test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Air archon nerf

Hello everyone!
To begin with, I want to thank our valiant developers for nerfing the air archon, exactly after I raised this companion to a mythical state with my main character and twins.
THANKS!

Can you either finally nerf the rest of the companions that stand out in terms of damage, or stop nerfing those who are now inflicting any damage?

Since after I improved on all my characters, first a mercenary, and then an air archon, spending a huge amount of resources...
I don't want to do this anymore...
I have already spent a lot of funds, both real and in-game...
Be a little more loyal to your players, please.

I apologize for my level of English, but I hope the essence of my indignation is clear.

Thank you for your attention!

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    What is the nerf?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    Lol.
    The master of dummies in action again :D
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • pumpkin#2210 pumpkin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I just upgraded mine to mythic yesterday, I'm super disappointed :(
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Cryptic's idea of content to keep players engaged and playing... Let them all pay through the nose for something which is up around the best so they can compete fairly with others, work hard and grind grind grind to get it ranked to max thinking they're on their way to some standard they need and want... let them enjoy it for a while then nerf it into the ground so it's not close to BiS anymore and make something else stronger so they need to pay through the nose and buy that one to maintain competitiveness and grind grind grind to rank it up to max... rinse and repeat. Keep them chasing their tails by nerfing things and moving the goalposts. And yes, I agree with the guy in the video, Cold Iron Warrior will probably be next.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    FFS
    What possible reason was there for this. What magical companion can we buy in the Zen store that’s as good.
    NONE

I worked hard getting the Merc to Mythic, but they used it to make Regis so nerf.

I don’t have the resources to keep doing this.

Stop it!
    Lol
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Air Archon wasn't even top of the damage board. It was a good option for those that couldn't afford the Cold Iron Warrior or Xuna.

Btw has anyone tested the damage output on the new companions? Drizzt, Regis etc.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • agoraotro#4630 agoraotro Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    So apparently we know Air Archon companion has been drastically nerfed after latest patch, resulting in doing half its damage while performing his spinning attack.

There was no mention on the patch notes.

What was the reason behind this? People are wasting their resources to maximise their toons overall DPS and you decide to randomly nerf things. How am I supposed to know which of my companions should I upgrade next if you would nerf it a week later?

What strikes me the most is you didn’t try to bring other companions in line when it comes to damage, but you just weakened the 2nd most powerful companion in single target environment, because… (?)
    @nitocris83 you guys must know that the inevitable interpretation by players of nerfing a widely used companion is that it's done to force players to rank up a new companion: meaning more companion upgrade tokens.

If Cryptic are so short on cash, why not just put the best companions on the Zen market? In fact, just adjust all 5 of the Companions of the Hall upward to make them BiS for various roles:

Single target dps
    Multi target dps
    Tanking
    Healing
    Buff/Debuff

The one thing that is the biggest source of complaint in this game is that things get nerfed. Not across the board - just the things that are popular. I mean, if ALL companions were nerfed equally you could call that fair - but targeting things just because everyone uses them really loses Cryptic a lot of positive feeling from the player base.

• And then log back to the Era where pokemons will be nerfed over and over... nothing new.
  • armadeonx said:

Air Archon wasn't even top of the damage board. It was a good option for those that couldn't afford the Cold Iron Warrior or Xuna.

Btw has anyone tested the damage output on the new companions? Drizzt, Regis etc.

From what I saw Regis is a good option in AoE, ST it was bad.
  • When they make these changes, do they have the idea that they lessen the incentive for players to play their game? I myself plan not to invest in my secondary characters anymore, since keeping 1 character is already difficult, imagine 3 as I have. But my congratulations to the Pokemons and those who clamored for their return!
  • It's hilarious because the Air Archon was actually doing good for a while (better than Xuna with M21) AND because it was BIS in the past (as active, not summoned) and I still had it from a time when I cared. The secret to NW is to buy everything when it is trash and then wait.

He was only better than Xuna in ST damage, in AoE damage Xuna is the best in the game. This one probably won't be nerfed, as it comes from something that involves Zen, all normal so far.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

It's hilarious because the Air Archon was actually doing good for a while (better than Xuna with M21) AND because it was BIS in the past (as active, not summoned) and I still had it from a time when I cared. The secret to NW is to buy everything when it is trash and then wait.

He was only better than Xuna in ST damage, in AoE damage Xuna is the best in the game. This one probably won't be nerfed, as it comes from something that involves Zen, all normal so far.
    Yeah AoE damage... the thing we didn't need for a hundred years until vos - and thats when I stopped playing, my bad :D
    Xuna is another good example on why it pays off to only play NW sometimes - I got it from an event that I halfassed like I halfass most events :D
    NW is more rewarding if you do not play it, in the end. If you play every mod and want to be BiS (not just good enough, but really shiny) and upgrade all the HAMSTER that is BiS each mod, you will need to either play a lot or insert coin. Before I stopped playing, there was a really strong influx of cash shop kids. Thats not good for a game - not a good message to get across to a playerbase. "Pay us money or you will be a filthy casual next mod :)" Yeah no, let's just skip a bunch of mods and get flithy rich instead.
    - bye bye -
  • It's hilarious because the Air Archon was actually doing good for a while (better than Xuna with M21) AND because it was BIS in the past (as active, not summoned) and I still had it from a time when I cared. The secret to NW is to buy everything when it is trash and then wait.

