test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

steal time

Whenever i use steal time on my wizard, it doesn't activate my weapon enhancement. Currently using the bilethorn rank 14.

Comments

• redfist#9572 redfist Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Is this confirmed by devs? I'm seeing my weapon damage proc when I use disintegrate but not when I use steal time.
  • redfist#9572 redfist Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I can't post my own threads yet, but steal time also seems to have a bug wrt Elemental Reinforcement.

If I cast at a dummy, ray of frost OR storm pillar OR icy terrain OR disintegrate OR arcane tempest, I see (accurately) that I am at "double reinforcement" of the appropriate damage type. However, when I cast steal time I do **not** see "double reinforcement". That implies that steal time is dropping the damage buff from 10% to 5% for the remainder of the elemental timing window. I would *presume* that this is likely caused by steal time being viewed behind the scenes as 2 arcane spells in a row.
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    I don't play much wizard, but at this point what the class needs is a complete rework...

arcane empowerment daily as many people said, needs to go, because they need to take it into consideration when making adjustments to the class path

Aoe encounters also have low magnitudes, all classes have at least 1 hard hiting aoe 400 plus mag, wizards don't

On the other post someone sugested that maelstorm of chaos should be tuned into an encounter i kinda agree with it, but it would still need a radius buff because right now this daily has a lower radius than icy terrain

even ice storm daily (600 mag) would be a better aoe encounter than most of what the class has right now

Icy terrain has a small radius

Lightning bolt is plain useless and it has been like that as far as i can remember, even pre mod 16 this was a problem

Arcane tempest seriously needs a radius buff, i was doing PF during last 2x enchanting stones and i used it on the middle wizard on top of the stairs at the entrance and it din't hit the 2 on the sides, i was like.. what? must be a bug or something, but i did again next run and still didn't hit them...

steal time animation and fireball animations were just removed and now it kinda looks ugly, especially steal time

and this is only some encounters, i'm not mentioning all the other problems with the class

I think what they did now was short term changes to the class because they said reworking it, would take too long and we wouldn't see changes this year

• rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Maybe 2022 will bring a wizard rework along with wizard staffs instead of orbs

Edit: Can't Lol my own post...
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Arcane empowerment is the only good thing wizards have so let’s nerf it so everything can be mediocre.

At the moment until all the rest is fixed, leave it alone.

The magnitudes are starting to improve, but it’s not going to make that daily a game changer any time soon.

Compared with dailies of TR and Barbs, it doesn’t come close.

Can we focus on actual problems first. Like radius of encounters being too small now and all the other stuff instead of asking for a nerf on the one good thing we have going right now.