test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Add tomm to rtq?

If the il req is supposed to be a measure of difficulty why not add tomm to the rtq since it according to the il rea is "easier" than the new demo also added to the queue.

Comments

• Options
    thomasisalonethomasisalone Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    I presume you haven't tried TOMM then? Despite its apparent IL requirements to enter it, in reality the min IL is closer to 45k (maybe 40k with a well optimised build) because you need enough DPS needed to pass checks and have enough HP to survive Halaster's attacks. This doesn't even touch that the huge number of mechanics involved which, at the moment, are going to be too much for most of the player base.

The trial would have to be much more forgiving than it currently is, and there are only two endgame trials available at the moment so you'd be taking away that content. Also, the weapons from it are one of the best - I don't think it's too big an issue that the best gear is locked behind difficult content (the trial is doable without VOS gear, and the TOMM rings can be bought on the AH)

A better contender to add to the RTQ list would be BBZ - it's heavily bugged at the moment, but the result is a much more forgiving trial that could be added to RTQ. The bugs need to be fixed, especially as it is intended as practice for ZCM, and the damage values checked, but it could feasibly be added to the RTQ list.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    He's making a point in this thread. tomm isn't in RTQ because it has no business being there because of it's difficulty. By date and IL requirements by rights it should have been added to RTQ already but the Devs 100% knows that is a terrible idea. It's a great trial but it's not something everyone wants to play.

I'd much rather see an RTQ and ATQ. BBZ added to the previous RTQ and the harder stuff added to an Advanced Trial Queue. But we won't see it happen because it was tried before and failed. If it was tried again I believe it would also fail. You'd only see premades queuing up to take advantage of the bigger chunk of AD and the majority of the player base stick with other stuff.
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    It's not about the Item level though. It's the complexity of the mechanics. A group of strangers unwilling to communicate will get no where with ToMM, and yet they have completed New Demo on day one of it being out.
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    @arazith07 I am sorry, but could you please elaborate what is necessary to communicate in TOMM? It seems to me you just have to follow the mechanics - even the tank swap is easier to figure out... if the tanks are able to count. Every step kinda more straightforward and obvious than what you find in the new demo...
  • Options
    rikitaki said:

@arazith07 I am sorry, but could you please elaborate what is necessary to communicate in TOMM? It seems to me you just have to follow the mechanics - even the tank swap is easier to figure out... if the tanks are able to count. Every step kinda more straightforward and obvious than what you find in the new demo...

tomm communication = SPREAD!!, SHIFTA! SHIFTA!, lol
  • Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    rikitaki said:

To follow the mechanics you have to first make sure that people in a run KNOW the mechanics. (WHICH to be fair would be SO NICE when pugging codg as well :D Imagine) I'm pretty sure communication is a key element unless you know everybody on the game, which.. well, it's not even that hard to imagine. Or let's say communication is a key element for a somewhat timely run.
    - bye bye -
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    reg1981 said:

He's making a point in this thread. tomm isn't in RTQ because it has no business being there because of it's difficulty. By date and IL requirements by rights it should have been added to RTQ already but the Devs 100% knows that is a terrible idea. It's a great trial but it's not something everyone wants to play.

I'd much rather see an RTQ and ATQ. BBZ added to the previous RTQ and the harder stuff added to an Advanced Trial Queue. But we won't see it happen because it was tried before and failed. If it was tried again I believe it would also fail. You'd only see premades queuing up to take advantage of the bigger chunk of AD and the majority of the player base stick with other stuff.

Just give each dungeon a decent amount of AD on first run of the day and be done with this Random HAMSTER imo. Idk why I would want to be surprised with how fast people can drop a run. Or why it's fun.
    - bye bye -
  • Options

reg1981 said:

Just give each dungeon a decent amount of AD on first run of the day and be done with this Random HAMSTER imo. Idk why I would want to be surprised with how fast people can drop a run. Or why it's fun.
    I'm in 100%! I would much rather choose my content. Guess I just never thought it a possibility to actually make my 100K lol
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    But that would be going backwards... Rhix used to give us our AD after we did a dungeon of our choosing, but they eventually made this random thing a requirement where to earn your 'daily' AD you have to just not know wtf you are about to land into. I've never ever (ever) liked having to do this. I like to plan ahead and am not really into surprises.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I used to prefer queuing for whatever I wanted for my daily AD - of course, as players tended to queue for whatever was fastest, it meant that solo queueing for most content was pointless as nobody wanted to do it - especially with a declining player base.

Back then, I would solo ToS on all alts as they each got paid for one run (none of this account wide business) and I would do an epic dungeon & skirmish with guildies - again, choosing whatever we felt like.

Harder content like T9G & FBI was always about premades and was done after the daily cap was reached, specifically for currency for gear and a chance at a good drop.

This (and the value of guild boons at the time) made being in a decent guild almost mandatory.

The current system seems to be trying to fix many of the game's issues; low population (RQ to group players quickly into a run) / the power gap between old & new players (scaling) /etc but it has the unfortunate side effect of often putting the majority of players into content they'd prefer to avoid going into with a group of randoms.

The net result is that we achieve a kind of balance by making everyone equally unhappy.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options

But that would be going backwards... Rhix used to give us our AD after we did a dungeon of our choosing, but they eventually made this random thing a requirement where to earn your 'daily' AD you have to just not know wtf you are about to land into. I've never ever (ever) liked having to do this. I like to plan ahead and am not really into surprises.

Going backwards is the correct way to go if you walked straight into a dead end.

I do remember daily etos farming, and no, it was not the bestest thing ever, but salvage surely was more engaging than sitting on the elevator platform and waiting if people will even try to attempt it once before standing on the edge and waiting for somebody else to call off the instance. I did so many barovia hunts and I would rather run them again. I had a great time.
    I don't like tia, but I do remember tia madness. That was exciting, and always worked, because there was enough people around that actually played the game..
    The struggle here is that they would probably make everything equally unrewarding so we would run the dungeon with the least effort required. I mean, if you get the same AD and the same rewards (RP :D) for elol, vt and etos... AND tic, that would be idiotic of course :D But they pay people to come up with stuff like the current RQs. Surely they could think of something, like REAL tiered rewards and REAL unique rewards and ACTUAL stuff I would like to get.
    Until then, its RQs, 100k AD a day and black pearls.
    - bye bye -
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    So many things made more sense before. It wasn't perfect, but it was better and you had options on how you played your game. Baby and bathwater come to mind.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.