test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wizard after changes : non intended nerfed

sorcio2sorcio2 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
edited September 2021 in Player Feedback (PC)
non intended nerf to steal time encounter

hello to the devs ,
you tried to buff steal time encounter on wizard, but FORGOT that the casting itself was most of that encounter dmg, because we would proc storm spell with his small bits of dmg procs that made the encounter actually decent in terms of aoe build.
Now you removed the small procs with the reduced casting time and the spell is less good because you cant get the procs anymore while casting.
We were intended to get buffed and not nerfed, pls change steal time to the way it was before or change it for better reflecting the lost dmg from those lost procs.
@nitocris83 @noworries#8859
Post edited by sorcio2 on

Comments

• trelamytrelamy Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Please increase the magnitude of steal time to compensate for the damage loss while casting it. :'(
    Our beliefs don't make us better people. Our actions do.
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    Additionally, the sound of the power is completely gone. Only the hit sound is still there. This is connected to the above issue, because evidently it was connected to the casting itself as well. I am marking this in red because I think a power having no sound at all is a bug, not a feature request or normal feedback.

Please give me back my Sssssssssssssshhh poof! But then make it Sssssshh poof! since the cast time is now shorter. Or just revert the change.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    tgwolf said:

Arcanist shouldn't have AoEs to begin with and if you use Arcanist for AoE, you are part of the reason the Wizard is in a poor state.

Thaumaturge should be the Primary and only focus for anything AoE related and until it is in a good place; the ONLY Paragon worked on.

Arcanist is for ST only.

Do you have a source for this? In mod 16, the devs stated unequivocally that all dps paths on all classes were supposed to be good for both ST and AOE.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    tgwolf said:

Arcanist shouldn't have AoEs to begin with and if you use Arcanist for AoE, you are part of the reason the Wizard is in a poor state.

Thaumaturge should be the Primary and only focus for anything AoE related and until it is in a good place; the ONLY Paragon worked on.

Arcanist is for ST only.

There is no reason for such a silly separation. It would be the only pure dps class where such a separation would apply and it would make no sense lore-wise. Why should an arcanist be able to cast a single lightning only and not a storm of lightning (as an example)?

If any separation is thinkable then the separation between the power sources. Fire and ice could be exclusive for the Thaumaturge, lightning and arcane exclusive for Arcanist. However, since for the arcanist the chill stacks also contribute a lot to the Arcanist's damage, more arcane and lightning powers, class features, and so on and much more balancing would be needed between the two paragon paths. Pretty unlikely for the current state of the developer studio (too few developers).
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    @tgwolf is just pulling stuff out of his rear end for whatever reason. Probably a disappointed Thaumaturge enthusiast? Not sure. I guess I'd agree that you have to make both Paragons more distinctive. If that's ST vs. AoE or DPS vs. Control is up for discussion.

But more importantly @tgwolf apparently hasn't followed the dev posts at all and is completely unaware about the general scope of changes the devs can currently implement for the Wizard. For sure Thauma needs more work technically, but the class overall just needs a buff period. A full rework and balancing of Paragon Paths is off the table at the moment.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    They ignored all requests for bug fixes (deleting posts) and said they didn't have time for anything major, limiting themselves to updates to various powers.

Not working out great so far...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    tgwolf said:

Arcanist is for ST only.

Stop trying to force your beliefs on others. Don't try and tell me how to play my wizard, thanks.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • sorcio2sorcio2 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    > @tgwolf said:
    > Arcanist shouldn't have AoEs to begin with and if you use Arcanist for AoE, you are part of the reason the Wizard is in a poor state.
    >
    > Thaumaturge should be the Primary and only focus for anything AoE related and until it is in a good place; the ONLY Paragon worked on.
    >
    > Arcanist is for ST only.

So xd by your logic... You only need 4 encounters in each paragon... And only 2 or 3 feats max... What about the othet skills xD? Or you want a bigger bar to put all the skills you unlock as you level up your char? Like where is the logic behind that cause i cant see it xdddddddd
  • badnickname#3262 badnickname Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I found that steal time is better now. We are not interrupted anymore. Long casting on encounters was the one of the reasons why wizard was bad in AoE fights. A smal amount of damage from procing storm spell is not worth changing casting time back to the old value. In this case, storm spell should be reworked because is not so meaningful now. I was today with wizard friend in hvos and his impressions about Steal Time was also positive. Maybe animation could look better, but it's just an aesthetic thing. The fight is faster and survivability is better thanks to low casting.

hc-mobs1

I excluded bosses from this chart. The Storm Spell is a small portion of damage when we looking on whole picture. This mechanic requires rework.
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User

I just looked through my Arcanist Power tab and I do not see "Touch of WInd". Could you be kind enough to guide me to where this power exists in the current release? Am I correct that you are looking only at the Arcanist Paragon for this chart?

Thanks!

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

I just looked through my Arcanist Power tab and I do not see "Touch of WInd". Could you be kind enough to guide me to where this power exists in the current release? Am I correct that you are looking only at the Arcanist Paragon for this chart?

Thanks!

This is the Ring of Air. You get it by gathering all Hardcore Vault of Stars bonus boss components, then finishing a hardcore Vault of Stars run to craft a ring.

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    rjc9000 said:

Thanks!

This is the Ring of Air. You get it by gathering all Hardcore Vault of Stars bonus boss components, then finishing a hardcore Vault of Stars run to craft a ring.
    You can also get it by eating Brussels Sprouts.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Steal time is now "strange" it feels that it doesnt work, but well, I assume we will get used to it
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Well, aside from visual area indicator gone I wish Steal Time would proc weapon enchantments. Can't seem to get any working.
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Thanks for the responses @rjc9000 and @armadeonx I will definitely consume the Brussel Sprouts before using my Wizards next time.

I did some Stronghold HEs on my Thaumaturge and noticed that the Fireball Encounter animation has been modified such that it is less a thrown fireball as much as triggering incendiary material at the mob remotely (a spark and a poof in the distance). I haven't turned on ACT to see if the numbers have changed, but from an operational standpoint I find it much more difficult to visually verify which mob was hit by the effect and how widely the AoE effect spread. The sound effect is almost inaudible as well. Typically I follow the fireball (targeting the strongest mob) with the Icy Rays on Tab so verifying 'who' was hit is important.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

You can also get it by eating Brussels Sprouts.

Eggs and/or beans.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.