test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request AGAIN to auto sell items crafted via professions for gold

pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
HI ,

last year ( https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1256373/another-proffesions-quality-of-life-request ) I asked wether professions crafting could be auto sold via the vendors for the gold.
We have the capability to auto refine insignias and RP . Why is there still no option available to auto sell rings etc crafted for gold via professions ?

If we try to sell the rings we can sell as RP but professions is about generating gold . So please update this so that we can get the gold we are crafting for .
It's a pain clicking 80 times ( or more ) to sell an item for the gold .

Comments

• madmartigan#1315 madmartigan Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    this would be great. but, to be fair id be much happier to get a way to craft in batches using morale. this would save serious time.
    and look.... on the selling end.... if you hold ctrl or shift (cant remember atm) while double clicking to sell say, a leather visor +1, it already comes up with a quantity slider that only goes from 0 to 1. seems like they could just let that include everything else in the inventory with the exact same name.
    the crafting and the selling are both slow, id love to see them speed up either.... better yet, both!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    They don't want to give you an easy way to generate gold like botting it. Crafting stuff is more or less automatic already. They make sure it is pain to click 80 times. 80 times is nothing comparing for those who has many characters and many account doing the same thing. Say, daily 80000 clicks.

Without this pain, everyone will just put all toon to do this "auto-run" in the back burner. i.e. eliminate (say) 80000 clicks. Effectively, build in botting. Effectively, the gold bar you make (to sell in AH) will be worthless.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    > @plasticbat said:
    > They don't want to give you an easy way to generate gold like botting it. Crafting stuff is more or less automatic already. They make sure it is pain to click 80 times. 80 times is nothing comparing for those who has many characters and many account doing the same thing. Say, daily 80000 clicks.
    >
    > Without this pain, everyone will just put all toon to do this "auto-run" in the back burner. i.e. eliminate (say) 80000 clicks. Effectively, build in botting. Effectively, the gold bar you make (to sell in AH) will be worthless.

My general take on this: If a bot is more efficient doing a task, then the task is broken and needs a rework. You could imho attach mass Morale or mass selling with an additional Gold cost. Who says no?
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I agree with Plasticbat. Making the task significantly easier would result in the devaluation of gold bars in the AH rendering it a pointless task for everyone except those intending to use the gold for themselves for master crafting.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    edited September 2021

> @plasticbat said:
    > They don't want to give you an easy way to generate gold like botting it. Crafting stuff is more or less automatic already. They make sure it is pain to click 80 times. 80 times is nothing comparing for those who has many characters and many account doing the same thing. Say, daily 80000 clicks.
    >
    > Without this pain, everyone will just put all toon to do this "auto-run" in the back burner. i.e. eliminate (say) 80000 clicks. Effectively, build in botting. Effectively, the gold bar you make (to sell in AH) will be worthless.

My general take on this: If a bot is more efficient doing a task, then the task is broken and needs a rework. You could imho attach mass Morale or mass selling with an additional Gold cost. Who says no?

A bot is always more efficient to do anything if one can design a bot to do it seamlessly.
    Making a bot yourself is considered cheating.
    If the game gives you a bot, it is considered "legal".
    So, does the game designer want to give you a bot?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
    so what actual task allows you to craft gold bars , the closest I have seen is the gold needle or capernickle needle .
    When I search the recipes ( and I have full masterworks ) there is no recipe for gold bars .
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited September 2021

> @plasticbat said:
    >

I don't know if you know, but Neverwinter had a period where auto-bots were a big problem, it got out of hand and became quite the issue. To the point they even closed down down something called 'Gateway' which was extremely popular with players but was being exploited pretty badly. We also at one point had huge groups of bot characters stationed at map entrances jumping up and down on the spot like ants. I think due to the history of people abusing automation the company would be unlikely to create new things which hinted at automation because it's a kind of sensitive topic. But that's just my opinion.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
    edited September 2021
    pelgrax said:

so what actual task allows you to craft gold bars , the closest I have seen is the gold needle or capernickle needle .
    When I search the recipes ( and I have full masterworks ) there is no recipe for gold bars .

