test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

40k IL RTQ Renovated Demogorgon Update

2»

Comments

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I had to ditch the demon lord set on one toon and make another mythic companion for another toon. All my five alts are now over 40k. So not too bad.
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User

And once again we have a complete failure to be open and honest and to communicate changes to the player base. How was this not foreseen? How was this not included in the release notes? Seems to me this is just another change was rushed into the game - yet again. If enough people complain, we just might get a response - as unpleasant as it might be. But some communication is better than none.

I think this is my biggest takeaway as well. It's funny as heck that @nitocris83 apparently spend *hours* to update the original news post only to still miss one of the biggest and most important aspects of the new Demogorgon.
    empalas said:

arazith07 said:

40k is not as hard as people make it out to be, and it is no where near BiS. 40k iL is midgame imo. As far as getting rAD, no one is stopping you from queuing for the other trials, you just have to run another dungeon or two to make up the difference and frankly, new players need that extra practice to learn the game. IMO new players should not be able to access all the random queues after finishing all the adventures like they could before.

Not hard for whom?
    I suppose its not hard if you can buy everything you need to get there...but that's the thing. I've been playing since NW launched and I barely have my new bard up to 38k. That only because of the better gear my alts just had in their bags and 3 mythic, 2leg mounts and enough epic companions to help there. There must be something I'm missing on getting my IL "easily" up to 40k. For a F2P new player, they either have to be very lucky with RNG or someone gifting them to get there "easily".
    It really depends on whether or not you're in a level 20 guild. Those 3k from boons really can be the difference maker because you would otherwise have to make up a lot of ground somewhere else which can be quite expensive.

I think if you have all current account unlocks you can instantly bring a toon in the 32k - 35k range (depending on guild boons) with minimal AD / Trade Bars. To make the jump to 40k I usually have to get purple Insignias, Rank 10s, and upgrade additional Mounts and Companions.
  • I have a bit of a complaint. While I like that Demo is tougher (as a Demon Lord should be) however in the last act of the fight he is very much a damage sponge. It takes a long time to chip away at his health. Especially for lower level parties.

seriously you need to learn how to do it before you do any post.

Are you suggesting that those complaining because they can't get into Demo should do Demo before complaining?

That's certainly a take.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

seriously you need to learn how to do it before you do any post.

Are you suggesting that those complaining because they can't get into Demo should do Demo before complaining?

That's certainly a take.
    no i am talking about those complaining for the difficulty.
  • arazith07 said:

40k is not as hard as people make it out to be, and it is no where near BiS. 40k iL is midgame imo. As far as getting rAD, no one is stopping you from queuing for the other trials, you just have to run another dungeon or two to make up the difference and frankly, new players need that extra practice to learn the game. IMO new players should not be able to access all the random queues after finishing all the adventures like they could before.

40k is not at all accessible. A bard, for example, who started playing when this class was released, should be more or less with this level item today, mostly because the game was really good for this one, with events and weekly gifts. But for those starting today, for example, it will take a long time to get those 40k. And even reaching 40k, will still suffer to join groups, I write this because after failing my first two runs with different groups in the new Demogorgon, I decided not to stick in groups with players with less than 50k.

It would be interesting to see a group with only 40k as someone mentioned in a previous comment finish the Demogorgon reworked even more from the perspective of a tank, the ones that have the most complaints from what I see.

By the way, this doesn't mean that the content needs to be nerfed, in fact I really liked what was done with it. Congratulations on the rework!
  • madmartigan#1315 madmartigan Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    > @fritz#8093 said:
    > I think this is my biggest takeaway as well. It's funny as heck that @nitocris83 apparently spend *hours* to update the original news post only to still miss one of the biggest and most important aspects of the new Demogorgon.

haha yup. @nitocris83 pretending to be our friend knowing full well they were about to screw 70% of the player base out of their best way of making rAD and therefore progress. what a jerk.

i was excited after i read that blog post. now im afraid of whats going to happen to the already dwindling list of players.

even a mid level person is going to have a hard time getting an rtq in. its too bad. methinks me x3 and bel x6 are gonna get more popular. get that chaos resonance, yo! :p
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Perhaps it's time to retire to the Moonstone Mask and listen to the bards sing about the 'good old days' of Neverwinter's past...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    if they eased up on the final stage the tiniest of bits and set rtq at 35 or 36k.... this would have been an epic update.
    all i can think rn is.... poor tiamat! any group queueing for rtq ready and able to handle demo, is gonna tear her to bits lmao
    > @armadeonx said:
    > Perhaps it's time to retire to the Moonstone Mask and listen to the bards sing about the 'good old days' of Neverwinter's past...

i'll bring the 'member berries!
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    RTQ got restricted, and I am not fan of these changes..

