test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bypass Gold Ring and Gold-Plated Ring- REFOUND

Comments

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    yeah we talked in Alliance about some of the old rings giving 10k stats - i think i have one that still gives 10k stats after the patch... I havent equipped any of these rings as they were obviously way over powered. Damn I wish I had sold them now!

On a serious note, we can all scream common-sense, over powered, bugged, etc but I do have some sympathy for a new player who came to the game, spent real life money on these rings, who didnt read the forums etc and is now annoyed.

The fact that these rings were released in the first place is a real quality control issue and someone really should be explaining how come this kind of thing happens, and happens way too often.
  • sirius#2093 sirius Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Either way this option:
    2. making it item level 1414.
    Would have been a better option, then a straight nerf...

• hanzohasashi#5461 hanzohasashi Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    alquimistgg

Nailed it - nothing to add.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User

yeah we talked in Alliance about some of the old rings giving 10k stats - i think i have one that still gives 10k stats after the patch... I havent equipped any of these rings as they were obviously way over powered. Damn I wish I had sold them now!

On a serious note, we can all scream common-sense, over powered, bugged, etc but I do have some sympathy for a new player who came to the game, spent real life money on these rings, who didnt read the forums etc and is now annoyed.

The fact that these rings were released in the first place is a real quality control issue and someone really should be explaining how come this kind of thing happens, and happens way too often.

Giving 10K stat is not an issue as long as the combined rating is low enough to give proper item level.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

Also "Those exploiting the rings are actually getting off easy if all that happens is that the rings are nerfed."
    Did you actually read what you wrote there @mentinmindmaker ? So are you saying that picking up loot or buying from AH is called Exploiting? because I don't follow...

They were items with known issues. It is not an exploit. If it were there would have been bannings for using them. No warnings were given. Their usage was allowed until they were fixed.

What they were was dysfunctional for the item level/effect ratio. They were not nerfed. They were fixed to be in line with the other rings of similar item level.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • anoreksjaanoreksja Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    In my opinion, implementation Ring of Air and Ring of Darkness to Zen Store really solve the problem of stats nerfed from golden rings..
    Good idea to wipe away those tears..
    @mushellka
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User

|@mre so let me give you this situation:
    I give you a ring from Zen store for example for 5k zen
    It comes out broken (it gives too much stats then intended)
    You buy it.
    It gets "fixed" to the intended stats.
    You are happy...

How can you be so daft?

Also "Those exploiting the rings are actually getting off easy if all that happens is that the rings are nerfed."
    Did you actually read what you wrote there @mentinmindmaker ? So are you saying that picking up loot or buying from AH is called Exploiting? because I don't follow...

Ps. There are plenty of green and blue rings with more then 10k stats.... but those are not "fixed" because they are not mainstream. The problem is different here....

Benefiting from an existing bug is called exploit.
    You really don't follow....
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .

There's no excuse for me, it's a lack of respect and professionalism on the part of Cryptic to do this kind of thing, I knew about the "bug" because I've been playing for a long time and I'm always here on the forum, but at times I even thought I could be intentional behind it all since despite the high specific stats, these rings had the Combined Ratings halved, which generates a massive loss of overall char status, so yes I thought it might be a "bug" that they were intending to make common.

The fact is that people are not required to be forum rats to know everything, the company could at least as a minimum have placed a warning banner with a list of items with problems on the launcher screen and inside the game on the home screen (L), so as not to encourage their purchase. That would be to have the least consideration for the players. no one is obliged every time they think about buying an item to have to stop playing to do research in forums or open a ticket to ask if the item is normal, if the item exists any player deduces that it is normal, otherwise it would be disabled. right? not in the case of cryptic. the excuse that the item is too good to be true, or that it doesn't match the “standard” of the other items doesn't make any sense, and even less sense when it comes to non-vetetan players. I wonder if anyone looked at VoS's 5% atwill damage ring and thought it's buggy, since the "default" would be 3% equal to TOMM's, or assuming this item is 5% because it's a stronger item, so why do VoS melee and ranged damage only give 3%? The answer is simple, there is no pattern.

It's amazing how they have difficulty dealing with such simple things, that's why I referred to the "bug" in quotes because this kind of thing sometimes doesn't seem like an accident to me, which would explain the lack of interest in informing the great mass of players.

What does the forum have to do with it? Just look at the stats and everything becomes clear. Just use your brain.
    Comparing a ring that gives tanks (because it's mostly favored by tanks who dream of being dps) 15% offensive stats, to a ring that gives 5% to at-wills is. . . it's just ridiculous.
    Sooo...Summary:
    Reading forums and logical thinking is apparently too difficult for new or not so bright players.
    Watching youtubers and suggesting their judgements, not anymore. . .
    Okaaay.
    All clear.
    Tell me in all of that you just said, where is my fault that the rings got broken?

