test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HUNTER Ranger and the Music Box

turtuclow#9473 turtuclow Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Hello developers. Since u guyz didnt play the game . U guyz MUST nerf the HR classe. Why ? HR cast daily and consume only 20 % of the daily. The Arcturia music Box set : Increase damage by 15 % for 10 esconds when u use a daily. Só HR use daily. Then loose ONLY 20 % . Then hit for 6 seconds . Then bingo daily Full again . For then get the arcturia music Box effect. Nerf HR daily

Comments

• rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Fact checker: no class in Neverwinter has a daily power that consumes only 20% of AP. ;)

On another note, most effects that are triggered on DP use are utterly useless exactly because DP can be used way too sparsely.
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Got some cheese for you . Lmao
    Ranger only class has an encounter misfire periodically, fact !
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Looks like someone didn’t get top of the boards.

Nerf all the things!
  • mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    Turt, why are you hating? You're a TR, the luckiest class in the game right now. Why would you ask for other classes to be nerfed?
  • dracory1#6808 dracory1 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Sorry but the only fact here is that ranger is overperforming in trials. Apprentices set is certainly contributing but is not 100% of the problem.

And yeah it's 25% not 20%. I'd go in depth but just gonna add to LOLs. Next time write a proper post rather than whining.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    anyway if you want a nerf for a class you have to have a post that is wildly popular stating that the class needs a buff.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    oh and video proof or it did not happen ...

bonus points: ...got me thinking ..unless the HR it an old account that was not forced a respect and is using the old boon % table
    which has been reported in the forums as a bug/ exploits .. so there is a small chance in all fairness this guy is not wrong but this bug ap gain ...etc ..would be specific to certain accounts and not all Hrs
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

@turtuclow#9473

I think you have the highest 'lol to like ratio' that I've seen in years - congrats!

Yeah, I'm the same way, but that's because the guy can't decide if he loves me or hates me :D
    (Above. 250 lols from one person :D)
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    > @modlesie said:
    > HR is hitting to hard anyway, need to be toned down.

Why so?
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    To date: 21 lols and no likes - it's a record!
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • agoraotro#4630 agoraotro Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    > @mbunny#5813 said:
    > > @turtuclow#9473 said:
    > > Hello developers. Since u guyz didnt play the game . U guyz MUST nerf the HR classe. Why ? HR cast daily and consume only 20 % of the daily. The Arcturia music Box set : Increase damage by 15 % for 10 esconds when u use a daily. Só HR use daily. Then loose ONLY 20 % . Then hit for 6 seconds . Then bingo daily Full again . For then get the arcturia music Box effect. Nerf HR daily
    > >
    >
    > To say to nerf a class because the only reason they are able to be on the board is because of a set is wrong way to look at it. Hr wouldn’t be that good without music box set. If anything they should buff hr and then they can mess with the set. Also, set is only good when able to position behind enemies so you have to be skilled at positioning. It excels in trials for sure, but not so much in other content unless you know where to be. You’re a rogue? You should have 0 issue beating hrs in content lol. You’re just getting outplayed by good hrs.
    >

The set triggers so as long the enemy is not facing you - you don’t really need to be behind enemies…
  • mbunny#5813 mbunny Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    > The set triggers so as long the enemy is not facing you - you don’t really need to be behind enemies…
    >

Who knows exactly what scope of area that that means. Most enemies are facing straight towards group at the start of combat. If you want combat advantage on mobs and are also using seeker’s vengeance, which most hrs are, you might as well get used to positioning yourself behind enemies to max damage output.
    modlesie said:

> @modlesie said:

Why so?

Because HR is able to double the damage of some others classes, and end game players well known truth about HR overperforming damage- the rest is just using "LOL" icon.
    Well they might be doing double *your* damage, but in my experience the ranger and rogue are pretty equal atm and most other dps classes are within the same range.

• modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

modlesie said:

> @modlesie said:

Why so?

Because HR is able to double the damage of some others classes, and end game players well known truth about HR overperforming damage- the rest is just using "LOL" icon.
    Well they might be doing double *your* damage, but in my experience the ranger and rogue are pretty equal atm and most other dps classes are within the same range.
    Yes, TR and HR are equal in dps- agree

Other classes are far behind for example CW.
  • modlesie said:

armadeonx said:

modlesie said:

> @modlesie said:

Why so?

In fact, the other classes use character builds that don't favor them. CW is perhaps the best example of this.
    modlesie said:

armadeonx said:

modlesie said:

> @modlesie said:

Why so?

Of course you're going to quote the one class that even the devs have admitted needs revising. They are currently working on updating CW powers to bring them into line. Check the CW section to see the thread.

• I know, I read the entire topic, as well as participated since I also have a CW. From what Dev commented, the class will gain small buffs (which doesn't mean they're insufficient), while some were incessantly asking for gigantic gains of magnitude. Finally, in other comments I had already talked about it, there are build variations for each class, especially when they are AoE.

I know, I read the entire topic, as well as participated since I also have a CW. From what Dev commented, the class will gain small buffs (which doesn't mean they're insufficient), while some were incessantly asking for gigantic gains of magnitude. Finally, in other comments I had already talked about it, there are build variations for each class, especially when they are AoE.

Sorry Admiral, my comment was directed at modlesie (I quoted them). I'm aware you have a CW :)

• modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User

Yea you are right- class are balanced- Except of HR ^.^

HR need to be nerfed, this is still my opinion :)
    edited September 2021
    Posting a 'Paingiver' without showing the TIL, stats & companion info can be highly misleading - Let alone a video showing how each player performed.

I've run dungeons where I've been top of the board on most of the classes - what you're showing does not constitute proof of anything.

• rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    @armadeonx You are mistaken, he gave you everything you needed: the run took 15 minutes.

As top performance in TOMM is about 7 mins now, you can safely assume that all (summed) dps is roughly half of what is possible.
    This is the case of "in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king".
    edited September 2021
    rikitaki said:

@armadeonx You are mistaken, he gave you everything you needed: the run took 15 minutes.

As top performance in TOMM is about 7 mins now, you can safely assume that all (summed) dps is roughly half of what is possible.
    This is the case of "in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king".

That's what I was implying - the top scorer in this case was doing better than the others because the others were not nearly geared well enough to compete.

He's attempting to mislead by posting only the paingiver and not screenshots of the stats & TIL of all players OR a video, as such things can be staged to deliberate present a false picture. Fortunately most people on the forums can see through it.

• jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    lmao
    - bye bye -
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    They were obviously carried by their companions.