test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

40k IL RTQ Renovated Demogorgon Update

thezabojcathezabojca Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited September 2021 in Player Feedback (PC)
Dear Developers,
My name is Wojciech and I enjoy playing Neverwinter.
Together with half of a PC playerbase we just loudly cried in Zone chat of Protector's Enclave, because due to a "renovated" Demogorgon you have RISEN required Item Level for the Random Trial Queue called in short "RTQ".

Now majority of player base cannot access the main source of Raw Astral Diamonds (RAD) income. Can you do something about it?
I would like you to notice that 40 000 Item Level is really hard to get nowadays. It's not like everybody has it. We all know that elitists who play this game their entire lifes have to have some place to play, but for God's love It's unplayable for newer and intermediate players.

You, as developers, have blocked a content from us. Neverwinter is all about progression and everything is already expensive on Auction House (AH). We cannot grind forever to get 1 simple item. You just blocked us from casual gaming.

We all know we can queue to these Trials by Manual queuing, but we will not get much currency, because they all provide very small amounts already. We would have to spend our entire day just to beat the limit of 100k AD.

Please, do something with it. I would rather scream "WHAT ARE YOU DOING", but I am really trying to convince you here that we "average" gamers also want to enjoy the game. Please, do not make a Neverwinter a "grindy" game like typical Korean MMORPG where you have to spend your entire life to get into the endgame.

We need your help. Please, let us, low geared players also enjoy the game, because the entire update just brought a doom upon us.
Without reaching a 100k AD limit we cannot grind for better gear and upgrades.
Without better gear we cannot play (previously) normal content to maximize AD.
Without the best gear we cannot even reach end game campaigns like Sharandar.

Sorry to say If I wrote something that offended you. I am not gonna hide it. I am really sad, frustrated and disappointed what you have just done.
I hope you will help us somehow,
Thank you, Wojciech.

PS I have noticed you gave us a single legendary mount insygnia to boost our Item Levels to 40 000 I guess, but It's just not enough. It's a drip in a sea of tears.

Comments

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Sooooo how's lower players supposed to gather AD? Was this an intended change? Nothing in patch notes about it.
  • jkd666jkd666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    What is the fate of a game that doesn't listen to the players? What makes life difficult for new players?
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    They are trying to force players to switch items to newer content's items I guess. If you are new/do not have a full stable/comp list, you really will need new items - battlepass items perhaps? (And, ultimately, you will need to buy mounts and comps. Here is our mount bundle on sale!!) Maybe there is not enough spending, maybe there is not enough people using new gear (since the "old" gear is better in scaled content, in many cases).
    They just love their IL. That will not change. For the $$$ department, it is prolly not the best if you can wing a big part of the game with a low IL, not many mounts, not many comps etc. So lets just force them to upgrade, that way they do not have to make better (stronger) items to replace the old and nerf them in the end.
    - bye bye -
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Gosh there must have been a paragraph or two missing from the dev blog.
  • kaderukawa#3483 kaderukawa Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    you killed rtq
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I totally get the upset here with a 40k requirement. I haven't logged in yet since the update, does this requirement apply to all trials or just Demogorgon? In other words, can you still queue for the other trials such as Tiamat or does it apply to all?

I have to say that I understand why they made the minimum, the updated version is much harder (according to the devs - and I believe them on this one after reading the notes on how they changed it) and I was concerned about 30k players being able to handle it.

We pushed for a 3 tier system a long while back when they were first introducing the 2 tier, this stands out as a prime case of why it was needed and it's a shame they didn't go that way.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    edited September 2021
    armadeonx said:

I totally get the upset here with a 40k requirement. I haven't logged in yet since the update, does this requirement apply to all trials or just Demogorgon? In other words, can you still queue for the other trials such as Tiamat or does it apply to all?

I have to say that I understand why they made the minimum, the updated version is much harder (according to the devs - and I believe them on this one after reading the notes on how they changed it) and I was concerned about 30k players being able to handle it.

We pushed for a 3 tier system a long while back when they were first introducing the 2 tier, this stands out as a prime case of why it was needed and it's a shame they didn't go that way.

A 3 tier system would be cool if we had enough players.

- bye bye -
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

we *used to*......
    Well kinda, if you mean separate queue for IC etc - we were after a broader spread of options rather than the most recent dungeon & trial...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • wendigo#4040 wendigo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    They just love the wallet, not the players :D
    edited September 2021

armadeonx said:

we *used to*......
    Well kinda, if you mean separate queue for IC etc - we were after a broader spread of options rather than the most recent dungeon & trial...
    well, there was that, but i meant like, before everything changed when the m16 nation attacked, before huntgate, etc.
    That's not what I would have in mind for a real 3 tier system, but I assume that could last us for another CDP if that had ever mattered :D
    e. quoting is hard
    - bye bye -

What are you complaining about?
    Ppl have been asking for hard content.
    It was delivered.
    If you are in sharandar you most likely are 40k and as a NEW trial it is not for all players.
    There are many rando q to enter. Play what you qualified for.
    It is a game have fun.

