test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Renovating" demogorgon?

2»

Comments

• empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Haven't been able to get in but someone started a thread that RTQ now also needs 40k IL. I suspect it is going to be removed from RTQ with that being the case. Otherwise why not add the other trials to RTQ too. Hopefully its just someones mistake...ya know like not putting this on preview first.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I just logged-in to see what happened to Demo and saw that the RTQ is now 40k IL to queue for it. I queued for the RTQ it was Demo and was a total sh.show. So much red on the ground you can't run out of it half the time and people were dying left right and center. Once you die you can't get back in. Every enemy hits like a truck. Worst thing is that if you wipe on the last section you have to start all over again at the first one. Eventually there was a vote to abandon. I queued again and once again Demo came up, went worse than the one before it. People just gave up and left. Nearly gave up with RTQ but decided to queue one more time and got Svardborg, we did it fast. I looked at the RDQ saw the choices and thought why bother and logged out. Way to go Cryptic.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Oh, and it has no music.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Well, as long as a game provides a functional support and a fun experience, i'm inclined to spend money on it - NWO is failing in both departments for some time now, and unless they start focusing on the majority of players again, they'll be earning even less money in the future.

Sure, the rewards from completing adventures and campaigns are nothing to sneeze at, but that's not something that will keep players in the game for long or "motivate" them to spend money on the game, when they can't even run some low level dungeons or skirmishes when they want to - most players will give it a few tries but then quickly drop the game and move on, while others will create a negative posts/reviews/videos warning other potential players about it.

Anyway, i've one character above 40k IL and another closing in on it, so i might give this a try, but add the recent nerfs to companions to this mess, plus the nerfs announced in one of the latest official posts, and i can see even more regular players dropping the game and finding their fun in some other new worlds instead.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • derdrakonderdrakon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    My first try was a success. It was/is a challenge once again, though I wouldn't say that it was really hard, but Phase 3 took like forever. I know times, when Demogorgon was a lot harder than this version. Closing the portals instead of opening them was probably a good idea.

My IL 40100.
    edited September 2021
    why am I also not surprised there are issues with the two chests at the end too...at least some are reporting that...

why are seals of the adventurer in the chests???
    Post edited by empalas on
    And it scales you down to 48k if you happen to be above that... Why is this in RTQ and TOMM and Zariel are not?!?!?!?!?
  • thordet91#6067 thordet91 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    I will never solo queue rtq with my tank again.

I main tank, completet everything this game have to offer including the new reworked demo trial.

If I queue solo and me and the other tank are not in the same group how can we tank swap without seeing the other tanks stacks?

It’s 25% chance it will be demo and 50% chance I will Not be able to see the other tanks stacks.

I don’t like my odds
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Tanks and healers shouldn't be doubled up in parties anyway. 1 tank, 1 heal, 3 dps.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Tanks and healers shouldn't be doubled up in parties anyway. 1 tank, 1 heal, 3 dps.

It only happens when someone leave and is replaced.
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User

I will never solo queue rtq with my tank again.

I main tank, completet everything this game have to offer including the new reworked demo trial.

If I queue solo and me and the other tank are not in the same group how can we tank swap without seeing the other tanks stacks?

It’s 25% chance it will be demo and 50% chance I will Not be able to see the other tanks stacks.

I don’t like my odds

This is indeed an issue of the RTQ. You can however swap tanks immediately after you own stacks fall off. It's usually when the other tank is starting to get theirs.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited September 2021

Ran it six times, much easier then I was expecting, the only challenging part is as a dps after the debuf the next hit really hurts. Not a bad job at all, all six runs were easy clears, so not an end game addition, but that may be a good thing as it gives the DPS's working to end game some great end game gear.

Next revamp maybe show the support players some love.

Thanks, normally I come to the forum to raise an issue, this time its to let you know job well done. Its great to see the old content made useful and playable again.

Try it while you're soloing rtq.... After all this is an rtq challenge... 40K+ ilvl lol... With good party even tomm is piece of cake.
  • forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    As a long time but more casual player I really like the new difficulty of the trial.

It's harder than the other trials in RTQ but doesn't require training runs or voice chat like Zariel or TOMM.

I also like that the spirit of the trial is really similar to the old version. The first phase is tanks and healer handling demo while dps do the portals, the second phase is pretty much the same. Only the third phase is a bit more different with the tentacles that deal a lot of damage if you don't dodge them.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

Nice rework... My 800K health (tank) is done with two demo hits... And of course, we can't enter arena after we died... So without good dedicated healer this is... Well... Good rework... Domogorgon, right now is harder than vos and you put it into rtq. Obviously you just want to kill this game.

check the debuff demogorgon applies on you
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    It's worth noting that on console the de/buff bar is tiny and cannot be adjusted - it's really hard to see de/buffs
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

Nice rework... My 800K health (tank) is done with two demo hits... And of course, we can't enter arena after we died... So without good dedicated healer this is... Well... Good rework... Domogorgon, right now is harder than vos and you put it into rtq. Obviously you just want to kill this game.

Check the thread on this on Reddit. The trick is to kite.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

arcanjo86 said:

Check the thread on this on Reddit. The trick is to kite.
    aragons video shows that with 6 stacks demogorgon does less damage to you LOL