test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bypass Gold Ring and Gold-Plated Ring- REFOUND

Refound astral diamonds spend on these 2 rings to players who bought them on trade house.
Check log and refound our diamonds spent.

Comments

• xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    Lol, we all know they were bugged, they had 3x + status than anything in game... just that is a red flag. not to talk about all bug report on bug section on forum.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • janhow#7164 janhow Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I actually put in a ticket asking if these were truly bugged and before I spent 4m AD if they intended to correct them. I got a response 2 days later saying yes they were aware they were bugged and they would be adjusted in a coming patch. I can't fault them one bit. All anyone had to do was ask.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Lol. We all knew they will be nerfed. Example. Gold ring was slightly better than nickel plated ring in stats, but somehow it became much better. Now it's there where it's suppose to be.
  • dnkhacked#7165 dnkhacked Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    xtremoz- irrelevant. . . almost 8 mil was spent and thats about it. we dont all read forums and bug reports.
    how you can fault em? first- they were bind on equip, second - people spend many many millions all together for them. which means, they loaded real money from credit cards probably, which means cryptic got paid,and now to just change em without refound? ridicolous. they messed up in the first place, so that rings were bugged, not players fault. so just hand over the AD, and we all good.
    edited September 2021
    thats like almost 100 euro of real cash, if they were 8 to 10 mil ,both together. go figure.
    You got your 8 million worth from the date you bought it to the day they fix it. At least, this time it is about they 'fix' it instead of about they 'nerf' it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    we got em ,like you said, but they got real money anyway, so refound doesnt cost em anything. just hand over the dough.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Dude, just send them your credit card number and they'll refund you 100 € + 100 € more for your "personal pain". Don't worry, be happy xD .

we got em ,like you said, but they got real money anyway, so refound doesnt cost em anything. just hand over the dough.

Refund, not refound. They cannot "refound" that for you. You need to "refound" that yourself.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited September 2021

Lol. We all knew they will be nerfed. Example. Gold ring was slightly better than nickel plated ring in stats, but somehow it became much better. Now it's there where it's suppose to be.

There will always be bugs in the game.

If something is too good to be true, it likely is not true. Period.

The more reasonable action would be to ban those purchasing and wearing a bugged ring for exploiting a bug.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

xtremoz- irrelevant. . . almost 8 mil was spent and thats about it. we dont all read forums and bug reports.

And whose fault is that?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    > @dnkhacked#7165 said:
    > Refound astral diamonds spend on these 2 rings to players who bought them on trade house.
    > Check log and refound our diamonds spent.

Why would Cryptic refound your AD spent on an AH item? You're just going to relost those AD again anyway....
  • hanzohasashi#5461 hanzohasashi Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Yeah just ban those who played with the rings. Nasty exploiters!
  • sirius#2093 sirius Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Hello,

As the title says Its kinda annoying to see just an unilateral nerfing of items out of the blue.
    Bypass Gold Ring indeed gave alot of stats regarding to its item level but was it our fault that it did so?

So now instead of giving 10k plus stats it gives a measly 3k at max which is kinda sad.
    I know that in percentages it is not that much but considering a HAMSTER boon gives 0.2% per point used it kinda is alot.

So sorry about my rant but this random nerfs are kinda getting annoying (it was same with barkshield too).
  • anoreksjaanoreksja Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Maybe they'll add some compensation/gifts for loss of stats from golden rings? I gave my legendary collar for it.
    There are so many rings with wrong stats, then why'd they choose this? really idk
    anoreksja said:

Maybe they'll add some compensation/gifts for loss of stats from golden rings? I gave my legendary collar for it.
    There are so many rings with wrong stats, then why'd they choose this? really idk

Why don't you report those rings? These rings were reported.
  • anoreksjaanoreksja Member Posts: 113 Arc User

anoreksja said:

Why don't you report those rings? These rings were reported.
    You're right, I'll report all the wrong items tomorrow
    Thanks Cryptic
  • hanzohasashi#5461 hanzohasashi Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    So yeah i can fully understand him. If you re not on the forum and dont read the bug list every time....how the HAMSTER should you know its a "Bug"...im serious:::: like this is so super obvious - especially when it comes to Neverwinter.... So you can point with your fingers and say "Dude...its giving way more stats".....i was thinking about to purchase those rings on my own and im glad i didnt or lets say i just lost interest/motivation ;)
    I would be exactly upset in the same way....cause its hideous....those things needs to be escalated as quickly as possible. How long did they leave the rings like this??? Ehhh??

• rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    You see an item in the game and take it on good faith that the people who designed the game intended it to be that way (because they know what they're doing) and can be forgiven for expecting it is meant to be like that and will stay that way. There are people who are so into the game and have been around for long enough that they can work out in advance that something is not right and it may change down the track, but this does not apply to all and I think you're all being a little too hard on those who didn't know any different and took the stats on face value. People should not have to second-guess everything before committing when the game presents something to them as fact.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    It wasn't a random nerf :)
    Quite the contrary. The ring was giving an incorrect amount of stats, which was apparent at first glance.
    I don't know how you could have thought it would stay that way :D
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
    As I mentioned in another thread weeks ago, the math shows the ring had wrong stat.

Item level = (15 * combined rating + all stat numbers) / 15

Bypass Gold ring was:
    item level: 1010, 404 combined rating, 6060 Accuracy, 9090 Combat Advantage):

(404 x 15 + 6060 + 9090) / 15 = 1414 item level (not 1010).

In my opinion, there are two ways to fix it:
    1. lower the stat so that it matches item level 1010 or
    2. making it item level 1414.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Wow lol One look at these rings and they scream bugged at you.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    There's an old saying: you paying for stupidity... :)
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    > @dnkhacked#7165 said:
    > All you said was speculations. Saw the ring on a player,checked Trade house and bought them. Period.

You can add, though, right? Every item in the game save for the underpowered Underdark rings give stats equal to its item level x 15. These rings gave way more and were obviously bugged.