RTQ = hard content ???
    - bye bye -
  • shadowslave604shadowslave604 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    > @jules#6770 said:
    > RTQ = hard content ???

For alot of ppl i am sure it is.
    But for brand new trial it really needs to be in its own NEW Q for a little while.

Also new fresh 40k players should have issues in NEW content. Until they learn mechanics and get the better drops.
    That is how games work. Get some carries if you need. Then help others.
    That is what guild and alliance help is for.
    Shadowslave604

RELAPSEGuild

Darsyus Dawnblade - Human Female - Paladin - Main 22k ilvl
    Grunnarch the Red - DragonBorn Male - Barbarian
    Shazglar Swifthunter - Half Orc Female - Ranger
    Shynt'Drin Do'Urden - Drow Male - Rogue
    Fari - Human Female - Wizard
    Tisha SwornHeart - Tiefling Female - Warlock
    Brom Bloodeye - Dwarf Male - Fighter
    Luna Starshine - Halfling Female - Cleric

> @jules#6770 said:
    > RTQ = hard content ???

For alot of ppl i am sure it is.
    But for brand new trial it really needs to be in its own NEW Q for a little while.

I think that's the only problem people really have with it - they should take it out of RTQ and let everybody that is not 40k play msva, codg and tia.
    - bye bye -
  • powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    And once again we have a complete failure to be open and honest and to communicate changes to the player base. How was this not foreseen? How was this not included in the release notes? Seems to me this is just another change was rushed into the game - yet again. If enough people complain, we just might get a response - as unpleasant as it might be. But some communication is better than none.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    40k is something really difficult for a new player with no knowledge and experience in the game to get on quickly and easily. This will force players for example to maximize the Protector artifact set that the game gives (which is very good for beginners and very bad for the course of the game) and prevents new players from quickly searching for the Mirage weapons which is the set that currently delivers more damage. It also prevents players from running away with completely unequipped alternate characters, which will likely reduce the failure rate - it might even encourage them to get some affection. For these new players, content such as Expeditions in Undermountain and farm coins for acquiring juma became increasingly important, as did the repetition of random normal dungeons and skirmishs. As a veteran player this won't affect me at all, but I'm worried about what harms the younger ones, so I'll leave the suggestion for the normal dungeon contents to have their RAD gain increased, even because I believe that players like me, don't they run more of these contents and don't even care to gain more RAD than they already have.

A tip for new players reading this post, when choosing the necklace that the game gives when you finish some of your adventures, choose the RAD bonus necklace, it will be very useful after these changes.

*After doing some tests on Rainer's great program, I believe 35k would be a more compatible number for RTQ, 40k is really something very difficult and time-consuming to achieve for a new player.*
    Post edited by admiralwarlord#3792 on
  • chrisb#7185 chrisb Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I just don't have the time to devote to running longer and longer content for poor rewards.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    Right now completing a Demo out of a queue is painful but doable.
    With lowered threshold, it couldn’t be finished, like most things where newbies are allowed in.

Unfortunately, the truth is that without knowledge of mechanics and the ability to deal decent damage, you are useless in dungeons.

Unfortunately, the rewards are not bad but rather tragic. I'm not going to waste tokens on 3 to 4 black opals.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    There's no way ppl below 40k IL are gonna have a good time in the new demo. It makes sense that they are limited out of it. But it makes no sense at all for this to be lumped into RTQ.

What are you complaining about?
    Ppl have been asking for hard content.
    It was delivered.
    If you are in sharandar you most likely are 40k and as a NEW trial it is not for all players.
    There are many rando q to enter. Play what you qualified for.
    It is a game have fun.

Sorry but I gotta disagree with almost your entire post here lol But before you read my comments please know that I've completed demo several times and do really enjoy it! Personally I find it fun, but I've not had the pleasure of it popping for RTQ.

-We are complaining that RTQ now requires 40k IL.

-I dont' know about you but we've been asking for NEW hard content. Not old content to be made hard and eff up content that the majority of the player base could actually play. And at the same time eff up RTQ for an AD stream. Truth be told this remake is not really hard, it's just different. Fastest complete for me today was 8 minutes.

-You right... But new trial shouldn't be in RTQ and shouldn't be the cause of an big IL increase for RTQ. Why is tomm not in RTQ? It's been around a long time and it's around 40k IL to join is it not?

-40K IL needed for tiamat and msva.... Got it -_-

And once again we have a complete failure to be open and honest and to communicate changes to the player base. How was this not foreseen? How was this not included in the release notes? Seems to me this is just another change was rushed into the game - yet again. If enough people complain, we just might get a response - as unpleasant as it might be. But some communication is better than none.

This is extremely irritating... Nothing but lip service telling us things will be more transparent. Completely lost any remaining credibility or benefits of the doubt @nitocris83

I think that's the only problem people really have with it - they should take it out of RTQ and let everybody that is not 40k play msva, codg and tia.

And the old version of demo!!!