test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mailbox Icon Won't Stop Glowing

trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
My mailbox for the last 2 days won't stop glowing yellow. I have thoroughly checked to see if I actually have any unread mail, and I don't.

Not super high priority or anything, but it is a bit annoying.
--
PVP Rogue,
--[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
----------------------------------------------------------------
Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
Platform: PC

Comments

• melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    for me it was one of the leveling quests that was causing it. Once I completed quest on all toons that had it active the mailbox went back to normal.

it is the one where you have talk to mailbox guy near the AH, recieve the message and then talk to the AH guy.
  • jugendstilbluetejugendstilbluete Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    My mailbox was over-full, glowing red. After I emptied it it was still glowing yelow now - stopped glowing for 1 day and then began again. Now it glows for 1 week.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Issue is still being investigated - I'll share the workaround info as additional details to help with investigation.
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User

Issue is still being investigated - I'll share the workaround info as additional details to help with investigation.

What's the workaround? Is it the one that was stated in the thread already?
  • arieswytch#9832 arieswytch Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    When the mod first went live, I didn't have this bug. Then I got an email, opened it and deleted it, but the light wouldn't go out. I did the workaround and it went away. Then, the other day, I sent out a guild wide email and the bug came back. Now the workaround won't work and I'm stuck with the icon being lit up on all my toons.
  • justkickinitjustkickinit Member Posts: 53 Arc User

What's the workaround? Is it the one that was stated in the thread already?
    Yep the mailing to yourself workaround works. I have had to do it several times.
    Now, about the campaign Icon glowing on new toons?
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User

Mailbox has a problem. I can make it grow constantly but that information does not help.
    To turn it off, for me, anyway:
    0. Of course, you need to read all the mail.
    1. Go to a real mailbox or use a VIP mailbox.
    2. Write an email to your self.
    3. Exit the mail windows.
    4. Wait few seconds.
    5. Access the real mailbox or use a VIP mailbox again.
    6. Click on the new email.
    7. That usually would turn it off. If it does not work, try again. Usually, it is #4 not long enough.

THANK YOU! *whew*
    Yeah I'm OCD but that was driving me (further) insane.

So yes, everyone use this work around til the next Mod breaks it again ;)

Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I now have this problem, but sending mail to myself does not fix it. I've tried several times. Any ideas?
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Never mind I fixed it. I had this idea and it worked. The original mail which caused it was one I sent to myself with just the @handle and no specific playername. I wondered if the light wasn't going out because it wanted every character to open it because it was confused as to who it was supposed to be addressed to and thought it wasn't being opened when it was. So what I did was write one separate new message to all characters on my account, luckily I only have 3. After I tried sending it to myself and opening it after waiting and it did not work, I had already tried making another new mail, changing characters and opening it on that one, but it stayed lit and didn't work. So I wondered if I needed to open a new mail on all characters and not just one. And this is what worked for me. I wrote three new mails just with the @handle and no name, but in the subject header I put the character name just to make sure I knew which ones I was looking at and needed to open. I then went to another character opened theirs and it stayed lit, I changed to the second character and opened theirs and it stayed lit, but when I went back to my main character and opened theirs it immediately went out. I was being extra careful and used different mail boxes in different locations for each one, but I don't think that mattered, I think the system was confused as to who it was addressed to being that it only had the @handle on it so it wanted all three characters to open a new mail before it decided mail had been read. Anyway, it's off now.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User

Now, about the campaign Icon glowing on new toons?

An indicator that they have things they need to do.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.