test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We have been making adjustments to companion powers to address the drastic imbalances across them.

ewjax#5077 ewjax Member Posts: 68 Arc User
@nitocris83

I noticed the post indicated that the HDPS comps would be balanced, what about all the completely useless LOW DPS striking comps? Granted there a few that have a eDPS 25k+, what about the dozens that are under 10k? Displacer Beast being the absolute worse of the bunch at 2k eDPS.

Our guild has everything from endgame, to complete new players, when you released the fey lockbox with the displacer I saw so many people that were silly enough to waste resources upgrading them.

My point is balance can be balance not just nerfing, would be great to see some fixing. If your going to balance add some balance, otherwise leave them be, with some good and some bad.

Comments

• kir4me8604#8436 kir4me8604 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    They were Targeted! Just like the Air Archon. Crabs in a bucket effect: One or more companions rise just to get knocked down by nerfs. I pray one day the bucket just tips over so all those crabs could just walk out.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    The primary differentiators between companions should be their role (ST/AE/Healer/Buffer), stat & active bonuses and any additional support values (e.g. Regis providing 3% recharge speed to a group)

Outside of that there really should be minimal difference of total output in the dps range (imo)
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    Rather a companion is good or bad, BIS just takes away from player choice and funnels everyone down the same road: nerfs.

Design and Improve these companions to do what they are intended to do: HEAL, DAMAGE, and TANK. Not sit and stare at the enemies as we run around popping potions, artifacts, mount powers just to save us during long cooldowns.

Take a page from Dragon's Dogma, the Pawn System in that game is serious. Those companions fight with you, make recommendations, pick you up if you go down, warn you, give you items and potions. LOL.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    You can interpret the official post in two ways:
    a) accept what is written there - and assume they fixed an unintentional AoE effect of an power, while they have no idea their touch to a power that barely mattered somehow significantly tanked everything - including ST performance of the companion in a trivial dummy test... (not exactly unlikely)
    b) accept the game cash mechanics - too many people have the mentioned companions (Air Archon, Xuna, Abyssal Chicken, Black Ice Prospector, and Cold Iron Warrior) on the mythic quality and it is necessary to motivate those to further invest in their chars... (true)

Either way, it is really a continuous process. You should not expect the game you play today to be played the same way tomorrow. Which means: if you like and enjoy anything here at all, or are proud on your progress... oh, boy, you are in trouble.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    New companions will always outshine the old. It generates revenue. Then, later, they will be neutered, and the cycle will happen again.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    All of those companions getting nerfed are all old companions. Xuna is not new. Air Archon is not new. Black Ice Prospector is not new. Nor is the Cold Iron Warrior.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User
    edited September 2021

All of those companions getting nerfed are all old companions. Xuna is not new. Air Archon is not new. Black Ice Prospector is not new. Nor is the Cold Iron Warrior.

A way to make new companion to outshine the old one is to nerf the old one. New does not necessary a totally new created from scratch one but can be (say) new in Zen store.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    They need a transparent companion policy which is established and does not change and most importantly is conveyed to the players clearly once and for all so everyone knows what to expect from this time forward. One such policy could be that when new zen companions are introduced all previous 'premium' companions are adjusted down to match all the others to prevent power creep, this way players would know and expect that at some point newer more elite companions were eventually adjusted down to settle-in along with the rest and not again changed, and they effectively got a minor benefit from new ones for a period of time but at some point those companions would also match all the others in power. This would do two things, first it would mean players who wanted to have the absolute best and continually chase that, would be able to do so seeing they don't care about anything other than having the best there is regardless of what the companion looks like and could just keep upgrading and swapping-out, and it would also allow everyone else to understand that most companions were in a pool of comparable ones and sooner or later no matter what companion it was, it would eventually join this pool. It would also be nice to have new companions released on some kind of regular time calendar arrangement which did not alter so players had certainty on how long a new premium companion was going to be viable for ('x' months for example) and plan ahead for the next one's release.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    And once again, the ToS spells out that they can change whatever they want whenever they want. If they made such a policy as you suggest it would only be smoke on the wind.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    The companions as a whole no longer perform their stated roles, defender, striker, healer.

All we have are Strikers and they keep getting nerfed.

Healers won’t be fixed because they want you to rely on healer potions or stones, so solo content with any kind of companion other than a striker is pointless at this time. Because of the combat system.

Lastly, if this quest for balance makes them all the same. What’s the point? What is there to strive for? If they are interchangeable why go after or buy or level any of them since they won’t be doing much, except for Soriadel, who will continue to get in everybody’s way and block the screen. 😄

People like to feel special and have cool stuff, turning a Corvette into a Corolla certainly isn’t the answer.

Lastly, there are so many more issues that need fixed far and above Companion doing damage.

You’re polishing a lamp while the boat continues to spring more leaks.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User

except for Soriadel, who will continue to get in everybody’s way and block the screen. 😄

This. xD

Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.