test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tomb of the Nine Gods puzzle trap bug

chisca17chisca17 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
We decided to skip the 2nd puzzle and when we triggered the trap we got the situation where the door would collapse and we would have to move the rocks out of the way. Everything was going fine, the door was cleaning up, until one of the party members picked the last rock. On their way to the rock pile, the door suddenly became filled with rocks again and the party member couldn't drop the rock in the pile. We tried using the "Defeat me" command and went back, but the door was still blocked and we couldn't interact with it.

Lesson learned, don't skip the puzzles.

Comments

• rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I've never seen a problem with the rocks before, skipping both the puzzles is something people do all the time and it's intended to be able to do that, so they should fix it.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    I've seen people get stuck in the rocks.
    If you get to close to them while picking the rocks up, you can get stuck. Defeat me results in the puzzle becoming bugged.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • chisca17chisca17 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    > @liadan1984#8734 said:
    > I've seen people get stuck in the rocks.
    > If you get to close to them while picking the rocks up, you can get stuck. Defeat me results in the puzzle becoming bugged.

The problem was that the door was clean while the party member was carrying the last stone, and in a split second it became filled again, like we hadn't moved any rocks.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for reporting! If anyone else is experiencing this situation (the one specified in the OP), please let us know!
  • zaprobozaprobo Member Posts: 25 Arc User

Thanks for reporting! If anyone else is experiencing this situation (the one specified in the OP), please let us know!

Have experienced in the past - seems to happen more frequently if you're standing very close to the rock pile when picking up rocks, in the later stages of the task. Will complete successfully if you stand as far back as possible when picking up.
    Zaphod "Zap-Robo" Robotnik
    http://zap-robo.net/