test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need some clarity on Echoes of Prophecy Battle Pass

ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
After reading and then re-reading this;

- Purchase a Battle Premium Pass for 2500 Zen and unlock the premium reward track for all 3 milestones
- If you have a premium pass you can still complete milestones after they're over
- Battle Premium Pass can be purchased up to Mar 31st 2022
- Progress for premium pass holders can be done through Apr 30th 2022
- There are also milestone buyouts that start at 1000 Zen per milestone. The cost is reduced by how much progress you've made in that milestone. The cost reduction is proportional to the progress made within each milestone.
- The Premium Pass allows you to complete milestones beyond the dates stated above (Nov 1, Dec 1, Jan 10) until Echoes of Prophecy ends on April 30. After that date, no more progress will be available for anyone as the campaign will go away.
- Rewards must be claimed before the final date of April 30, 2022.
- Premium Pass and Milestone Buyouts are both account-wide unlock.

Are "Milestone Buyouts" treated the same as the "Premium Pass"? To me this subtly reads as it does NOT.

It's explicitly states that the "Premium Pass" allows completion of milestones beyond the dates, the main reason for purchasing for most people, but it does not say the "Milestone Buyouts" do.

I've seen many people advocating purchasing the individual "Milestone Buyouts" vs the "Premium Pass", which would make sense from a player perspective because, assuming they do EXACTLY the same things, it's a no brainer, play through each milestone for max discount, buy the individual milestone out at a reduced cost, profit. Except, why would Cryptic do that? Generoisty? Perhaps, I mean, there's been a lot of HAMSTER lately with associated elements of the game (zen shop) amongst many other issues, so why not.

However, on the other hand, the companies hand, it makes more sense that these things aren't the same and that the fact is, ONLY the "Premium Pass" grants progressional freedom beyond the stated dates. Whereas the "Milestone Buyouts" perk is only that it's cheaper when playing through for max discount.

The bottom line is, the top line.

Clarity please, which is it?

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    ukspawn said:

- Purchase a Battle Premium Pass for 2500 Zen and unlock the premium reward track for all 3 milestones
    - If you have a premium pass you can still complete milestones after they're over
    - There are also milestone buyouts that start at 1000 Zen per milestone. The cost is reduced by how much progress you've made in that milestone. The cost reduction is proportional to the progress made within each milestone.
    - The Premium Pass allows you to complete milestones beyond the dates stated above (Nov 1, Dec 1, Jan 10) until Echoes of Prophecy ends on April 30. After that date, no more progress will be available for anyone as the campaign will go away.

Are "Milestone Buyouts" treated the same as the "Premium Pass"? To me this subtly reads as it does NOT.

It's explicitly states that the "Premium Pass" allows completion of milestones beyond the dates, the main reason for purchasing for most people, but it does not say the "Milestone Buyouts" do.

I've seen many people advocating purchasing the individual "Milestone Buyouts" vs the "Premium Pass", which would make sense from a player perspective because, assuming they do EXACTLY the same things, it's a no brainer, play through each milestone for max discount, buy the individual milestone out at a reduced cost, profit. Except, why would Cryptic do that? Generoisty? Perhaps, I mean, there's been a lot of HAMSTER lately with associated elements of the game (zen shop) amongst many other issues, so why not.

However, on the other hand, the companies hand, it makes more sense that these things aren't the same and that the fact is, ONLY the "Premium Pass" grants progressional freedom beyond the stated dates. Whereas the "Milestone Buyouts" perk is only that it's cheaper when playing through for max discount.

This works exactly like the Redeemed Citadel campaign if you were around for it. Milestone buyouts is part of the premium pass but only for that month's content.

If you weren't around when Redeemed Citadel was active, think of it in terms of the Sharandar campaign, but each area/chapter is only active for a month normally. With the Premium Pass, you get extra rewards and more time to complete the content to earn your rewards for the whole campaign (but you still have to wait for the 2nd and 3rd areas to unlock as normal). A milestone Buyout is like the premium pass but only for the specific chapter/area, like only the Mended Grove/Chapter 2 for milestone 2.

Some people may only want the premium rewards for one milestone and just the basic for the others, or can only afford to get just one but not the whole thing...there are a myriad of reasons to get one or the other.
  • ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

ukspawn said:

This works exactly like the Redeemed Citadel campaign if you were around for it. Milestone buyouts is part of the premium pass but only for that month's content.

If you weren't around when Redeemed Citadel was active, think of it in terms of the Sharandar campaign, but each area/chapter is only active for a month normally. With the Premium Pass, you get extra rewards and more time to complete the content to earn your rewards for the whole campaign (but you still have to wait for the 2nd and 3rd areas to unlock as normal). A milestone Buyout is like the premium pass but only for the specific chapter/area, like only the Mended Grove/Chapter 2 for milestone 2.

Some people may only want the premium rewards for one milestone and just the basic for the others, or can only afford to get just one but not the whole thing...there are a myriad of reasons to get one or the other.
    The thing is, redeemed never explicitly stated a cut off point with it's premium pass/milestone buyouts, as far as I can recall, there was no "you must do it by this point", infact I'm sure it was stated as indefintely. Because the blog specifically states the time limit with this campaign but specifically associated with premium pass vs buyouts, I'd just need certainity it is what it is, or isn't.

Literally all I need to hear officially is that milestone buyouts carry the same time extensions as the premium pass.
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Milestone buyouts here are NOT the same as they were in Redeemed Citadel.
    Here they are just progress buyouts, so if you don't want to grind the event you can just buy the currency needed to finish the milestone. This is why it gets cheaper the more you have done yourself.
    It does NOT give you premium rewards or extend the event, only the premium pass does that.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Milestone buyouts here are NOT the same as they were in Redeemed Citadel.
    Here they are just progress buyouts, so if you don't want to grind the event you can just buy the currency needed to finish the milestone. This is why it gets cheaper the more you have done yourself.
    It does NOT give you premium rewards or extend the event, only the premium pass does that.

Yeah that's how I read it - the bottom line rewards are only available if you have the Premium Pass
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    My understanding:

Redeemed Citedel:
    1. Reforger's Blessing full package (to allow to do all 4 milestone with your own pace and you still need to do it yourself)
    2. Reforger's blessing per milestone (to allow to do one milestone with your own pace and you still need to do it yourself)

Echo of Prophecy:
    1. Premium pass (to allow doing 3 milestone with your own pace and you still need to do it yourself).
    2. completion: to complete the first milestone and you don't need to play it. Hence, you don't need extra 'progression'. It does not give you premium reward.

In theory (not sure if it works correctly, bugs?), one can buy a Premium pass (for premium reward) and 3 completions (for not wanting to do anything with this event beyond getting the rewards).

I take that "your own pace" for Echo of Prophecy is only up to April 30. So, what is point having it (besides the premium reward)? One can choose to finish milestone 1,2,3 on April 3. Without the premium pass, one can't do it.

Since Echo of Prophecy's progression is an account contribution campaign (assuming this is not a bug) instead of individual character campaign, casually, it takes about 2 or 3 days (for those who have multiple characters) to finish it. May be 5 hours of play time. For those who have only one character, it will take longer.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***