Yeah AoE damage... the thing we didn't need for a hundred years until vos - and thats when I stopped playing, my bad :D
    Xuna is another good example on why it pays off to only play NW sometimes - I got it from an event that I halfassed like I halfass most events :D
    NW is more rewarding if you do not play it, in the end. If you play every mod and want to be BiS (not just good enough, but really shiny) and upgrade all the HAMSTER that is BiS each mod, you will need to either play a lot or insert coin. Before I stopped playing, there was a really strong influx of cash shop kids. Thats not good for a game - not a good message to get across to a playerbase. "Pay us money or you will be a filthy casual next mod :)" Yeah no, let's just skip a bunch of mods and get flithy rich instead.
    Yes, right now I'm almost 1 week just to refine the AD. I'm not going to kill myself making 500 VoS HC to gain something that will quickly lose its potential over time, as in this game, what happened to Air Archon is common. I remembered that I already had Death Slaad, Fire Archon, Tiger among others that were BIS and that today are in my backpack just as a memory of the glory achieved by my effort, because today they are just the same garbage the youngest on the list, the Air Archon.
    Me too, I haven't actually run any dungeons since they changed the ERQ list - I've just been refining through all of the free AD I got from completed intro stuff from the last few weeks (9 toons) and I still have about a week and a half of that.

I'm really not happy about the air archon though, I have it at mythic on 5 toons. I've just bought Regis from the AH as I expect it's price is about to skyrocket. I already bought Drizzt for the stats but I'm not overly impressed with his performance on my first tryout in Barovia - I'd just got him to mythic on my Bard and used him instead of his mythic air archon.

Purely anecdotal, but I didn't see any serious damage coming from him.

You'd think they'd make Zen market companions the best to incentivise people to go for them - especially Drizzt!

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    Air archon wasn't THAT good, was he? I mean, he was good and did deserve a spot as active companion, but he was not bugged-level good compared to Xuna? He did not seriously mess up game balance since there are other better AE companions?

So why antagonize your customers by nerfing him?
    I remember when all the archons acted together to have an ascending buff but I forget what it was. Many people used to use them together all the time as a sort of set. Didn't they nerf that feature as well a while back?
    edited September 2021

I remember when all the archons acted together to have an ascending buff but I forget what it was. Many people used to use them together all the time as a sort of set. Didn't they nerf that feature as well a while back?

They did not nerf that. They remove that when they changed companion mechanism. However, nobody cared because everybody was using augment pet.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    OK, well removing something which made it less useful/powerful is actually still classified as a nerf when the item is still in existence regardless of what caused it. But I'm sure a lot of people still did care. At least those who had it as part of their set-up. I don't know how long before the companion changes it was I used to hear all the constant talk in PE about 'having to have this setup as BiS' but many people had this set-up. I wasn't one of them, but I know many others were. I was just commenting more or less that it's essentially been nerfed already so this makes it twice on the same companion.
    edited September 2021

OK, well removing something which made it less useful/powerful is actually still classified as a nerf when the item is still in existence regardless of what caused it. But I'm sure a lot of people still did care. At least those who had it as part of their set-up. I don't know how long before the companion changes it was I used to hear all the constant talk in PE about 'having to have this setup as BiS' but many people had this set-up. I wasn't one of them, but I know many others were. I was just commenting more or less that it's essentially been nerfed already so this makes it twice on the same companion.

Well, they changed the whole companion mechanism. Archon is only one of many buried in that change for limited few who was still using active companion when most were using augment for years before that change.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    It was augment meta, then shortly before the Tiger and with the tiger until M15/16 it was tiger (remember electrum necklace? lmao) + archons (except for water) + siegemaster and the likes.
    Air Archon had "Increases your damage against targets not at full health by +2/3/5%. Each additional active Archon increases this bonus by .5%
    Applies to you as long as this companion is active."
    Air Archon was the first "big" investment for me when I started playing, thats why I remember it :D Around 1 mil AD. Then the Tiger, around 1.5-2 mil at the time. Something like that. Then people bought the electrum necklace for their Gravestriker wearing Tiger dude who had 2 ring and 1 neck slot, and then there was M16 and everything was HAMSTER :D
    - bye bye -

It was augment meta, then shortly before the Tiger and with the tiger until M15/16 it was tiger (remember electrum necklace? lmao) + archons (except for water) + siegemaster and the likes.
    Air Archon had "Increases your damage against targets not at full health by +2/3/5%. Each additional active Archon increases this bonus by .5%
    Applies to you as long as this companion is active."
    Air Archon was the first "big" investment for me when I started playing, thats why I remember it :D Around 1 mil AD. Then the Tiger, around 1.5-2 mil at the time. Something like that. Then people bought the electrum necklace for their Gravestriker wearing Tiger dude who had 2 ring and 1 neck slot, and then there was M16 and everything was HAMSTER :D

That was it, thanks. :-)
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Me too, I haven't actually run any dungeons since they changed the ERQ list - I've just been refining through all of the free AD I got from completed intro stuff from the last few weeks (9 toons) and I still have about a week and a half of that.

I'm really not happy about the air archon though, I have it at mythic on 5 toons. I've just bought Regis from the AH as I expect it's price is about to skyrocket. I already bought Drizzt for the stats but I'm not overly impressed with his performance on my first tryout in Barovia - I'd just got him to mythic on my Bard and used him instead of his mythic air archon.

Purely anecdotal, but I didn't see any serious damage coming from him.

You'd think they'd make Zen market companions the best to incentivise people to go for them - especially Drizzt!

Aragon has tested many of the companions for single target DPS, including many of the latest ones (all the Companions of the Hall). You can look on his YouTube channel to view the list.