test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cannot proceed in "How enchanting"

mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User

If you discard the received "Glass enchantment" in the quest "How enchanting" it is not possible to complete it. It is also not possible to reject and re-take this task. So you're stuck with taking the Icepire Peak zone rewards forever. This bug has existed for years, you fixed it, and now with the new mod it's back. . . Interestingly, various (I won't hesitate to say), HAMSTER is impossible to discard by accident, because you have to type in the "discard" box. But so important to the path of quests the thing, was not secured at all.
Please fix it!
Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .

Comments

• clytasiaclytasia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    Same thing in the quest "Artifact and Insignias", if you convert or discard the insignia they gave you, you can't continue the quest.
  • ct915#2529 ct915 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Stuck on "How Enchanting" quest. I never had the glass in my inventory. I am unable to abandon the quest to start over. I read on Reddit that a few people had this issue and that support could verify the quest for completion since this is a known bug. I've been stuck with it on my main SW for 3 days and would really like to proceed with the adventures. Could a dev fix this issue please?
    destrion#3156 said:

I am still unable to finnish the quest where you need to hand in the Wooded Insignia and the Glass Enchantment on my main.
    I discarded them when finishing up all the new quests and leveling rewards and threw em away because they looked like normal trash items.
    I can't abandone the quest and the NPCs don't seem keen on giving me a new one to refine and hand back over

o Tutorials

The items for the Refinement and Insignia tutorials are no longer unique. This should prevent the quests from getting stuck.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up, still broken for who have the quest already started.
    clytasia said:

destrion#3156 said:

I am still unable to finnish the quest where you need to hand in the Wooded Insignia and the Glass Enchantment on my main.
    I discarded them when finishing up all the new quests and leveling rewards and threw em away because they looked like normal trash items.
    I can't abandone the quest and the NPCs don't seem keen on giving me a new one to refine and hand back over

o Tutorials

The items for the Refinement and Insignia tutorials are no longer unique. This should prevent the quests from getting stuck.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    A friend was able to complete How Enchanting by purchasing a Rank 1 Dark enchantment.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    pitshade said:

A friend was able to complete How Enchanting by purchasing a Rank 1 Dark enchantment.

Maybe it's work because the original quest foresaw the refining of rank 1 enchantment. But for the Insigna quest can't be the same because there is no rank 1 Insigna. All insignas start with green quality and refining green insignia to blue quality doesn't resolve the problem.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

I believe this issue has been fixed, but not retroactively.

However, the Customer Support team should be able to unlock the tutorial quests. Please open a ticket.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
    percemer said:

Greetings,

I believe this issue has been fixed, but not retroactively.

However, the Customer Support team should be able to unlock the tutorial quests. Please open a ticket.

Regards,

Thank you for the reply Percemer.

This is an information it had to be said right away in moment they somehow fix that. Nobody told me to open a ticket, no patchfix mentioned to contact support because they can't fix it retroactively. I waited almost 3 months. It was a gamebreaking 'bug' (I can't even call it a bug, it simply poorly designed) that prevent people to proceed to level up (and fortunately not my case, because already at max level, but still problematic).

I reported the situation here almost instantly with no luck of response, now i can finaly rest in peace but with a little bit of a bitter taste in the mouth.

Sorry for the rant, but I don't feel like I'm wrong. Can be closed here now.

Regards.

• percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Hello @clytasia,

I understand and we apologize for this situation.

In a general way, all bugs have to be reported on official forums so community teams can escalate to the dev team, but the customer support team can handle some bugs that are specifically linked to an account/character, like this one where they should be able to restore the discarded item.

I hope the issue is now resolved, and have fun on Neverwinter!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service