test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HUD reset after patch

reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
I know nothing can be done now to restore the mess but please check out why all HUDs got reset with this patch so it doesn't happen in the future. What a pain to setup again. I know I can copy from toon to toon but dps/tank/heal all have different HUD settings for me.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Why does it reset the HUD? Arrrrrggggg....
    "Load UI" does not help because it appears it overwrote my UI.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • amascus#1899 amascus Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Yes, very annoying. Some of us put time into setting it up.
    Anyone know if that is a file I can backup outside of the game maybe?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Should be able to make the change on one character and then save it to reload on the rest.

/ui_load
    /ui_save

should work IIRC.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    They also reset key binding. For the key I set for Sigpost, it log me out. LOL.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    My keybinds seem fine for signpost, AH, interact, invoke.
    edited September 2021
    pitshade said:

Probably because I bind them to Function keys. Other bind key seems to be fine such as 0 which I bind that for go to character page.

pitshade said:

Probably because I bind them to Function keys. Other bind key seems to be fine such as 0 which I bind that for go to character page.
    My signpost, invoke and AH keys are Function Keys. The Interact keybind is a mouse button.
    edited September 2021
    pitshade said:

pitshade said:

My signpost, invoke and AH keys are Function Keys. The Interact keybind is a mouse button.
    Then, I don't understand. My F1 to F3, F5 to F8 did not do what I assigned them to do.
    pitshade said:

Should be able to make the change on one character and then save it to reload on the rest.

/ui_load
    /ui_save

should work IIRC.

Can do that under options to, I mean a config file I can copy and tuck away someplace out of reach

• blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    I forget where she posted this, but Wendy Black shared one of her scripts with me long ago. After getting the GUI set the way you like for one character on your account, you move to the next and just type /reset in the chat window to activate the script.

In your ... Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\localdata\CommandAliases.txt add;
    alias reset "unbind_all $$ ui_load_file gui.txt $$ bind_load_file keys.txt"

Create your ... Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\gui.txt using;
    /ui_save_file gui.txt

Create your ... Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\keys.txt using;
    /bind_save_file keys.txt

I don't know if the order they are created matters or not? Typing /reset is a lot simpler than setting up characters one by one. I have been using it for years now, when they reset me, I can just reset back.

Just killing time...
  • corsair#6764 corsair Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    EDIT:
    It turns out you can save and reload the HUD. As pointed out in another thread use "/ui_save_file {filename}" and "/ui_load_file {filename}", respectively.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for letting us know. Are you aware of this impacting any other players? That will help determine if it's an account specific issue or more widespread.

Thanks!
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Yes this was talked about earlier here on this thread too. Maybe a moderator can merge them?
    edited September 2021

Thanks for letting us know. Are you aware of this impacting any other players? That will help determine if it's an account specific issue or more widespread.

Thanks!

@nitocris83 It impacts everyone who changed their HUD. There are multiple threads about that.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1262729/why-does-the-patch-change-the-hub
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1262741/hud
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/13190831
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Many in guild/alliance had theirs reset. Many reports in various zone chats as well. Defiantly a widespread thing.
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    Can confirm! Happened to me and me alts too.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

Thanks!

@nitocris83 It impacts everyone who changed their HUD. There are multiple threads about that.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1262729/why-does-the-patch-change-the-hub
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1262741/hud
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/13190831
    Thanks for the link! Hadn't gotten to General Discussions threads yet.
  • azanikazanik Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I can confirm this also happened to me.
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    And to me too
    2fv72Fw.png