For example: I had the ring before it got buffed to those insane stats.
    In this case you are telling me that I should do like this:

I should catalog all my items daily when I enter and match it to a list of "not exploited" items list.
    If I see an item that "does not match common sense" I should do like this:

"Oh no I better unequip and discard it." and after that write an essay of apology (10 pages) to Cryptic that I am sorry that I had a ring that they buffed (to a broken state) and I used it.

Okaaaaay dude all clear, I see what you are doing here (kissing HAMSTER), hope it benefits you.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User

"Benefiting from an existing bug is called exploit."

So are you saying that I pick up an item that gives good stats from the game legitimately (AS A DROP) and that I am the one to blame that the stats are broken?

If you are USING an item that is obviously overpowered/has the wrong stats, then you will be exploiting a bug. You can't be blamed for it dropping, but you CAN be blamed for using it.

This is where common sense comes in. And in this case common sense kept many/most people away from purchasing the bugged rings. But yes, too bad for the newbies that are unfamiliar with normal gear values and the rules that apply.

"Benefiting from an existing bug is called exploit."

So are you saying that I pick up an item that gives good stats from the game legitimately (AS A DROP) and that I am the one to blame that the stats are broken?

Are you saying that I am "exploiting" the game from the drops it gave me? This is an item drop we are talking about, not some kind of unintended method of cheating a dungeon or some other HAMSTER. I think this far does not drop onto the "exploit" category.

Are you saying I need to frequent the bug section of the forums before I enter the game? Are you saying that I should do the devs work of selecting items from a list of allowed ones even though it drops in the game?

Dude your logic on this topic seems way off.

Oh, how strange.
    I see you haven't understood, so I'll repeat for you:
    You don't need a forum to notice that the ring gives 3x as many stats as all the others.
    You need eyes and a brain.
    anoreksja said:

In my opinion, implementation Ring of Air and Ring of Darkness to Zen Store really solve the problem of stats nerfed from golden rings..
    @mushellka

You'd like that
    But unfortunately, you have to get your HAMSTER and farm it by yourself :)

I'll give you some advice.
    Keep an eye on the forum, you won't have to give me these "lols" in bulk.
    Today you must have added over 40. Don't your fingers hurt? :D
    "You can't be blamed for it dropping, but you CAN be blamed for using it."

So just so we are clear I am not a newbie, I have been playing since beta (on and off) because there is hardly any content besides grind nowadays in this game but that's beside the point.

And @mentinmindmaker just so we are clear.
    1. I did not purchase the ring from AH, I already had it for a long time
    2. I saw that the stats were of (I applied your common sense @mushellka, thanks for that - you should go on teaching people common sense)
    3. I thought it was early Christmas gift and moved on
    4. In my eyes it absolutely no f ing way its an exploit using an item that you legitimetly can have in a game (do NOT shift the blame from the source)
    5. Its not my job to frequent forums, this is not a job its a game
    6. I was trying to outline the problems that this game has regarding this kind of issues which you solemnly try to defend for some reason (As I said simmilar issue happened with barkshield as well: tooltip text saying it blocked 210k dmg but in fact blocked 58k)

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    As a game, and as the ToS states, they are free to change anything they like whenever they like. Nothing says they really have to tell us, either.

The rings were an issue. As such they were corrected to give the proper stats for the item level. Full stop.

And they put it in the patch notes they were doing do.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    greywynd said:

As a game, and as the ToS states, they are free to change anything they like whenever they like. Nothing says they really have to tell us, either.

The rings were an issue. As such they were corrected to give the proper stats for the item level. Full stop.

And they put it in the patch notes they were doing do.

Yes, at least this one, it hit all 3 statements.
    For another nerf of this patch, it hit the first one, arguable for the 2nd one (and leaning to false) and does not have the 3rd one.

The bottom line is this type of thing happens all the time. This is not the first one and won't be the last one. Always be ready for nerf/fix/bug.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

"You can't be blamed for it dropping, but you CAN be blamed for using it."

So just so we are clear I am not a newbie, I have been playing since beta (on and off) because there is hardly any content besides grind nowadays in this game but that's beside the point.

And @mentinmindmaker just so we are clear.
    1. I did not purchase the ring from AH, I already had it for a long time
    2. I saw that the stats were of (I applied your common sense @mushellka, thanks for that - you should go on teaching people common sense)
    3. I thought it was early Christmas gift and moved on
    4. In my eyes it absolutely no f ing way its an exploit using an item that you legitimetly can have in a game (do NOT shift the blame from the source)
    5. Its not my job to frequent forums, this is not a job its a game
    6. I was trying to outline the problems that this game has regarding this kind of issues which you solemnly try to defend for some reason (As I said simmilar issue happened with barkshield as well: tooltip text saying it blocked 210k dmg but in fact blocked 58k)

Sometimes my hands just fall off. . .
    Tell me, if it says "HAMSTER" on a fence, do you also believe it wholeheartedly?
    This game is buggy from the start and anyone who's played it longer than a month knows it.
    To expect the bug to be a Christmas present is naive, to say the least.

