test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tome of Experience turn-in?

anomaleaanomalea Member Posts: 99 Arc User
I thought I remembered a stream where it was mentioned there might be a vendor to turn in our excess books once the new levelling system came into effect. Did I misremember, or did that not materialize? I've have a casual look around at different vendors and not seen anything.

Comments

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    They normally use the Antiquities Vendor who stands next to the Reward Claims Agent in PE for such things. I've not been up that way recently but from other comments on the forums I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't there currently?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • anomaleaanomalea Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

They normally use the Antiquities Vendor who stands next to the Reward Claims Agent in PE for such things. I've not been up that way recently but from other comments on the forums I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't there currently?

That was the first place I checked. She was trading the companion experience tomes, but there's nothing for the player experience tomes. Can't think of where else they might be traded, assuming they can be.

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    anomalea said:

armadeonx said:

That was the first place I checked. She was trading the companion experience tomes, but there's nothing for the player experience tomes. Can't think of where else they might be traded, assuming they can be.

I saw a few comments on the forums a few weeks ago complaining that people couldn't swap something or another at the antiquities vendor - that might've been the same issue.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    edited September 2021
    @nitocris83 Any word on if we'll be able to trade in our player tomes of experience? We are currently able to trade in companion tomes. Did player tomes get missed?

Includes:

Tome of Experience
    Adventurer's XP Booster
    Epic Experience Booster
    Post edited by anomalea on
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I've noticed that a few types of these items can be traded in, but others can't. Some other old stuff got obsoleted as well, like "unlock slots for companions" tokens and various other items that got removed after companions/experience gain was changed in various modules.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Well, considering we weren't even allowed to level our character from 70-80 with these tomes, i think there should be an option for trading them into something useful...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    anomalea said:

I thought I remembered a stream where it was mentioned there might be a vendor to turn in our excess books once the new levelling system came into effect. Did I misremember, or did that not materialize? I've have a casual look around at different vendors and not seen anything.

You're not the only one with this memory. I remember just sitting on the tomes I have instead of creating another toon because there was going to be some type of turn in for them.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    Also, I would like to know about a turn in for the Underdark Boon books. Drow Hunting, Dwarven Spelunking and On Madness. I have several of those I'm still sitting on.
    @nitocris83 Any word on whether a turn-in for experience tomes will manifest, as mentioned by the devs a lonnnng time ago?
  • andybones65andybones65 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    I also have Epic Adventurer's XP booster on many alts,
    can't exchange them anywhere also ?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited November 2021

I also have Epic Adventurer's XP booster on many alts,
    can't exchange them anywhere also ?

I exchanged a XP booster in the weekend in one of my toon. Not sure if it was Epic Adventurer's XP booster though.

Edit: it is "Experience Booster" Account bound, "550,000 bonus XP earned at +100%". I have another toon had it too. It was traded at 200K AD. The vendor can also exchange "Epic Experience Booster" for 1.5 million AD. I don't know if "Epic Adventurer's XP Booster" can be traded the same way.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    @plasticbat Thanks for the tip about the Epic Experience Booster. Got that turned in.

Still looking to see if the following will be added to the vendor. If anyone knows of others, feel free to add them on.

Tome of Experience
    Adventurer's XP Booster
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    Well, if they can't be bothered to come up with an exchange for AD, then at the very least change them so that they add xy% to the progress bar when using them.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!