Install Arc

Bypass Gold Ring and Gold-Plated Ring- REFOUND

13»

Comments

• alquimistgg#0914 alquimistgg Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    mre#9247 said:

Either way this option:

2. making it item level 1414.
    Would have been a better option, then a straight nerf...

it's not a nerf, it's a fix. not seeing the absurd difference with the other rings and buying it hoping they would not fix it, is a lack of common sense. in addiction to this, you're also asking for a buff of the item, increasing the item level from 1010 to 1414. KEKW.

Friend, I understand you in some parts, but given the whole reality of the game, the best option would be to adjust the stats a little bit by keeping the CR at 404, or further reduce the CR so that the ring would match your item level , I don't see this "fix" as the most appropriate, it was disrespectful to the players. as I've said in other compentarios, I'm not a player who bought any of these rings, and I'm a very veteran in addition to having seen the post on the forum talking about him being unbalanced, and yet I didn't expect this attitude for them, the adjustment was unfair to those who bought it thinking they were sacrificing CR for more unique status. As some colleague mentioned above, the problem is not to have a ring that gives 10k status, but the result of the final calculation when added to the C.R.
    image - ALQUImist-WL@alquimistgg#0914
    greywynd said:

Also "Those exploiting the rings are actually getting off easy if all that happens is that the rings are nerfed."
    Did you actually read what you wrote there @mentinmindmaker ? So are you saying that picking up loot or buying from AH is called Exploiting? because I don't follow...

They were items with known issues. It is not an exploit. If it were there would have been bannings for using them. No warnings were given. Their usage was allowed until they were fixed.

What they were was dysfunctional for the item level/effect ratio. They were not nerfed. They were fixed to be in line with the other rings of similar item level.
    only that they were aligned in the wrong way without the slightest consideration with the players, which is sad, there were other ways to do this.

"Benefiting from an existing bug is called exploit."

So are you saying that I pick up an item that gives good stats from the game legitimately (AS A DROP) and that I am the one to blame that the stats are broken?

If you are USING an item that is obviously overpowered/has the wrong stats, then you will be exploiting a bug. You can't be blamed for it dropping, but you CAN be blamed for using it.

This is where common sense comes in. And in this case common sense kept many/most people away from purchasing the bugged rings. But yes, too bad for the newbies that are unfamiliar with normal gear values and the rules that apply.
    and once again we see "OBVIOUSLY" appearing as an argument, there are people who really think everything is right here. it's not just a question of being a rookie or a veteran.
    mushellka said:

So are you saying that I pick up an item that gives good stats from the game legitimately (AS A DROP) and that I am the one to blame that the stats are broken?

Are you saying that I am "exploiting" the game from the drops it gave me? This is an item drop we are talking about, not some kind of unintended method of cheating a dungeon or some other HAMSTER. I think this far does not drop onto the "exploit" category.

Are you saying I need to frequent the bug section of the forums before I enter the game? Are you saying that I should do the devs work of selecting items from a list of allowed ones even though it drops in the game?

Dude your logic on this topic seems way off.

Oh, how strange.
    I see you haven't understood, so I'll repeat for you:
    You don't need a forum to notice that the ring gives 3x as many stats as all the others.
    You need eyes and a brain.
    friend the ring gives 30% more final status after the calculation, not 3x more, watch his C.R and calculate, or read the other posts. it gives little more than 1400 item status, not 3030 as you make it out to be.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

only that they were aligned in the wrong way without the slightest consideration with the players, which is sad, there were other ways to do this.

The effect that they have was brought in line with the item level. They are old gear.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited September 2021

mushellka said:

Are you saying that I am "exploiting" the game from the drops it gave me? This is an item drop we are talking about, not some kind of unintended method of cheating a dungeon or some other HAMSTER. I think this far does not drop onto the "exploit" category.

Are you saying I need to frequent the bug section of the forums before I enter the game? Are you saying that I should do the devs work of selecting items from a list of allowed ones even though it drops in the game?

Oh, how strange.
    You don't need a forum to notice that the ring gives 3x as many stats as all the others.
    friend the ring gives 30% more final status after the calculation, not 3x more, watch his C.R and calculate, or read the other posts. it gives little more than 1400 item status, not 3030 as you make it out to be.
    Hmm. . . friend
    I wasn't writing about "final status", but about statistics.
    The ring was giving (incorrectly) 6060 + 9090 stats. After fix it gives 758 + 2272.
    Fact, it didn't give 3x as many stats as it should have.
    He was giving almost 9 times more accuracy than now, and 4 times combat adv. in comparison to current state. But if you add up these stats, he was about 5 times better than he should be. . .
    It is indeed easy to overlook...
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    mushellka said:

mushellka said:

Oh, how strange.
    Hmm. . . friend
    I wasn't writing about "final status", but about statistics.
    The ring was giving (incorrectly) 6060 + 9090 stats. After fix it gives 758 + 2272.
    Fact, it didn't give 3x as many stats as it should have.
    He was giving almost 9 times more accuracy than now, and 4 times combat adv. in comparison to current state. But if you add up these stats, he was about 5 times better than he should be. . .
    It is indeed easy to overlook...
    For the correct numbers to evaluate:
    Before the fix:
    Accuracy was 6060 + 404 = 6464
    Combat advantage was: 9090 + 404 = 9404.

After the fix:
    Accuracy is 758 + 808 = 1566
    Combat advantage is: 2272 + 808 = 3080

In terms of Accuracy number: it was about 4.1 times
    In terms of Combat advantage: it was 3 times.
    All other stat has 404 more in the new version.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    I realized that many here don't even know how the stat calculations work, much less how the combined ranting works, so it's a waste of time to debate about it when there's too much information missing.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited September 2021

I realized that many here don't even know how the stat calculations work, much less how the combined ranting works, so it's a waste of time to debate about it when there's too much information missing.

I am pretty sure many understand how "combined ranting" works. My wife does that everyday. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    I don't know what's wrong with you guys, but I'm not prying.
    You wrote with "concern" abuot newbies, who without reading the forum and not knowing how to calculate the correct values buy "unconsciously" rings and . . . "oh, my, what nager harm is done to them."
    So I explained to you that by looking ONLY at the statistics and skipping the complicated calculation process, you can figure out that something about the ring is not quite right.
    You're the one lecturing me on how it's not calculated.
    I know how to HAMSTER calculate it.
    So save your calculations. . .for yourself.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

This is the best thread I have seen in a long time.

Got to give this a +1
  • tankready#0772 tankready Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    > @dnkhacked#7165 said:
    > Refound astral diamonds spend on these 2 rings to players who bought them on trade house.
    > Check log and refound our diamonds spent.

Your right i would also like refund on my legendary non account wide mounts i bought for 16 mil each haha