BTW. You've had this ring for a long time and thought that years later it suddenly became a gift for this year's Christmas?
    Really?
    The Christmas gift phrase was a joke (seems you missed it) - it was referring to the fact that I was happy that I didn't really need to grind 10000 hours of Vos because I already had an alternative.

And what also you cant seem to understand is the point I wanted to make: the handling of these so called bugs / exploits (which is not our fault) by the Cryptic team (it seems you missed this one too).

This will be my last post on the topic because its already pointless to continue (some people are too dense).
    On second thought, I'm not gonna cry for you.
    Although I'll probably miss your hilarious jokes. :)
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Just use the prospectors raid rings they are still giving way too many stats.
  • anoreksjaanoreksja Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    mushellka said:

anoreksja said:

@mushellka

You'd like that
    But unfortunately, you have to get your HAMSTER and farm it by yourself :)

I'll give you some advice.
    Keep an eye on the forum, you won't have to give me these "lols" in bulk.
    Today you must have added over 40. Don't your fingers hurt? :D
    Yes, Master. I thank you for your guidance and wisdom.
    A idź do diabła z takimi radami:)

It is not "exploit", because otherwise 60-70% of Neverwinter players would've effectively been banned.
    Its some kind of oversight and lack of quick information from Devs about broken stuff.
    I'm not sure we can count on full refund ad spent on rings...
    Do you have a warranty on this ring?
    Then why don't you sue the seller?
    After all, he did sell you some stale merchandise :D
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited September 2021

"

I am sorry to inform you that Cryptic thinks opposite. So thinking like that can get you banned.

Cryptic's opinion carries a LOT more weight than yours :)
  • I wouldn’t waste ad on the the manticore talon artifact . Anything in ah that goes from 100 ad cost to 3m ad , has an obvious glitch / err . Buyer beware ! Js :)
  • alquimistgg#0914 alquimistgg Member Posts: 133 Arc User

As I mentioned in another thread weeks ago, the math shows the ring had wrong stat.

Item level = (15 * combined rating + all stat numbers) / 15

Bypass Gold ring was:
    item level: 1010, 404 combined rating, 6060 Accuracy, 9090 Combat Advantage):

(404 x 15 + 6060 + 9090) / 15 = 1414 item level (not 1010).

In my opinion, there are two ways to fix it:
    1. lower the stat so that it matches item level 1010 or
    2. making it item level 1414.

I totally agree with you, even though I hadn't done the calculation to the letter, I knew that despite the item stats being high, the combined ratings were very low and it could be "okay". however by his calculation we can see that he was above and his 2 suggestions should be the only options in the face of what happened. I can't believe it when I read people saying that it was obviously buggy, that whoever bought it was wrong because they didn't search the forums before, it's a flat idea and understanding of the base of players without size. With over 8,000 hours of gameplay in between 4 years of gameplay, I thought that this calculation could be right, and that somehow buggy or not, cryptic might want to leave the rings like that, or make similar adjustments to that you mentioned, to be a new item category, (high status + low combined rantings), if a veteran can think like that, imagine the new plaayers.

image - ALQUImist-WL@alquimistgg#0914
  • alquimistgg#0914 alquimistgg Member Posts: 133 Arc User

So yeah i can fully understand him. If you re not on the forum and dont read the bug list every time....how the HAMSTER should you know its a "Bug"...im serious:::: like this is so super obvious - especially when it comes to Neverwinter.... So you can point with your fingers and say "Dude...its giving way more stats".....i was thinking about to purchase those rings on my own and im glad i didnt or lets say i just lost interest/motivation ;)
    I would be exactly upset in the same way....cause its hideous....those things needs to be escalated as quickly as possible. How long did they leave the rings like this??? Ehhh??

Have you heard about this thing called common sense?

It is the same thing when we had the mass bannings back in Ravenloft times when the hunts could be made way easier than intended. It was not posted anywhere that they were bugged, but it was common sense that there was a bug being exploited.

Which led to mass bannings because Cryptic expected people to apply common sense.

If something is too good to be true, it most likely is not true.
    If something in game is too easy/too good compared to other items you should assume it is bugged and stay away. Or else.

Those exploiting the rings are actually getting off easy if all that happens is that the rings are nerfed.

for me lack of common sense is to compare this occurrence of the rings with the ravenloft bug
    image - ALQUImist-WL@alquimistgg#0914