However, there is one thing everyone forgot to mention. Skirmishes and Dungeons can be done nonstop all day till you reach your daily Rough AD cap anyways. So to say that now players are out of way to earn AD, or it's now players bellow 40k IL will not get AD as much as one with 40k + IL. Thats just nonsense.

However other trials like tiamat, svardborg and cradle of deah god is not hard, and they lesser IL requirements. So it's not logic, to restrict lesser IL players to these trials, and 40k + IL players mostly find older trials too easy.

I think for now, at least some short time duration, it would be OK to remove demogorgon from RTQ list. And leave it open for players join them either private or open pub q.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    empalas said:

arazith07 said:

Not hard for whom?
    I suppose its not hard if you can buy everything you need to get there...but that's the thing. I've been playing since NW launched and I barely have my new bard up to 38k. That only because of the better gear my alts just had in their bags and 3 mythic, 2leg mounts and enough epic companions to help there. There must be something I'm missing on getting my IL "easily" up to 40k. For a F2P new player, they either have to be very lucky with RNG or someone gifting them to get there "easily".
    For whatever it worth,

My bard is currently 43.6K. He has most 1225 IL gears. Underwear are 1010. Rings are 1100 and 1050. Neck and belt are 980.
    r9 enchantment: 11
    r10 enchantment: 4
    r11 enchantment: 1
    r14 enchantment: 1
    r15 enchantment: 1
    r8 negation
    r10 dread
    2 mythic artifact, 2 legendary artifact
    G20 guild boons
    2 mythic companion, 8 Epic companion
    7 mythic mount, 1 legendary, 2 Epic
    5 Epic insignia, 10 blue insignia

54 boon points.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    > @hadestemplar#9918 said:
    > RTQ got restricted, and I am not fan of these changes..
    >
    > However, there is one thing everyone forgot to mention. Skirmishes and Dungeons can be done nonstop all day till you reach your daily Rough AD cap anyways. So to say that now players are out of way to earn AD, or it's now players bellow 40k IL will not get AD as much as one with 40k + IL. Thats just nonsense.

dont be silly. not everyone has the time or the ambition to run enough shirmishes to hit their 100k. casual gamers used to be able to make it work. i understand theyd rather have big spenders than casual gamers, but those casual gamers are a big part of the player base. its too bad.

most people between 40 and 45k are still going to have a hard time getting their rtq in now. everyone will that isnt queueing with tanks n healers. everyone endgame that used to just pop an rtq will be doing it in groups now, that with everyone below 40k not queueing at all anymore... those wait times are gonna be bad for a while. if demo pops, people will abandon.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    rev#7881 said:

RTQ got restricted, and I am not fan of these changes..

However, there is one thing everyone forgot to mention. Skirmishes and Dungeons can be done nonstop all day till you reach your daily Rough AD cap anyways. So to say that now players are out of way to earn AD, or it's now players bellow 40k IL will not get AD as much as one with 40k + IL. Thats just nonsense.

Well one thing you forgot to mention is that on a random dungeon q and random skirmish queue you can get 4 people level 5 in your party, so imagine a player around 30k goes into that and get's a dungeon/skirmish he can't solo carry or even better goes in as a healer/tank and gets 4 people level 5 or bellow level 10, what is that person supposed to do? and what if said person doesn't have much time to play during the day?

The moment they started mixing low level players with max levels they had already HAMSTER up the entire random dungeon/skirmish queues, and now putting a 40k cap on random trials made it even worse for most of the player base it's simple...

As usual they HAMSTER up and won't admit it
    And that's why the vast majority of players said it was dumb of Cryptic to let rank 5 players into dungeons when they haven't even unlocked their paragon paths yet AND added FBI etc to the queue list.

Players on day one or two of their toon should be focused on completing the levelling content and earning AD that way, only when they've got some gear, unlocked their paragon paths & powers & have bit of experience should they be able to enter group content.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    I really like the new version of the demogorgon Trial but putting it in RTQ was a mistake in my opinion. It removes the fastest way to get RAD from a lot of players. And most of the players that now can't queue for RTQ anymore also won't be able to finish RADQ. So they have the regular random dungeon queue and skirmishes. I don't do the regular dungeon queue anymore because it's not worth it because you can get longer dungeons like FBI and only get 7k extra
    RAD.

all i can think rn is.... poor tiamat! any group queueing for rtq ready and able to handle demo, is gonna tear her to bits lmao

After doing some demogorgon runs today I joined a RTQ group and we got Tiamat. The difference in difficulty between these two trials is immense and it's on par with the difference between LOMM and Valindra's Tower in the old REDQ.
  • riccatwo#4547 riccatwo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Today every time i tried trial queue on PS4 got abandoned Demo. Same happened to other people in my Alliance. That queue is practically dead.
    I am lucky i can do epic but at this point only possible solution is remove Demogorgon.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited September 2021

rikitaki said:

Manycoins and Folly are the hardest, Folly depends on rng luck a lot though. I do not know when you tried them last, but those require some severe CC - and many RQ players usually abandon them on entry.

