test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arbiter Cleric Guide for mod 17 - Clever divinty management makes top dps

bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
edited October 2019 in The Temple
Heya

Here's my short guide for Arbiter Cleric. I use it for my cleric alt, mostly for daily solo content but it's also viable in dungeon run. It has very high dps, great survivability and is very fun to play.

The build is mostly based on cast of encounters without interruption, with high generation of divinity. It works fine for both trash and boss fights situations.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UZGOcQIMLCh5I4lrH63REK5YVsa3Kpk1hOyfic21z8k/edit?usp=sharing
Post edited by bifflinculte on
Tagged:

Comments

• flublblbluflublblblu Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Hi!

I did some testing on dummies, and even if it feels a bit weird to play (and I might need to bind my tab to an easier button, maybe on the mouse), I like it a lot for bosses (I use something else for AoE, and it does work well enough that I don't wanna change it).
    I wonder if you tried playing with Inner Balance instead of Sudden Verdict? I know that the feat itself looks terrible, and is not as good as Sudden verdict to get divinity, but it is much more reliable, and since our divinity is out after 4 powers, relying on Sudden Verdict doesn't always work.
    I will probably create a loadout to toy around new builds like this one, but it's not cheap, so I'm refraining from it for now...

Thanks for the build though, I enjoy it, and it's an interesting build for ToMM when clerics will be at the same level than other DPS
  • bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    With Forgemaster's Flame and Daunting Light encounter equiped (most Divinity consuming configuration) :

Each rotation (4xfire, 4xradiant) consumes 4x300+4x200=2000 divinity
    • Divinity gain for each Judgement stack is 49.5 with Light of the Scales (45+10%). With Inner Balance, it's 49.5+20=69.5. If you channel 7 times (full rotation), you generate 486.5 Divinity. With the 1150 available at start, that makes 1636.5 divinity. So you will always miss the 2000 you need to complete a rotation.

• Sudden verdict gives 25% chance of getting 5 extra stacks. So, in average, 49,5+0,25*49.5*5~111. Channeling 7 times makes ~780. With the 1150 available at start, that makes ~1930 divinity. That's still below 2000, but very close. If you're a bit lucky, you'll be able to reach 2000.
    So, Sudden verdict wins.
    Post edited by bifflinculte on
    Oh, I wanted exact numbers for the divinity per pip! I'm super happy that you have them, I thought it was around 50 but couldn't find the exact number. I somehow didn't see them when reading your guide... Where did you find them? I found ~50 when testing, but it's not exact by any mean

Re: Inner divinity: yeah, my brain fudged and I added 40 / pip for each tab, when it's maximum 20... Do you know if Light of the Scales apply before or after the additional 20? Not that it changes much, Sudden verdict always wins.

Oh, I wanted exact numbers for the divinity per pip! I'm super happy that you have them, I thought it was around 50 but couldn't find the exact number. I somehow didn't see them when reading your guide... Where did you find them? I found ~50 when testing, but it's not exact by any mean

When you put the cursor on the divinity bar (inventory window opened), you see the exact amount. However you have to do this quickly, divinty regenerates quite fast.
    I finally had the time to try the build yesterday evening, and did pretty solid damage in LoMM (second after one wizard better geared than me)! I only used the single target build, with BtS and doomsayer instead of Light of the scales (it doesn't even gives 45 divinity on a full rotation, I felt it was too low)
    It felt great doing that much damage! Arcturia was a bit weird, and I missed a mimic because of the lack of Sudden Verdict Proc, but other than that it was fine.
    I prefer using Lance of Faith than Conflagrate, especially if you don't need a lot of divinity. I still have to get used to the divinity management, because my run wasn't very smooth, I failed the rotation sometimes, and sometimes hadn't enough divinity and spent too much time on at-wills and tabing.
    And I don't have the perfect boons because I chose them before knowing this build...

Nice build, thanks!
  • barsidious#9558 barsidious Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Excellent guide! Thanks for posting.
  • paulamyo#4926 paulamyo Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    a
    Post edited by paulamyo#4926 on
  • jojo#2051 jojo Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Tyvm for your guide. Just returned after a 3month break and instantly loved the arbiter (my ranger was boring...)
    i'm really exited to try this since I only reached a little above 2/3 of a good wizards dmg on my previous loadout, which focused on buffing fordgemasters/searing and using %dmg buffs.
    Getting any guidance as an arbiter has been difficult so far so i'm grateful for the advice you're providing.
  • bumpzillabumpzilla Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I'll admit I was somewhat skeptical at first but this build works really well once you get used to the rotation. Thank you!
    edited September 2021
    I fianlly updated the guide.
    No big changes, the build remains exactly the same. The magnitudes are now up-to-date. I also tried to make the stacking mechanics more clear for the beginners.