test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bard note keybinds after 9/21 patch

With the patch today, the bard note keybinds were changed. I can see how this new layout makes sense, but I don’t think that changing it now after 3 weeks was a good move. I had gotten used to the previous layout while playing bard since it was released, and I’m a little frustrated with the change.

I’m curious of what other players think of this change. I’m sure everyone has different opinions on what the layout should be, but why change it now after we all had time to get used to it?

For me personally, I wish they would revert it back to the way it was or add an option in the options menu to choose which layout to use. It would be really cool if we could make our own note keybinds in the character sheet, but I’m sure that would take a lot of work on the development end.

Anyone else like me feeling like your bard forgot a song or two?

Comments

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Are you using keybinds on XBox? If so how are you doing that? Or are you just referring to which notes apply to the buttons?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • jslegge1901jslegge1901 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    It would have been nice to have been notified about the change prior to the update in the patch notes. I logged in and went to play a song and it was all wrong.

I don't like the change but the powers above dictate I don't have much of a say in the matter.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    I didn't even see anyone actually complaining about the buttons for the reasons given in the Patch notes.

But I can completely see exactly the kind of people who complained.
  • foofighter592foofighter592 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    > @armadeonx said:
    > Are you using keybinds on XBox? If so how are you doing that? Or are you just referring to which notes apply to the buttons?

I’m referring to which notes apply to each button. In the patch notes they called them keybinds for whatever reason.

> @tgwolf said:
    > I didn't even see anyone actually complaining about the buttons for the reasons given in the Patch notes.
    >
    > But I can completely see exactly the kind of people who complained.

I haven’t seen anyone complain about it either, so I’m curious where they got that feedback from.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Ok cool, I thought maybe I was missing a trick! I finally had a chance to get on my Bard post update this afternoon and yes the song I habitually use on my dps build was in the same order but different keys. It was a bit annoying...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • demonikhandemonikhan Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    It is garbage. I don't know what they were thinking. NO ONE WAS COMPLAINING. 3 weeks of finger memory... out the door. Thanks Arc. It's really coming to the point where 'if it can be broken then it will be broken'.