For me it was first skirmish which I done on HC mode solo. and I can tell you it was among easiest ones.
    Even dvarven God skirmish I consider harder.

ManyCoins bank heist is just AoE dps fiesta. Lightningh Weapon enchantment or Bilethon + AoE powers + some foot work and thats it.
    Prince folly is not hard either.
    When you enter skirmish, you fight innitial wave of adds. Once you wipe them, there is short moment of delay till other adds spaws and rush to center.

Good fight is reward itself.
    You see, this is the place where newbs die before even getting close. You can fit there 10 newbs and they would die one after another, the melee unable to land any hit at all. They do not have any weapon enchant, they do not have AoE powers - they just die there. It is not a good fight for them, because they cannot fight at all.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    DEMO is actually fun again... but you need a group of 10 50k item level players who know what they are doing - I dont mind that and its fun learning the tactics.

You really need 6 top DPS for the final phase, 2 or 3 for the portals with a healer and everyone else on DEMO with 2 good tanks and a good healer and 3 or 4 hdps.

Otherwise you get overwhelmed by adds, I like it, but for a pug or RTQ its goign to be a failure till ppl level up and learn the mechanics :)

I like it but most players wont
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited September 2021

DEMO is actually fun again... but you need a group of 10 50k item level players who know what they are doing - I dont mind that and its fun learning the tactics.

You really need 6 top DPS for the final phase, 2 or 3 for the portals with a healer and everyone else on DEMO with 2 good tanks and a good healer and 3 or 4 hdps.

Otherwise you get overwhelmed by adds, I like it, but for a pug or RTQ its goign to be a failure till ppl level up and learn the mechanics :)

I like it but most players wont

I like it a lot. Cuz this is not just dps benchmarking. Adds cause distractions, you can't just hit single target( boss), also dual tanking make sense. One lure adds, other handle boss. Some classes are great at single target, but slighly weaker in AoE. And wise versia.

Here in current version of demogorgon, both AoE and Single dps players are needed. Even tanks, some have slight better performance in AoE fights, some slightly better in single boss fight.

This reworked demogorgon fight feels as mmorpg gameplay. And thats all the matter.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    ... crickets ...

Here that people? That is how much the company cares about your complaints.
  • thezabojcathezabojca Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I heard on one of official streams that they do "hear" the voice of community. I hope it is no difference in this case.
  • zannosa#3465 zannosa Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I started playing in May 2021, I did buy things like VIP, mount collars, and spent money on keys because I fell in love with the game and wanted to support it. However, after the mod21 update, I started to doubt loving the game anymore. The quick succession to level 20, the newest upper level, after I played everyday (practically all day), busting my butt to get to level 80, spending weeks was now reduced to a few hours and guaranteed 20K IL. And they also removed alot of content at the same time without replacing it. I only spent that money because I love the game and I wanted to help support it. So, I used birthday money and some money I had for myself on this game.

Now, they do this.

I worked really hard to get to 47K IL. I busted butt in Avernus grinding favor for weapons and hunts (some of which I got to do before they changed them) as well as Skirmishes, Trials, Advanced Dungeons, and getting my butt repeatedly kicked in New Sharandar to get seals/currency for gear that got me finally to that 47K. But, I know a huge boost came from buying those rare mount collars (one for each slot and on sale).

Looking at new players... I see them as screwed unless they spend 5+hours everyday playing this game or 100s of dollars on it. The drop rates on mounts collars, refinements for collars, insignias, rps for insignias, certain gear, are just way too low; gatekeeping RTQ is garbage especially when everything truly worth buying in the AH for raising your toon's IL is going to cost over a million in AD. Rushing to endgame is fine for people who already have a toon, but for new players just screws them as it doesn't prepare them for the real nature of the game. I help new players all the time and many of them end up quitting right after reaching level 20 and 20K because they see the greed behind moves like this. The obvious designs to get/force players to spend irl money on ZEN or on items to raise their IL. And not just some money, but a LOT of money.