test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Armor Enchantments

wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
edited September 2021 in Player Feedback (PC)
I have been testing Armor Enchantments, and have found that some of them are extremely good (Negation, Elven Battle, Fireburst, Eclipse, Shadowclad), while others feel extremely weak compared to alternatives (Briartwine, Loamweave, Thunderhead, Frostburn).

The extremely weak ones are mainly weak damaging enchants because an alternative exists with higher magnitude.
Fireburst outperforms Loamweave, Thunderhead and Briartwine easily, making it the only viable option for players that want to deal some extra damage based on incoming hits.

Briartwine could easily be fixed by having its % damage increased, as it is dealing a miniscule % value of post mitigated damage at the moment.

The weirdest problem I found with any of the enchants is the Bloodthefts ability to activate based on the 2-8% extra damage we get from weapon enchantments.

As this is counted as its own attack, the bloodtheft enchant generates very small hits most of the time.

As I see it, there are two possible ways to fix this underperforming enchantment ;

1. Have the +X% to at-will/encounter/daily attacks from Weapon Enchantments add to the actual powers instead of being a separate attack.
2. Have the Bloodtheft enchantment ignore all damage from the +X% damage dealt by weapon enchantments.

@nitocris83 @skingdev#1102
Elite Whaleboy

Comments

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I was always disappointed with Briartwine, I had one a few years back and had to trade up to a Fireburst.

Prior to the combat rework I always liked to use an armor enchantment that dealt damage back to attacking enemies but after Defence was reworked, CA increased & tanks losing their shielding ability with a couple of hits I've had to switch to more defensive options (usually Elven Battle on my Pally for faster stamina gain).
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    Briartwine was awesome when it could proc effects 👌 Imagine how powerful it would be today if it procced the Band of Air 😂

Hopefully devs will make the minor adjustments needed to level the differences between the armor enchants that deal damage and take a look at the Bloodtheft to increase their usefulness.
    Elite Whaleboy