test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disconnect loading into dungeons/trials

jonchillyjonchilly Member Posts: 33 Arc User
Hopefully someone sees this and responds.

Multiple times a day whenever I load in to a dungeon or trial - particularly ToMM and Zariel (Master or Baby) I get disconnected with either "timeout during login" or some other bs message. There is nothing wrong with my internet as I'm watching YouTube and on Discord the same time and they are fine.

I don't understand why this happens all the time, everyone else in my group this never happens too only me? I have max display settings and run GTX 1080 with i7-7700k so no its not the processing power of my CPU or GPU being throttled.

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    This issue has gone on a long time, people like Dillygirl has gone over this for well over a year with tech support. I only get these disconnects since codg was added back into random trials (and before it was removed), which disconnects me from any trial or dungeon randomly.
  • jonchillyjonchilly Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    SO goddamn annoying! No one else in my groups it happens to just me, twice today in both zariel runs I dc'ed. I can tell instantly because the loading bar just stays really low down.
  • manttazzmanttazz Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Has been happening intermittently to multiple players for years. I have a friend who DCs on entry every 2nd or 3rd Master Expedition. I get randomly DCd entering REDQ or RTQ fairly often. AFAIK there is no effort to identify the cause or create a fix. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)
  • manttazzmanttazz Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    dillygirl, thank you for your efforts, and your insight into the matter.
    Definitely. To a certain degree I'm glad I'm not the only one. I work in IT and changed all the common settings myself etc etc like DNS and IP configs. Hopefully we get a dev to see this and actually do something, but the reality is they probably don't care :/
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    jonchilly said:

Definitely. To a certain degree I'm glad I'm not the only one. I work in IT and changed all the common settings myself etc etc like DNS and IP configs. Hopefully we get a dev to see this and actually do something, but the reality is they probably don't care :/

Well maybe the devs do, but whoever is supposed to relay issue information to the devs does not. Hence the partial solution that was live at the start of April and it going away.
  • olocancom#0595 olocancom Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Just chiming in to say this happens to me too. It's a guarantee the first time I load into a dungeon every day. Once I've played a dungeon I can usually load back into the same one with no issues during the session . But as soon as I go into something for the first time it's a dc. I don't have the issue when loading into zones very often but any dungeon/trial/skirmish is a problem. Looking at my resource monitor I can see my CPU, GPU and Memory are all well below half or even a quarter of their capacity so I know it's not a hardware issue on my end. And like dillygirl said the internet is still able to stream so I don't think it has anything to do with my service provider or ethernet controller. This has been going on for years and I would really love to see a fix.
  • blackwolftundrablackwolftundra Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    the issue you are having isn't coming from a dungeons i get this alot from doing ME and other places where i doubt they would ever tell us why this happens since there is nothing we can do about it
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    i had a similar problem for 4 months, every time i joined a queue i would time out, and then i would have to wait for my character to log out, so i could join again, it would also happen randomly when playing

I tried a lot of stuff, but it turned out the fix, at least for me, was quite simple, i just went to the launcher and turned on "on-demand patching", never got disconnected again
    Just letting you know this still happens. I still occasionally save the disconnect log files. Still play with the game console window open. Please let me know when and where you want all my log files. I probably have about 200 by now.

The things people mention above that helped them, didn't help me. I probably already lengthily discussed what I've tried from my side in this thread, and in all the support tickets.

And remember, this was partly solved about a year ago, but the partial solution got removed again after a few weeks.
    Still ongoing as of todays patch. Version: NW.125.20210524a.8
    Still ongoing. IDK if I already mentioned but it also happens on preview, on my newly made Bard character.
    still ongoing after todays patch
    Still ongoing in M21. I even disconnected going from the new Training Room to the new Adventurer's Guild.

I do love the new loading screen btw, I just wish I wouldnt have to stare at it multiple times in a row with disconnects in between x.x
    I'm still getting a lot of disconnects too, new and old chars - it seems like the game servers lose the connection to your client for a brief moment but then doesn't get the connection back in time and auto disconnects you :c
    Still ongoing after todays patch.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    This use to happen to me ALL THE TIME. Drove me nuts. Recently I've changed internet providers and oddly enough it has been resolved! I can still connect to my old provider and get disconnects on loading screens. For me, was 100% a provider issue.
  • borbaranger#3645 borbaranger Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I have the same problem.
    I was told to test a different machine to verify if it's something with my internet adapter (which I highly doubt, since everything else perfectly works). Another test that I was told to do: test my machine in a different place (different internet provider).
    P.S.: I haven't done any of those yet.
  • jizzu#6891 jizzu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    This only started for me after UM introduced and accessing ME's. Now prolly every 10th dungeon/ trial transition and occasionally mid dungeon transitions ie: lomm where you have the spores and then drop down the portal I remain in wonderland....
    occasionally get a double timeout where i timeout, log back and time out again instantly then to have the 1 min wait until you get re-log option.
    Then yesterday actually got a triple timeout... yes that's right folks a triple....... Luckily mostly run dung/trials with guildies and they are aware of my issue so not a problem but means I stay away from joining not guild runs as unfair to other players.

