strongbeard, then makes you double back to Patrin Yrthraz before you continue on to General Bharash and then Kavatos.

Would be better if it takes you to Patrol Yrthraz first, then Feldon Strongbeard 2nd, then General Bharash..
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    I posted this here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1263026/feedback-on-release-of-echoes-of-prophecy

But will post again in this thread so it isn't missed.

The sparkly line for the Plaguechanged Maws in the Chasm takes you through the portal, and then tells you to go back through the portal, and then through the portal, and back through the portal, and... you see where this is going? going further than the sparkly golden line.

Should direct to the blue circles where they can be found, rather than around and round, back and forth.

Also, can we look at lowering the instance caps on these maps where these new quests are, competing with 30+ other people to kill 3 or 4 critters that are often one shotted by people is more than just a little frustrating.

Other than that, and the fact that it feels like the stock standard grind once you get past the first few quests, it's good. Enjoyable.
    I like that progress is account wide. It means that I can participate with any toon at any time and contribute to my progress towards the rewards.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • vindojeensvindojeens Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    In the Quest "A Subtle Curiosity" after you talk with everyone it asks to "share your findings with Kavatos".
    Well, when I approach him, he is not clickable and I cannot turn in the quest.
  • rhodahrhodah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    I bought both premium battle pass and and campaign completion. I could claim it once but the rewards do not appear in claim agent in folder PROMO. would be happy about a fix.
    rhodah said:

I bought both premium battle pass and and campaign completion. I could claim it once but the rewards do not appear in claim agent in folder PROMO. would be happy about a fix.

I figured it out. You have to open all boxes ONCE. Then they appear for other characters at the RCA.
  • ghoulieboyghoulieboy Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Since yesterday I've witnessed several people asking the same Kavatos question as @vindojeens, in all cases it turned out that they were unable to talk to him and thus progress down the quest line because they were below lvl20. Many of them went on to wonder why the initial quest "A Subtle Curiosity" is available to anyone below lvl20 if they cannot complete it. I believe it would be much less confusing if "A Subtle Curiosity" became available upon reaching lvl20, and the event description stating that it the participants should be lvl20 as well
  • rhodahrhodah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User

rhodah said:

I figured it out. You have to open all boxes ONCE. Then they appear for other characters at the RCA.

rhodah said:

thank you so much. that worked :)
  • sykatrixsykatrix Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    If the Neverwinter Hawk (4000 reward) is claimed prior to claiming the Neverwinter's Standard Artifact Pacakge (3000 reward), then the 3000 reward becomes locked and unclaimable
  • krall#3006 krall Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    As most people I brought both packs, but I can get everything except the Coalescent Ward. Anyone having issues just not getting the one items? Thanks

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FAuUDV8XEAYQHTJ?format=jpg&name=large
    Post edited by krall#3006 on
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

In the Quest "A Subtle Curiosity" after you talk with everyone it asks to "share your findings with Kavatos".
    Well, when I approach him, he is not clickable and I cannot turn in the quest.

Are you level 20?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • izthasizthas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User

Edit: Never mind. I got the emotes to work. Didn't see them in my inventory. However, the campaign still won't let my alts claim rewards.

Go to the rewards claim agent, at least you will be able to claimed.
  • xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    Same happen here... claimed artifact pack before the tokens... and tokens/emote are locked now.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    bug: a new 1 month long campaign that can be completed in one day.

ONE DAY, one possible solution would have been to make the weekly quests unavailable to other chars in the account after they had been completed on one char and make the 'unsavory character' repeatable quest only repeatable,say 4 times a day on any one character, and after finding 4 cult hideouts,one would need to wait for reset to run it another 4 times.

Even with that , people would be finishing the first installment in a week.. perhaps making the currency requirment 28k like it was with the Zariel favor may have had people spending the best part of a month to complete it.

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • aubitronaubitron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    somveraa said:

If you have also purchased the premium battle pass rewards, and you select them out of order you cannot get the first and second premium rewards. You cannot earn more currency to even unlock them. Reported in game aswell.
    Screen Shot

EDIT Oct,1 9:41 PM CST: @nitocris83 Thank you for merging this, I am sorry I did not see this post, my mistake.

The same bug exists if you don't have the premium pass, but just do the standard rewards out of order. Claiming the reroll tokens first, you then can't claim the emote. I did this, as hadn't got round to claiming the first reward yet, then realised i should claim the tokens on the char I was on...so was a weird behaviour to be fair ;) Can screen grab if required.
  • kstubble#4883 kstubble Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    i am confused. can we not claim the campaign rewards (regular and premium) on more than one character once the campaign is at 4000 currency on one/all character(s)??? what is the deal with claiming the rewards on each toon?

yesterday i purchased both the battle pass and the buyout but can only claim from the campaign all 8 items on ONE toon. Cannot claim any reward on any other toon through the campaign window.

And I log in today and see the Hawk and the 2 emotes in the rewards reclaim. Where are the rest of the items (2 artifact sets, coal ward, reroll tokens, transmutes)? are there only some of the items allowed to be claimed on all the toons?

According to the store, both the pass and the buyout are account wide (with no restrictions listed). This is a mess. please clairfy. thank you.