You do not craft gold bar. You make gold (which cannot be traded in AH) and use gold to buy gold bar from the vendor. Gold bar itself can be traded in AH. There is no lose between getting gold from gold bar and getting gold bar from gold. The difference is one can be traded in AH and the other cannot be.

One gold bar = one gold.
    The current price in AH is 37K AD for 100 gold bar.
    The vendor that sells skill kits usually sells gold bar too.
    For those who are AD rich and want gold but don't want to do 80 daily clicks can buy gold bar from AH.
  • madmartigan#1315 madmartigan Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    > @pelgrax said:
    > so what actual task allows you to craft gold bars , the closest I have seen is the gold needle or capernickle needle .
    > When I search the recipes ( and I have full masterworks ) there is no recipe for gold bars .

the task is called "leather visor". you make the heck out of those... hopefully with Jackie Local or whatever her name is. sell them to a vendor for your gold. buy the bars from a general merchant.
    it doesnt have to be a leather visor... it could be bone rings or cloth hats... something that uses few inexpensive materials, only takes 5 morale, and sells for 34 copper. most professions have a few options. im pretty sure leather visors are where its at tho for strict profit

edit: lol yeah 34 silver :p
    Post edited by madmartigan#1315 on
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    Except the items sell for 34 silver.
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User

I don't know if you know, but Neverwinter had a period where auto-bots were a big problem, it got out of hand and became quite the issue. To the point they even closed down down something called 'Gateway' which was extremely popular with players but was being exploited pretty badly. We also at one point had huge groups of bot characters stationed at map entrances jumping up and down on the spot like ants. I think due to the history of people abusing automation the company would be unlikely to create new things which hinted at automation because it's a kind of sensitive topic. But that's just my opinion.

A batch-sell or mass-morale feature does not hint at automation, it does quite the opposite. It's for players who do not want to grind through the click-heavy and repetitive process.

Sure you have to have the economy in mind, but that's why I'd attach a significant cost to batch features.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Being able to sell all of an item type would be nice but if you are willing to accept slightly less profit, consider the round healing potions. They require a bit of Gathering (Sweetgale can't be bought from the vendor) but they stack. A full, maxed out delivery box reduces to four inventory spaces when you empty it That means only 4 items to sell instead of 30.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited September 2021

A batch-sell or mass-morale feature does not hint at automation, it does quite the opposite. It's for players who do not want to grind through the click-heavy and repetitive process.

Sure you have to have the economy in mind, but that's why I'd attach a significant cost to batch features.
    Before: the crafting was not automated. There was no need to get gold. Hence, no point to sell tons for gold. Crafting itself was the element of "repetitive process" to give player pain.
    After: crafting is automated through delivery box. There is need to get gold. They implemented gold to be a requirement. Using moral/selling of small items as the "repetitive process" to give player (who feel there is a need to farm gold) pain.

Either way, there is something to stop (or try to stop) the automation in the whole process.

Before: Crafting was the pain factor. If you crafted, you could not avoid the pain.
    After: Moral and selling of small items is the pain factor. One can easily avoid that because you can get gold through other mean. You don't have to use moral to craft small items. For most who does not bother to farm gold through crafting, this pain factor is non-existence.

Regardless, with the current pain factor, 100 gold bar (3 to 4 days of daily 80+ clicks) only worth 37K AD. That means there are people who is willing to endure (say) 300 clicks of pain to get 33K AD (after AH transaction fee). The gold bar will worth nothing if there is no pain factor at all.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    They could just add another button; "Use All Morale" on a job.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Just remember, some items cost more to make than you can get from a vendor.
  • swillisusa#5229 swillisusa Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    The more recent additions to sort made selling the items we craft much easier and faster, but I do wish there was a way to take advantage of crafting a choice for all my morale, and if I chose an artisan that gives bonus the heck yeah get 102 instead of 80 of something that crafts for 5 morale. Then it would be great if I could right click on that item and select sell all. Mind you I like the sorts that have been done for our inventory, but being able to perform a sell all would be great.
  • mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 383 Arc User
    I think I feel sorry for the vendors!