No issues with provider/ no issues with machine, have software running that constantly monitors my hops etc and timestamps them so i know it is not an issue this end.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Even if it is something with Internet provider, it started in mod 16 so they changed something. Lots of people didnt change provider (including me) and everything was perfect before mod 16 so I cant accept to change provider only for this game, because I dont have any problems with other games / services
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    My issue has always existed as long as Cradle is part of the random ques. They took it out briefly in I think mod 17 due to low success rates and I never had an issue with dc'ing at the time only to have it come back once they re-added it.
    @nitocris83 I have a good theory on why this disconnect on loading bug is happening. Please, hear me out - read my thought process or directly skip to the last paragraph.

My issue has always existed as long as Cradle is part of the random ques. They took it out briefly in I think mod 17 due to low success rates and I never had an issue with dc'ing at the time only to have it come back once they re-added it.

Interesting! Maybe this issue occurs whenever we try to connect to an instance on a game server that is also hosting an existing Cradle run (for someone else)? When was Cradle first introduced to the random queues, and was it around the time that Undermountain and Master Expeditions were released (since we thing this bug started appearing then)? There is also a bug where your random queue group can get assigned into an already existing CODG instance, with hours on the clock and none of the players on the filled in scoreboard are in the current group. Is that possibly related?

Why do we get disconnected while other players are fine? Why does it sometimes disconnect multiple players? Let's see, maybe the first player who connects to the faulty game server (like one with a lingering CODG instance) gets stuck, and all the other people get redirected to a different game server instead? This is something we can test ourselves, as that means the new game server we connect to upon logging back in, the same one that our queue group members connected to, is not the same one that we couldn't connect to. I can check that in my hundreds of log files, and indeed, the new game server is different from the one that didn't work.

So that means the bug is that that doesn't redirect the first-connecting-player to the new, working game server when it redirects our queue group members, but instead leaves us stuck with the non-working one. If multiple people disconnect, that means that two players tried two different faulty game servers before the third first-connecting-player found a working one.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    "There is also a bug where your random queue group can get assigned into an already existing CODG instance, with hours on the clock and none of the players on the filled in scoreboard are in the current group. Is that possibly related? "

@dillygirl That one's very strange. They should def take that into account.

Probably not related but I'd be interested to know if CODG is on the same server as Icewind Dale. I have no way of knowing but I would be also interested to know if Icewind Dale has always resided on the same server. Noticed over the years that if there is any kind of 'bad server' which is often first to show the lag when the game is under stress, it's that one.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
    @rockster#6227 Well, usually temporary instances such as CODG are hosted together with other instances, and world maps are hosted together on other servers. They do mix at least sometimes - remember when we had the 600 separate zariel favor bug at the start of Citadel, and every time any queue group would complete one of the weekly quests for Zariel's Favor, the server would freeze for over 10 seconds - including all instances running on it? Well, those were mostly TOMM instances and Vallenhas maps, that I know of. Of course, there were probably more vallenhas map instances than any other map, so that might be biased, but all the other examples that I heard were dungeon instances. It was very clear that TOMM was hosted on the same servers as the weekly dungeon instances.
  • renegade197renegade197 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    I've had this same issue for a while now just loading into some newer areas, into dungeons it seems to happen almost at a 50/50 rate, then stops you logging back in after saying there's "Connectivity issues", I keep having to restart the game completely to get back in again.

I've had this same issue for a while now just loading into some newer areas, into dungeons it seems to happen almost at a 50/50 rate, then stops you logging back in after saying there's "Connectivity issues", I keep having to restart the game completely to get back in again.

That sounds like a different problem, I don't get any messages saying it's a 'connectivity issue' just 'connection timed out'. Your problem might be resolved by turning on or off on-demand patching from the launcher options.
    Hello everyone,
    I wanted to check if you still have the same problem, because I do. Especially when joining TOMM.
    No idea how to solve it (ISP = Xfinity).
    edited December 2021
    Yep I still have it, just had it today. It's not your fault, I've tried everything. It's just something they're probably not fixing because it's not affecting everyone, just some people.
    dillygirl said:

Yep I still have it, just had it today. It's not your fault, I've tried everything. It's just something they're probably not fixing because it's not affecting everyone, just some people.

Maybe something related to computer?
    I would like to have another computer to test.